Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_James16

I hate playing against the Kremlin!

16 comments in this topic

[_EASY]
Members
3 posts

I hate playing against this openly broken piece of russian bias game breaking trash! 

Cant pen it with AP against its supposedly "weak broadside citadel".

It shatters all  HE.

How in the hell is this abomination balanced! 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[EGO2]
Members
7 posts
5,406 battles

Depends on what ship you are sailing and at what range you are shoot it at. Best option that I can give you as a average player: shoot the superstructure on top, it can't have unlimited damage control parties that everyone else enjoys

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles
16 minutes ago, Capt_James16 said:

I hate playing against this openly broken piece of russian bias game breaking trash! 

It shatters all  HE.

Russian ship completely superior to all capitalist and fascist designs, sounds completely balanced to me, comrade!

Seriously though, you've just got to hose them down with HE and hope they don't shoot you.

Members
3,114 posts
13,077 battles
12 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

IFHE Hindenburg likes the Kremlin!

Truthfully, Kremlin is fun to shoot at in any fire starter, from Kutuzov to Smolensk.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,265 posts
22,545 battles

Note to self: play more Kremlin.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[DVL]
Members
297 posts
3,952 battles

I have not had any particular troubles with Kremlins in the game. Are they slightly OP? Probably. The most annoying part to me is that they are so resistant to AP, yet they have the special bias balans damage control that also helps them avoid flooding and fire. You have to resort to being a knuckle dragging HE spammer. 

• Cool 3

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

On a slightly related note, there is no coincidence that in CB this season the most common cause of death for a BB is ramming. It has something to do with most high level teams bringing a soviet BB. May or may not be related to the facts that high tier soviet BBs are a lot more resistant to HE, deal with fires better, and are pretty immune to AP.

[EGO2]
Members
7 posts
5,406 battles
1 minute ago, Rgtx1121 said:

I have not had any particular troubles with Kremlins in the game. Are they slightly OP? Probably. The most annoying part to me is that they are so resistant to AP, yet they have the special bias balans damage control that also helps them avoid flooding and fire. You have to resort to being a knuckle dragging HE spammer. 

You do realize that they have a limited amount of damage control party before they take a vodka break for the rest of the match? Yes it's short there and in between so I at least find it somewhat balanced 

[DVL]
Members
297 posts
3,952 battles

I do realize that, but for the player who is trying to deal with it before it runs out of that consumable, it can be very frustrating.

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,970 battles

The problem with the Kremlin is the same problem that people have with CVs, Smolensk, and will have with subs. Basically anything that doesn't offer adequate counterplay if being used properly feels like crap to play against. In the Kremlin case it's because of how tanky it is but it causes the same frustration. 

• Cool 1

Members
765 posts
72 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_James16 said:

It shatters all  HE.

Your playing wrong ship. Henri can kill of 2 Kremlins and then go to lunch.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles
1 hour ago, Fox607 said:

You do realize that they have a limited amount of damage control party before they take a vodka break for the rest of the match? Yes it's short there and in between so I at least find it somewhat balanced 

I really don't think the limited charges are the disadvantage they are made out to be.  It is rare to use DC more than 5 times in a match and only in cases where you'd have used it more can it be considered a disadvantage.  The 10 second duration is a disadvantage, but one shared by the IJN.  The short cooldown is an advantage unique to Russian BBs, and one that can extend their survival during a death ride.

I really think it is something that has been sold to the community as a weakness, but it is more often a strength than a weakness and one of the reasons Russian BBs are so tough.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,433 battles
1 hour ago, Fox607 said:

I think he did realise that...thus the comment about:

2 hours ago, Rgtx1121 said:

You have to resort to being a knuckle dragging HE spammer. 

Which leaves those shooting AP reliant on having to get lucky enough for it to turn broadside to counter it.

Sign in to follow this