You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Let's get NASTY or Why I like Jimmy, It's naming with no shaming and I have to toot my own horn

8 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,795 battles

OK, so, I was last place. My question is, was my contribution a factor? Battleship with first blood, we won, but I was bottom on the team, was my sacrifice worth it, would you have played it another way? I followed  @Space_Jimmy after I was sunk, I think he did no bad moves. I complimented the team, until my compliments ran out. WOWs, my compliments ran out in 1 battle, go figure. Couple of pictures and a replay. The other team held well too. I am happy with my contribution, last place player on a Victory is still first place and if you believe that the victory is because of your own self ....

shot-19_09.14_00_49.42-0483.thumb.jpg.c67d292c4189d24f9f99695eb97d2196.jpg

Take out a DD right? That's NASTY poke out the enemies eyes.

shot-19_09.14_00_47.27-0572.thumb.jpg.05bc38ad2c66c7de57a9aa1ecb2c224b.jpg

Tank some damage. Was my play critical in this battle. Jimmy and his NASTY bunch were also critical to the conclusion.

@Lord_Zath what do you think?

20190914_002959_PFSB109-Alsace_45_Zigzag.wowsreplay

No Matter Just Asking. It was a great Battle by all involved.

shot-19.09.14_00.47.20-0997.jpg

Boring? Did you watch it? or are you just my baby troll?

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[KSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,671 battles

I would be unhappy with my performance if I did only 25k damage in a tier 9 BB.  Even with the win I would be pissed at myself for dying early and not contributing more.  Good job on taking a ship with you, but no, I would feel like I hadn't done my part in that particular battle.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,396 posts
26,601 battles
8 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

OK, so, I was last place. My question is, was my contribution a factor? Battleship with first blood, we won, but I was bottom on the team, was my sacrifice worth it, would you have played it another way? I followed  @Space_Jimmy after I was sunk, I think he did no bad moves. I complimented the team, until my compliments ran out. WOWs, my compliments ran out in 1 battle, go figure. Couple of pictures and a replay. The other team held well too. I am happy with my contribution, last place player on a Victory is still first place and if you believe that the victory is because of your own self ....

Tank some damage. Was my play critical in this battle. Jimmy and his NASTY bunch were also critical to the conclusion.

I've added it to my list for voting...  https://forms.gle/hxWfhNFEohvBobtP8

[WTFL]
Members
229 posts
992 battles

25K damage in the Alsace is not something the game rewards. Judging on the damage you did to your DD kill, it was a KS. Sorry, man. This wasn't a great battle for you.

Also, the best player in that match was sailing a Smolensk. Go figure.

• Boring 1

[-K-]
6,396 posts
26,601 battles

BTW, with the patch officially next week, I can no longer do replays from this cycle after Sunday's stream....  so be sure to get people to vote for it :)

[-K-]
6,396 posts
26,601 battles

As for the data...  1.4m potential damage shows you were indeed attracting a lot of attention.  While not getting much XP, you can definitely help the team by ensuring enemies are shooting at YOU rather than your teammates (assuming you're actively dodging shells - otherwise you're just dying and giving up points).

I also note you received a lot of damage...  perhaps you got hit by a bunch of torps or showed broadside to BBs a little too long...  or got farmed by HE spammers (looking at sources of damage, torps are out so it's probably farmed by HE spammers).  You did spot 10 torps but none hit, so good dodging.  So you were forced back and had to keep your presence on the field but couldn't get close enough to get your secondaries going.  The lack of damage could be because of the increased range and resulting difficulty in hitting enemy targets reliably.  You also mainly shot AP where perhaps HE would have been the most consistent damage dealer at longer ranges.  You died halfway through the battle duration, so you were probably either overextended or were on the enemy's push side by yourself and got overrun (Alsace + engine boost makes me think it was the first possibility).

This is what I can glean from your screenshots.  If people vote for your replay, we can see if I'm right with some of these :).  Otherwise, at least the above anlaysis might help.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,679 battles
9 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It is like a game of Chess, you make a certain move at a certain time and you can give your team just enough of a leg up to pull off a win! 

So yes you contributed to the win! 

But always look to improve your game performance, your ship positioning and the protection of your team mates and how you can help.