Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Cavemn

Located before i move

14 comments in this topic

[PAD]
Members
389 posts
22,844 battles

Not a hack. You're simply the nearest ship to whoever has that captain skill on the Red team. Doesn't matter if you're moving or not.

It almost works in reverse. Whenever I'm "located" and then it drops out thanks to a nearby team mate picking it up, then I can sorta tell what the enemy's general direction is.

Hope this helps,

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
5 minutes ago, Crashe_N_Burn said:

I have been noticing lately that I am located before I even move in a random. At the start of the battle? Is it a hack or is it something I do not know about? Just wondering

The RDF locator captain skill has no range limit.  So at spawn if you happen to be the closest guy to the ship using that skill, you will be RDF'ed as soon as the mission starts.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,370 posts
20,934 battles
7 minutes ago, Crashe_N_Burn said:

is it something I do not know about?

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

RPF. its a funny tool when I can manipulate a ship with it and its funny when I do.

Back to the issue at hand, yes its probably you didn't know what the feature does... Then again WG is a very complicated GF to understand her ever quirks.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
22,300 battles
24 minutes ago, Crashe_N_Burn said:

Thank you all for responding, I get it now! Thanks again

Tip of the spear :Smile_izmena:

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles
1 hour ago, Crashe_N_Burn said:

I have been noticing lately that I am located before I even move in a random. At the start of the battle? Is it a hack or is it something I do not know about? Just wondering

Located or detected?  And what ship are you in?  What map?  Some ships can be seen from the Moon.  And some maps are the size of your school parking lot.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,296 battles
34 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Located or detected?  And what ship are you in?  What map?  Some ships can be seen from the Moon.  And some maps are the size of your school parking lot.

Oo....idea for new game mode.  Map is so small that everyone is detected.  No islands.  BB only free for all.  Muhahahahaha.  12 Georgia's enter, game instantly crashes on start.

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles

You're a sick individual.

[CNO]
Members
6,801 posts
20,455 battles
2 hours ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Not a hack. You're simply the nearest ship to whoever has that captain skill on the Red team. Doesn't matter if you're moving or not.

It almost works in reverse. Whenever I'm "located" and then it drops out thanks to a nearby team mate picking it up, then I can sorta tell what the enemy's general direction is.

Hope this helps,

There are other neat reverse tricks.  I like to sometimes push up a flank in my cruiser early game.  If a DD is pushing a cap, I'll often catch the RPF early and hold it.  When I turn back or ease up, the RPF switches to our DD..  Not only does this give me a good idea if the RPF ship is in front or me or the our DD, but it can make the RPF ship think he's dealing with two DDs instead of a DD and CA.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
7,168 posts
18,057 battles

Remember, "Located" and "Detected" are two separate things.  If "Located", you are the closest ship to an enemy player who is equipped with RPF captain skill.  He has an arrow to point where you are, but he can't see you to shoot at you.  If you are "Detected", an enemy ship or plane is within your detection range and can see you, as can his buddies, and they can shoot you.

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,698 battles
37 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

There are other neat reverse tricks.  I like to sometimes push up a flank in my cruiser early game.  If a DD is pushing a cap, I'll often catch the RPF early and hold it.  When I turn back or ease up, the RPF switches to our DD..  Not only does this give me a good idea if the RPF ship is in front or me or the our DD, but it can make the RPF ship think he's dealing with two DDs instead of a DD and CA.

I use being RPF'd as a way to screen my team. As long as it's me they have located, they can't really guess what my guys near me are doing, because I lead them all over the place, stop for coffee, a mani/pedi, a nice sub sandwich, a nap, and then after they're going in circles, I take the cap and torp them some more.

Then I go get more coffee.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,267 posts
27,038 battles

One of the funniest things in this game is how RPF / RL can not only be used by you, but how your opponents can use it to isolate where YOUR equipped ship is at.

Sign in to follow this