You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Don't you get this uneasy feeling when you go on winning streaks?

13 comments in this topic

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles

You know MM will not let you do this forever. When the time comes, MM will put you on potato team after potato team. Just to knock down your ego some and bring your W/L ratio back to normal. 

[DJL]
Members
3,354 posts
19,278 battles

It's in their MM algorithm. Many players refuse to believe it exists yet I yet to have a winning streak not followed by a losing streak the next time I log on for the past 2 years. It's like clockwork. The only way around it is to play in Divisions. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It's in their MM algorithm. Many players refuse to believe it exists yet I yet to have a winning streak not followed by a losing streak the next time I log on for the past 2 years. It's like clockwork. The only way around it is to play in Divisions. 

Yep. had about 15 wins to 2 losses couple of days ago. Now i have been placed on potato team after potato team the last 48 hrs. 

[ALAG]
Members
168 posts
3,096 battles

I would normally object to this way of thinking, But I can't deny that for the past few games I could not get my teams to win no matter what I did, and a few days ago I've been winning with an abnormal ease... have you been spying on me?

• Boring 1

Members
1,654 posts
11,795 battles

The French missions got me into the DDs, and for Ranked Sprint I thought I'd work on seat time and spend the whole sprint in DDs.    Besides, I'd always grumbled about those DDs that rush in and suicide in the first two minutes, forcing the rest of us into save-a-star.   So, why not put on the DD pants and see if we can make a difference?    Sat down in Guepard and gave it a whirl.

And I ranked out in 20 games.     Did MM show favor with the win steak?    I've only DD'd in 920 out of 6555 randoms.   Was I either that good in DD, or is everyone else poor in DD?   Or, did MM favor me for some reason?

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles
14 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Or, did MM favor me for some reason?

Maybe you're just that good.

15 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

the win steak

The dinner for winners. Burnt to a crisp, or bloody as hell? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Members
108 posts
5,209 battles

lol, i wish.  have'nt had a win streak over 6 games since July :/

Members
1,654 posts
11,795 battles
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe you're just that good.

The dinner for winners. Burnt to a crisp, or bloody as hell? :Smile_trollface:

Well, it certainly was interesting in the Guepard, being spotted at 6.8km and no smoke.    It just took a little more caution and anticipation of where the red DD would be.    

As far as steak?   Well, I'm right in the middle.   Medium, please!

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yep. had about 15 wins to 2 losses couple of days ago. Now i have been placed on potato team after potato team the last 48 hrs. 

Seems  you've got to bring a div of the base 3 to even have a chance when the tide turns.  Even in the blow outs if you're a BB on the wrong side of the map you don't really have time to do much.  Here's to hoping they turn their M.L. mechanism loose on the MM system.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

Well, it certainly was interesting in the Guepard, being spotted at 6.8km and no smoke. 

Burnt to a crisp? The Dallas or some other HE spammer nailed you.

Bloody as hell? Shot through with 12-gun BB broadside overpens.

:Smile_trollface:

[WORX]
Members
14,370 posts
20,934 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

You know MM will not let you do this forever. When the time comes, MM will put you on potato team after potato team. Just to knock down your ego some and bring your W/L ratio back to normal.  

:cap_horn:psst,  Its not MM... Its the law of math...

Thanks Archimedes for giving me the ability of math, thank SIr Issac Nawton for giving us understanding of the laws of Gravity in math... Understanding of what comes up must come down, while being a mathematician.

Knowing this understanding of the above facts... Gives me peace that its not MM fault... If we want to raise our stats, they're ways..

• DIV up
  • play OP ships.
  • play ships that is not map dependent or
  • fleet make up dependent.

In no way is MM out to lower your stats... On the contrary, %45-%55 WR is about %90 of the player base is located.

Any higher, the number of people and the games played drops drastically.

Edited by Navalpride33

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,670 battles

RNGeezus giveth, and RNGeezus taketh away; I just wish He wouldn't use such a big bat!

[MEIST]
Members
1,604 posts
6,651 battles

What's a win streak? Is that something that WG added recently?

Edited by jager_geist