Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

Submarines Q&A (Video) (sign up for beta)

64 comments in this topic

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,544 posts

I signed up for the Beta.  Looking forward to trying them out!

0 posts

Excellent news. Supertesting nearly finsihed, Beta testing forthwith!

also very informative Q&A that should allay many of the doubts and questions members of the community may have.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I signed up for the Beta.  Looking forward to trying them out!

Sadly, the Beta is locked behind their WGC debacle.

• Boring 1

[SLI]
9,544 posts
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Sadly, the Beta is locked behind their WGC debacle.

Been using it for a long time.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Excellent news. Supertesting nearly finsihed, Beta testing forthwith!

also very informative Q&A that should allay many of the doubts and questions members of the community may have.

Nothing in that Q&A allays any of the doubts or questions, it's just spin trying to dismiss the inherent issues and make the contradictions and hypocrisy seem like "features" instead of problems.

As I noted above: 

12 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

"Submarines will have their historical role, even though they won't have their historical limits."

"We know submarines don't fit in the context of WOWS, but we don't care, we're going to crowbar them in by making them complete nonsense."

"We're going to impose historical limits on which ships (destroyers) can actually fight back against submarines, even though we're not imposing historical limits on the submarines themselves."

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles

I put up a message asking how big the special client is going to be. I have a nervous eye on my HDD space, and I really don't want to have to give up the PTS.

• Cool 1

[SLI]
9,544 posts
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I put up a message asking how big the special client is going to be. I have a nervous eye on my HDD space, and I really don't want to have to give up the PTS.

Edit: never mind, was thinking of the 8.8 update

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles

Sweet! Signed up this morning.

Nice job supertesters!

[GGWP]
Members
372 posts
13,526 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

"Submarines will have their historical role, even though they won't have their historical limits."

"We know submarines don't fit in the context of WOWS, but we don't care, we're going to crowbar them in by making them complete nonsense."

"We're going to impose historical limits on which ships (destroyers) can actually fight back against submarines, even though we're not imposing historical limits on the submarines themselves."

Literally the reason I'm excited for subs, posts like this.

[SLI]
9,544 posts

And then there's this line -- "Submarines pose a real challenge for the development team, but we are sure that with your support they will find their Captains and make battles even more interesting and enjoyable!"

How much of that is irrational optimism, and how much of that is just cynical marketing hype?

How much of any game, movie, whatever's advertising is marketing hype?  (the answer is mostly all of it).

Companies want people to be excited about their new products, so they strive to create excitement and anticipation about it's upcoming release.  That's just how all things work.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,597 battles

And then we're going to make all defensive gameplay automatic just so you don't hurt each other.

How much of that is irrational optimism, and how much of that is just cynical marketing hype?

And how much is a straight up prayer to RNGeezus?

4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Companies want people to be excited about their new products, so they strive to create excitement and anticipation about it's upcoming release.  That's just how all things work.

Truth and Honesty have nothing to do with this process.

• Cool 1

[SLI]
9,544 posts
Just now, Umikami said:

Truth and Honesty have nothing to do with this process.

Some of it might be true and honest, some of it might not be.  We don't know yet.  Well, to be more accurate, I don't know yet.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
11 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

How much of any game, movie, whatever's advertising is marketing hype?  (the answer is mostly all of it).

If they want me to be exited about their product, they can make a good quality product and then tell me the truth about it. 

Anything else is garbage.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,597 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Some of it might be true and honest, some of it might not be.  We don't know yet.  Well, to be more accurate, I don't know yet.

Then why are you saying anything?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Based on the general statements of the sub supporters (not necessarily Burnsy but in general)... we evidently don't have enough information yet to speak against the inclusion of subs or to criticize the inclusion of subs... but we do have enough information that the subporters can praise the inclusion of subs and speak in favor of it?

• Funny 1

[SLI]
9,544 posts
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Why is anyone saying anything about subs?

The answer is people are talking a lot about them, about what we do know so far and sharing our opinions and views.

I can't see the future and I am not in WG's board meetings, so I only know what everyone knows.  I can share that I am excited to see what they came up with though.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Based on the general statements of the sub supporters (not necessarily Burnsy but in general)... we evidently don't have enough information yet to speak against the inclusion of subs or to criticize the inclusion of subs... but we do have enough information that the subporters can praise the inclusion of subs and speak in favor of it?

Make sure you sign up for the testing.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
20 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Because he's hopelessly fanboi, and can't help but defend WG? :Smile_teethhappy:

[SLI]
9,544 posts
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Because he's hopelessly fanboi, and can't help but defend WG? :Smile_teethhappy:

I am a big fan of this game that we all play.  I wouldn't play it if I disliked it (I am not sure why anyone would play a game that they do not like).

As WG is the company that created the game that I like, I don't think it's a leap of logic to say that I think they did a good job.  Again, if I thought they didn't do a good job in creating the game, I wouldn't be playing it. :Smile_Default:

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,597 battles
12 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Having, over the last 4 years, seen the results of saying nothing and hoping WoW gets it right, I choose to remain vocal.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This. I already basically have two copies of the game downloaded. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,597 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Why is anyone saying anything about subs?

Because they have no place in a game about warship to warship combat, as they were at best a passive strategic weapon.

11 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The answer is people are talking a lot about them, about what we do know so far and sharing our opinions and views.

And your point would be?

12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I can't see the future and I am not in WG's board meetings, so I only know what everyone knows.

Are we betting money on that statement being true?

13 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I can share that I am excited to see what they came up with though.

I'm sure you're a quivering little bowl of Jello.

• Boring 2

Sign in to follow this