You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Any PvE mains/exclusives got the Yudachi? If so, what do you think of her?

22 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles

Been playing her tech-tree cousin a bit to see if she really is my speed, and I think I can see where TRB and smoke could be combined to really kick the bots in their most tender transistors. But before I buy this ship on a half-baked whim, I want to know if anyone's got her yet and had time to play with her SPECIFICALLY with heavy or exclusive co-op use in mind.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles

It's a Tier VII so the base deal is around $27.  It's not like a more expensive High Tier Premium.  Been thinking about it.  But then again I was one of those crazies that got Azure Lane Yukikaze with F3 torps.

[PVE]
Members
14,695 posts
31,240 battles

Ship is kind of slow, torp reload is long, torps are slow, gun reload is ridiculously long, detection is not great. 

I have played a few games and it is just "ok". This one is most definitely not OP! Closer to UP.

I mean it isn't bad just not very good.

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,799 battles

I was thinking about buying it but there really isn't any new reviews on it the newest I saw was 2 months old.

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,799 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ship is kind of slow, torp reload is long, torps are slow, gun reload is ridiculously long, detection is not great. 

I have played a few games and it is just "ok". This one is most definitely not OP! Closer to UP.

I mean it isn't bad just not very good.

Ah, a Christmas ship. I can wait for Santa boxes.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
2,186 posts
7,673 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Ah, a Christmas ship. I can wait for Santa boxes.

That's what I thought when I saw that gun reload speed.  

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,485 posts
11,177 battles

Bought her just for the sole purpose of Narai to train up my IJN DD captains and she's not bad once you get into the harbor and drop a wall of torps

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

Bought her just for the sole purpose of Narai to train up my IJN DD captains and she's not bad once you get into the harbor and drop a wall of torps

That choke point in the end of the bay.  I can see lots of opportunity there.  Most everything else Shiratsuyu can do with smoke.  But flooding areas with torps wold be nice at times, even though Shiratsuyu's torpedoes are, torp for torp, better.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles
14 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Are you going to give @Lightninger a replay to feature at some stage?

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles

While I may not qualify, I asked a PvE main for his opinion on Yuudachi in particular on Narai. 

FD58573B-7B57-497B-B367-118143881A21.thumb.jpeg.fee04c79bd93352f28a95bd43a57bfc9.jpeg

I hope this is of help to you.

Additional TL;DR because he was too slow to type:

71192F49-0250-4EEB-BA1F-F8FF67F97F71.thumb.jpeg.302fae891c95375ec6c1be482e85fea9.jpeg

Edited by SireneRacker
  • Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,588 posts
16,305 battles

If you own the Shinonone and like it, you probably will like the Yudachi.  They both feel very similar to play.  They have the same concealment, the same gun reload and Shinonone is only slightly faster.  The Yudachi has longer loading torpedoes, but not horribly long and the availability of the TRB is a very big bonus.  I have not found the 15 km torpedo range to be a factor in PvE since the bots tend to rush your position anyway.  I typically play them both for the daily bonuses and switch the same captain between them, which works well. 

The Yudachi is not great but adequate.   

[-DTS-]
[-DTS-]
Members
40 posts
6,079 battles

Took me a while to record a decent replay of Yuudachi in Narai

No 5 stars but that's another matter

Hopefully this should give a nice gauge on whether you plan to get her for Narai or not

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles

I've been tempted to acquire Yudachi merely as a way to get another 10 point Captain and a bunch of signal flags along with doubloons and credits.
Haven't pulled the trigger on the deal yet, though.  Other budget items are currently vying for priority.

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
18,092 battles

I bought it and am happy with the purchase.

• Cool 1

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
21,806 battles

Imho with Torp accell , smoke and reload torps buster you can hold usual coop flank (dd-cl-bb)quite alone. ( If you have some spotting meanwhile in smoke:Smile_trollface:)

[USCC]
[USCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
309 posts
24,929 battles

Play few games and the smoke and torps reload boost its bots killer. Loved in coop

• Cool 1

Members
13,459 posts
40,194 battles
On 9/15/2019 at 2:27 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Been playing her tech-tree cousin a bit to see if she really is my speed, and I think I can see where TRB and smoke could be combined to really kick the bots in their most tender transistors. But before I buy this ship on a half-baked whim, I want to know if anyone's got her yet and had time to play with her SPECIFICALLY with heavy or exclusive co-op use in mind.

Give it a pass. I got it and played it in both coop and Randoms, first thing I purchased since the ReBork dropped. A waste. The guns get the triple shaft: slow turret rotation, slow reload (8.1 with BFT) and worst of all, they are punchless, doing almost no damage when they hit. You actually can't finish off anything damaged because even a 1/4 health DD can easily kill you. You have no health pool so forget trading with other DDs. 

Meanwhile the torps are easily evaded, and when they hit don't do much damage, cant see why. You can yolo bots like crazy, no problem, but you can do that in any DD, with a lot more pew pew pew.

I can't imagine why they made a boat this bad. I didn't really believe it could be that bad, but it is. It's like -- "how can we make a Shira suck, and then punish it even more after that!" If that was their goal, it's a success. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles
37 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Give it a pass.

I'm seriously considering just that. The concept is fascinating, and again, I think having two lots of torps to fire out of smoke could come in handy sometimes.

What might end up nixing the sale for me is that Shinonome is an all round better and more fun Japanese mid-tier premium DD - pretty much like having Akatsuki at T6 - but at the same time, some directives do like us to have a Tier 7-plus ship for things. If they hadn't dragged their feet so much over releasing Poi, or if I'd dragged my feet even more than I have already over Shinonome, I would have snapped this thing up on release. Now I am not so sure there's a place for her.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
13,459 posts
40,194 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm seriously considering just that. The concept is fascinating, and again, I think having two lots of torps to fire out of smoke could come in handy sometimes.

What might end up nixing the sale for me is that Shinonome is an all round better and more fun Japanese mid-tier premium DD - pretty much like having Akatsuki at T6 - but at the same time, some directives do like us to have a Tier 7-plus ship for things. If they hadn't dragged their feet so much over releasing Poi, or if I'd dragged my feet even more than I have already over Shinonome, I would have snapped this thing up on release. Now I am not so sure there's a place for her.

Actually, as I played it I was thinking that I'd rather be in Shino. With torp accel her performance rises to merely mediocre. The problem is the 2 two-point skills you need, torp accel and last stand, force you to give up a three-point you need, like the reload time booster. I put my Kiti captain in her for the IFHE, which seemed to help. 

But you're still better off in another DD.