Jump to content
Ducky_shot

WG, don't strain yourselves for our sake

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

8,543
[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,579 battles

"Submarines pose a real challenge for the development team, but we are sure that with your support they will find their Captains and make battles even more interesting and enjoyable!"

It sounds like modeling and integrating submarines into the game is an especially hard job for the guys at WG. We appreciate your effort and all, but I agree, they are a real challenge and I'd hate for you guys to spend excessive time, burning the late night oil to try and get them to work; foregoing sleep, food and basic human interaction. 

I'd say stay safe and sane and protect your mental health and well being and don't go to all that trouble for our sake. 

Don't worry, we understand and can bear the great disappointment of you guys giving up. We'll figure out other ways to get enjoyment out of the game. Like playing bogatyr and kolbergs and ark betas in triple CV matches. 

But please stay safe and don't overstrain yourselves just for us. 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Developers
428 posts
63 battles

 

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

It sounds like modeling and integrating submarines into the game is an especially hard job for the guys at WG. We appreciate your effort and all, but I agree, they are a real challenge and I'd hate for you guys to spend excessive time, burning the late night oil to try and get them to work; foregoing sleep, food and basic human interaction. 

I'd say stay safe and sane and protect your mental health and well being and don't go to all that trouble for our sake. 

Thank you for your consideration!

I'm already on a sick leave, though, so had time to play more Wows.

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

 

Don't worry, we understand and can bear the great disappointment of you guys giving up. We'll figure out other ways to get enjoyment out of the game. Like playing bogatyr and kolbergs and ark betas in triple CV matches. 

 

 



Just recently went through those tiers for IJN cruisers and destryoers. Haven't witnessed such occasion even once. Even though, it takes 5-10 average battles just to go through those tiers. And Arkansas Beta is a very powerful ship if there are no carriers, so she should have her weakness.
(But we are looking at T4 carrier stats now anyway - T4 should not become carrier paradise).

UPD. typo - forgot "not".

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
4 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

Just recently went through those tiers for IJN cruisers and destryoers. Haven't witnessed such occasion even once. Even though, it takes 5-10 average battles just to go through those tiers. And Arkansas Beta is a very powerful ship if there are no carriers, so she should have her weakness.
(But we are looking at T4 carrier stats now anyway - T4 should become carrier paradise).

Tier 4 CVs probably need more buffs, but that can wait for when you get back from sick leave/ (Get well soon!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,543
[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,579 battles
12 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

 



Just recently went through those tiers for IJN cruisers and destryoers. Haven't witnessed such occasion even once. Even though, it takes 5-10 average battles just to go through those tiers. And Arkansas Beta is a very powerful ship if there are no carriers, so she should have her weakness.
(But we are looking at T4 carrier stats now anyway - T4 should become carrier paradise).

Perhaps this should go in feedback. It's not really misc. It fits better in general discussion IMO. 

Here watch this game on your sick leave. Please input on the spreadsheet how much fun and engagement I was having. 

http://www.twitch.tv/ducky_shot_/v/474903168?sr=a&t=2946s

 

Edited by Stalingrad_Museum07
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Developers
428 posts
63 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Tier 4 CVs probably need more buffs, but that can wait for when you get back from sick leave/ (Get well soon!)

At least for me double torps, when focused by two CV at once seem to powerful.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
12 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

At least for me double torps, when focused by two CV at once seem to powerful.

Possibly a bit intimidating for players new to WOWS. But as the old saying goes, the best way to learn to swim, is to be thrown into the deep end with a ball and chain padlocked to your ankle with a piece of wire and paper instructions on how to pick locks.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[DUMPY]
[DUMPY]
Members
329 posts
8,460 battles
26 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

At least for me double torps, when focused by two CV at once seem to powerful.

Why not just limit 1 CV per team, per match in ALL RANDOMS?

WG has said they don't want CV players to have to wait in queue too long, but they end up nerfing CV's again and again because players complain about how OP they are.  (I would rather wait for a CV match for 1-2 minutes than face nerf after nerf).

So lets keep on putting 6 CV's in low tier matches until CV's get nerfed again and again and no one bothers playing them?

Edited by digitaljustice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,514
[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
6 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Possibly a bit intimidating for players new to WOWS. But as the old saying goes, the best way to learn to swim, is to be thrown into the deep end with a ball and chain padlocked to your ankle with a piece of wire and paper instructions on how to pick locks.

Yes, it's worked so well so far....:Smile_facepalm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,493
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,975 posts
23,384 battles
38 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

(But we are looking at T4 carrier stats now anyway - T4 should become carrier paradise).

Not sure what you meant by this, but it reads as "We think T4 should become even more favorable for CVs than they are today".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[WTFL]
Members
229 posts
992 battles
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Possibly a bit intimidating for players new to WOWS. But as the old saying goes, the best way to learn to swim, is to be thrown into the deep end with a ball and chain padlocked to your ankle with a piece of wire and paper instructions on how to pick locks.

Good saying. I'm gonna try that if I have kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
4 minutes ago, logane0616 said:

Good saying. I'm gonna try that if I have kids.

You probably shouldn't bother with the paper instructions, you know how kids are with techy stuff, it comes to them naturally..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,041
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,117 posts
16,910 battles
35 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

At least for me double torps, when focused by two CV at once seem to powerful.

Maybe you could report that feeling to a developer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,108
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,680 battles
1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

It sounds like modeling and integrating submarines into the game is an especially hard job for the guys at WG.

Perhaps this is because they have no place in the game.

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

We appreciate your effort and all, but I agree, they are a real challenge and I'd hate for you guys to spend excessive time, burning the late night oil to try and get them to work; foregoing sleep, food and basic human interaction. 

Not to mention ruining your complexions with all those zoo-zoos and wham-whams!

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

I'd say stay safe and sane and protect your mental health and well being and don't go to all that trouble for our sake. 

As these are qualities that you have in very limited quantities.

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

Don't worry, we understand and can bear the great disappointment of you guys giving up.

As evidences by the hours of non-stop praying.

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

We'll figure out other ways to get enjoyment out of the game.

Like playing it before you break it any worse than you already have.

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

Like playing bogatyr and kolbergs and ark betas in triple CV matches. 

I'd thank you for that but many, many laws prevent me from doing so.

1 hour ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

But please stay safe and don't overstrain yourselves just for us.

It's scary when smoke comes out of your ears.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Developers
428 posts
63 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Tier 4 CVs probably need more buffs, but that can wait for when you get back from sick leave/ (Get well soon!)

Yeah, sorry, there was a typo - they should not get resort-level treatment at T4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
1 minute ago, Umbaretz said:

Yeah, sorry, there was a typo - they should not get resort-level treatment at T4.

my hopes are crushed/:Smile_teethhappy:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,572
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,043 battles
2 hours ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

"Submarines pose a real challenge for the development team, but we are sure that with your support they will find their Captains and make battles even more interesting and enjoyable!"

It sounds like modeling and integrating submarines into the game is an especially hard job for the guys at WG. We appreciate your effort and all, but I agree, they are a real challenge and I'd hate for you guys to spend excessive time, burning the late night oil to try and get them to work; foregoing sleep, food and basic human interaction. 

I'd say stay safe and sane and protect your mental health and well being and don't go to all that trouble for our sake. 

Don't worry, we understand and can bear the great disappointment of you guys giving up. We'll figure out other ways to get enjoyment out of the game. Like playing bogatyr and kolbergs and ark betas in triple CV matches. 

But please stay safe and don't overstrain yourselves just for us. 

Nooooooo, I want Subz … 

Knock Yourself Out WG :)

 

"What's the worst that could happen" … Hmmm sounds so familiar 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
706
[APES]
Members
1,496 posts
10,117 battles

Playing tier 3-4 with little to no AA and 2-3 carriers per side is miserable.  I really don't understand.  This is a crucial stage of the game when players decide whether or not to keep playing and right now it just isn't enjoyable.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
2 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Playing tier 3-4 with little to no AA and 2-3 carriers per side is miserable.  I really don't understand.  This is a crucial stage of the game when players decide whether or not to keep playing and right now it just isn't enjoyable.

^^^^ THIS had to play some tier 4 with a friend recently its beyond disgusting, especially the IJN t4 CV it can just indiscriminately crapon everything its terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,587 battles

Stop the insanity before it happens WG... no subs in regular randoms, CWs etc... make a separate game mode and you will have my full support.   CVs should give you a clue on the inability to marry strategic weapons to a tactical system.

Delete CVs a simple and elegant solution....soon to be joined by Delete Subs, a simple and elegant solution!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×