You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Damn that was smart.

4 comments in this topic

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,691 posts
8,562 battles

Just out of a conqueror match, hunting down a couple of cruisers (minotaur and stalin) at the end of the match only other ship around is the enemy Montana.  Three caps down so these guys need to die if we are gonna win, catch the stalin coming out of the mino's smoke broadside (I'm guessing to spot since neither of them can see me since the monty is too far to spot me) so I pump her full of an AP salvo and she dies. 

Mino comes out a few seconds later as the smoke dissipates and my guns are reloading, trying to get behind the island that they were in front of a second ago, within 11km I'm thinking easy kill right? As I fire they suddenly slam the back end of the ship into the island and my shots overshoot by a good 2km or so, I was so impressed I even took a moment to say so in chat.

I mean he died later to another BB but still, that was a good play. 

What was a moment you had in game where the enemy did something you couldn't happen but be impressed by?

Edit: I mean this is assuming he did it on purpose haha

Edited by Sinboto

[ARGSY]
Members
25,683 posts
19,754 battles
5 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

What was a moment you had in game where the enemy did something you couldn't happen but be impressed by?

I forget which low-tier cruiser I was driving, but somebody spotted me and then a few seconds later I was devstruck (NOT detonated) from full health by a BB salvo out of nowhere. I think most of them hit, if not close to all.

I felt like the guy halfway through this video (Warning for language)...

...but I had to congratulate him on the shot.

• Cool 2

[1984]
Members
4,496 posts
22,239 battles
21 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Just out of a conqueror match, hunting down a couple of cruisers (minotaur and stalin) at the end of the match only other ship around is the enemy Montana.  Three caps down so these guys need to die if we are gonna win, catch the stalin coming out of the mino's smoke broadside (I'm guessing to spot since neither of them can see me since the monty is too far to spot me) so I pump her full of an AP salvo and she dies. 

Mino comes out a few seconds later as the smoke dissipates and my guns are reloading, trying to get behind the island that they were in front of a second ago, within 11km I'm thinking easy kill right? As I fire they suddenly slam the back end of the ship into the island and my shots overshoot by a good 2km or so, I was so impressed I even took a moment to say so in chat.

I mean he died later to another BB but still, that was a good play. 

Edit: I mean this is assuming he did it on purpose haha

An old school play where I orchestrated a late game comeback, we were chasing the remaining cruisers and time was running down. One ship to each cap (4 cap map) but time was in the red’s favor. With us spotting the remaining cv he proceeded to scuttle his ship (in those days tk did not give the winning points to the enemy, thus the game ended with 4 of our ships alive, all of theirs dead and we lost. Still makes me laugh angrily. Oh well noe of that seems possible anymore... the good old days lol!

Members
1,654 posts
11,795 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I forget which low-tier cruiser I was driving, but somebody spotted me and then a few seconds later I was devstruck (NOT detonated) from full health by a BB salvo out of nowhere. I think most of them hit, if not close to all.

...but I had to congratulate him on the shot.

That was me in my Izmail yesterday. Had a broadside Fiji sitting in smoke.   I'm lucky if I usually get a hit or two blind firing into smoke.

This one got three citadels and he insta-popped.

He wasn't mad, just surprised.   I had to empathize.   While it's good to get a red off the map, it does kinda suck when you go full-strength-to-nothing in one volley.

Edited by DiddleDum