Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngryMermaid

WarGaming is working on better permacamo. They should increase permacamo bonuses if they want ppl to buy them.

15 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

It's clear WG is focusing more and more on better looking permacamo, and, now they have this new upcoming permacamo feature they're working on, as well as upcoming animated Halloween permacamos.

But, most ppl that buy non-tier 10 permacamo are folks like me that are completionists who want them on a tech tree line they decide to adopt as one of their favourites. Few people with limited disposable income would choose to buy lower tier permacamo over other things like more T10 permacamos or more premium ships, which are clearly better investments of doubloons. Because right now unless you buy a tier 6 permacamo for 1k doubloons you're paying very high prices in doubloons for very little gains. Since WG probably won't lower permacamo prices I think they should, for every 1k doubloons you pay extra, add incremental bonuses to the camo, to motivate people to buy them.

For example for every 1k doubloon of cost the camo could do -10% repair costs, going from -10% to -50% at T10 (which the T10 already does). This alone would help a lot, since people with non-premium accounts would be encouraged to get them (because non-premium account lose even more money to service costs at high tier).

But also for every extra 1k doubloon cost above the standard 1,000 doubloon tier 5/6 permacamo cost there could be other things like, even more xp bonus (which the T9 already does, jumping abruptly from +50% to +100%), or some slight +20% or something free xp/commander xp.

EXAMPLE 1:

T6: 1k gold: standard -10% service, +50% xp

T7: 2k gold: -20% service, +75% xp 

T8: 3k gold: -30% service, +100% xp

T9: 4k gold: -40% service, +100% xp, +20% (or whatever +% WG finds appropriate) fxp/commander xp (which is actually an inferior bonus vs giving straight out additional +% xp, but this would give permacamo the same +fxp/cxp bonuses other camos have, so psychologically and thematically it would 'feel' just like having any other economic camo, while making the +125% xp camos still better for xp grinding...)

T10: 5k gold: -50% service, +100% xp, +20% free xp, +20% commander xp, +20% credits earned in battle.

EXAMPLE 2:

T9: 4k gold: -40% service, +100% xp, +10% credits earned in battle.

T10: 5k gold: -50% service, +100% xp, +20% credits earned in battle (literally the same bonuses we have now as T10 permacamo).

SOURCE:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/480425190?t=00h29m00s

Edited by Silisquish
  • Boring 3

0 posts

as if the in game economy is not all ready broken enough, increase perma camo bonuses/// Great idea.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
11,183 battles
6 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

as if the in game economy is not all ready broken enough, increase perma camo bonuses/// Great idea.

I second the motion to dismiss.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

economy is not all ready broken enough

There is no "economy" in wows, we are not trading with each other, we are trading in earnings with WG. more earnings means more stuff. and some want to buy into an expedited version. resulting in WG earns more money. 

I was glad to see the proposals stayed to economic benefits and not changing the detection or dispersion numbers of a paid permanent camo. 

• Cool 1

[CSF80]
[CSF80]
Members
4,535 posts
14,329 battles
54 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

It's clear WG is focusing more and more on better looking permacamo, and, now they have this new upcoming permacamo feature they're working on, as well as upcoming animated Halloween permacamos.

But, most ppl that buy non-tier 10 permacamo are folks like me that are completionists who want them on a tech tree line they decide to adopt as one of their favourites. Few people with limited disposable income would choose to buy lower tier permacamo over other things like more T10 permacamos or more premium ships, which are clearly better investments of doubloons. Because right now unless you buy a tier 6 permacamo for 1k doubloons you're paying very high prices in doubloons for very little gains. Since WG probably won't lower permacamo prices I think they should, for every 1k doubloons you pay extra, add incremental bonuses to the camo, to motivate people to buy them.

For example for every 1k doubloon of cost the camo could do -10% repair costs, going from -10% to -50% at T10 (which the T10 already does). This alone would help a lot, since people with non-premium accounts would be encouraged to get them (because non-premium account lose even more money to service costs at high tier).

But also for every extra 1k doubloon cost above the standard 1,000 doubloon tier 5/6 permacamo cost there could be other things like, even more xp bonus (which the T9 already does, jumping abruptly from +50% to +100%), or some slight +20% or something free xp/commander xp.

EXAMPLE 1:

T9: 4k gold: -40% service, +100% xp, +20% (or whatever +% WG finds appropriate) fxp/commander xp (which is actually an inferior bonus vs giving straight out additional +% xp, but this would give permacamo the same +fxp/cxp bonuses other camos have, so psychologically and thematically it would 'feel' just like having any other economic camo, while making the +125% xp camos still better for xp grinding...)

T10: 5k gold: -50% service, +100% xp, +20% free xp, +20% commander xp, +20% credits earned in battle.

EXAMPLE 2:

T9: 4k gold: -40% service, +100% xp, +10% credits earned in battle.

T10: 5k gold: -50% service, +100% xp, +20% credits earned in battle (literally the same bonuses we have now as T10 permacamo).

SOURCE:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/480425190?t=00h29m00s

Far, far too complicated.  We would be better served if WG would allow the option to purchase EXISTING camos as permanent, for those of us looking for something different.  Example:  French Riviera could be purchased as permanent camo with all the benefits per tier.  Makes much more sense.

[KWF]
Members
6,715 posts
7,321 battles

The best thing would be for each non tier X permacamo to have a ship specific assignment, similarly to legendary upgrades. 

At completion be given the opportunity to add a small bonus to your permacamo (20% FXP or CXP, 10% credits). Nothing too game breaking, and an incentive to buy permacamos cause right now most consumable camos are far better.

Edited by warheart1992

[DVYJC]
Members
4,513 posts
12,307 battles
17 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Far, far too complicated.  We would be better served if WG would allow the option to purchase EXISTING camos as permanent, for those of us looking for something different.  Example:  French Riviera could be purchased as permanent camo with all the benefits per tier.  Makes much more sense.

You're saying existing camos with the standard per-tier permacamo bonuses? Or existing camos as permanent with the same bonuses as the base temporary camo? Because that one would be a bit broken.

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Well they're gonna have to if they have to pay graphic artists to design skins for all of the T8 ships and they find out almost nobody  spends doubloons (real money in in-game currency form) on T8 (and even T9) permacamos. In that link I posted they said they're designing special camo skins that can be purchased and applied to all T8-9-10 ships

2 hours ago, skillztowin said:

There is no "economy" in wows, we are not trading with each other, we are trading in earnings with WG. more earnings means more stuff. and some want to buy into an expedited version. resulting in WG earns more money. 

I was glad to see the proposals stayed to economic benefits and not changing the detection or dispersion numbers of a paid permanent camo. 

What's this? a sensible, logic-based reply? Too bad I upvoted so many other posts already I can't upvote anymore for the time being

2 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

Far, far too complicated.

huh?

Edited by Silisquish

[CSF80]
[CSF80]
Members
4,535 posts
14,329 battles
2 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You're saying existing camos with the standard per-tier permacamo bonuses? Or existing camos as permanent with the same bonuses as the base temporary camo? Because that one would be a bit broken.

I'm saying that if I wanted to convert a temporary camo like French Riviera to a permanent camo with the same bonuses as the current permacamos, I would like that option.  No other bonuses, just the standard bonuses/perks as any other permacamo that I would pay gold for.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

I'm saying that if I wanted to convert a temporary camo like French Riviera to a permanent camo with the same bonuses as the current permacamos, I would like that option.  No other bonuses, just the standard bonuses/perks as any other permacamo that I would pay gold for.

That would be a good idea as well - I hope WG is reading this thread.

Maybe they could just create a new menu where once you bought a permacamo, there's the new menu you go to and you select the appearance of the permacamo, and on that list is the default permacamo appearance, but also all the other consumable camo models like French Riviera. Or the Armoury would have a new tab added with endless lists of camos. Or when clicking on an existing camo the drop-down menu will give you the option to buy as permacamo (but that might cause bugs as buying perma-French Riviera camo this way might make the game delete all of your French Riviera consumable camos by accident or something).

Whichever way that doesn't break the user interface is fine by me since from what I've heard I have a feeling the programming for the UI is terribad in this game, so working around it would be the biggest challenge for them.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,513 posts
12,307 battles

I would also like this.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

By the way guys, I noticed Twitch removes videos that are too old, so I'm gonna post screenshots of some of the new camos here:

The special camo that you get as a kind of camo token/credit to equip on any T8-9-10 ship of your choice:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b20e59bd99368c3b181baec9bee32c11.png

The Haloweeen animated camos:

Shimakaze

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d559e391616618bb7f714e093e2c582f.png

Khaba:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a3635be93ecefdbcd503f5b5df4b4ad3.png

Alaska

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.25ca18e0da4c7bedd2c3e3f3d0ba5633.png

Montana

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c0ae1376c3efd8e6399fa1d0cc07c462.png

Henri

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5e9ea26e1043b8c76b29d84f00518152.png

Yamato

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b6953ca1d9c0eea4ca119850291f186.png

[CSF80]
[CSF80]
Members
4,535 posts
14,329 battles
3 hours ago, Silisquish said:

That would be a good idea as well - I hope WG is reading this thread.

Maybe they could just create a new menu where once you bought a permacamo, there's the new menu you go to and you select the appearance of the permacamo, and on that list is the default permacamo appearance, but also all the other consumable camo models like French Riviera. Or the Armoury would have a new tab added with endless lists of camos. Or when clicking on an existing camo the drop-down menu will give you the option to buy as permacamo (but that might cause bugs as buying perma-French Riviera camo this way might make the game delete all of your French Riviera consumable camos by accident or something).

Whichever way that doesn't break the user interface is fine by me since from what I've heard I have a feeling the programming for the UI is terribad in this game, so working around it would be the biggest challenge for them.

Exactly!

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

One positive consequence of my proposed change is that WG could start selling T5 premium camos with the same +50% xp / -10% service bonus and same 1,000 gold price as the T6 premium camo, without angering the playerbase. Because T7 onwards costs more than 1k gold but has better benefits, so it's logically sound. (right now, if they began selling T5 permacamos at the same price of T6, it would remind people how illogical it is to pay even more gold for the same bonuses at T7 & T8)

Sign in to follow this