You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
A_Weeb_

Generic Title About Unbalanced CVs

34 comments in this topic

[SCCC2]
Members
125 posts
9,823 battles

Hosho is completely balanced, it has loads of counterplay, and is easy to stop one from trashing a team.

Change my mind.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4

Members
754 posts
19,884 battles
14 minutes ago, A_Weeb said:

Hosho is completely balanced, it has loads of counterplay, and is easy to stop one from trashing a team.

Change my mind.

Forgive him lord for he knows not what he does

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,670 battles
20 minutes ago, A_Weeb said:

If this doesn't change your mind nothing will, which is truly the first sign of a small and closed mind. But, you know, whatever.

Members
754 posts
19,884 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

If this doesn't change your mind nothing will, which is truly the first sign of a small and closed mind. But, you know, whatever.

this post is clearly 100% serious

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,670 battles
5 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

this post is clearly 100% serious

As was my response.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
46 minutes ago, Umikami said:

A video of a unicum wrecking face only proves is that uncums wreck face as they always do. Put an average player in the same match and the result will be far different even in the ultra weak AA environment of that match.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

3abwzc 3333.jpg

For me that would be Nicholas; though I do have Exeter.

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

A video of a unicum wrecking face only proves is that uncums wreck face as they always do. Put an average player in the same match and the result will be far different even in the ultra weak AA environment of that match.

Not a unicum by any stretch Wolf, but even I figured out fast enough what iChase said was the best way to attack another T4 carrier.

Basically even works with T6 carriers.

[RBMK2]
Beta Testers
163 posts
7,972 battles

Hosho is NOT balanced. It needs some more buffs, the flooding is pretty low, the planes are pretty slow. Maybe give it a 4 torpedo drop, add in an AA immunity consumable that lasts 60s, and increase torpedo squad size to 20 planes. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
152 posts
720 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

You don't need to be a genius to abuse the Hosho at that level, Ichase did it, I did it, everyone is doing it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

For me that would be Nicholas; though I do have Exeter.

Not a unicum by any stretch Wolf, but even I figured out fast enough what iChase said was the best way to attack another T4 carrier.

Basically even works with T6 carriers.

I only skimmed the video but he killed the red CV to end the match. What I was trying to say is CV like every other ship are only truly over powered in the hands of a unicum which is why we can't balance of that tiny percentage of the player base that are unicums.

2 minutes ago, NippleSnipplez said:

You don't need to be a genius to abuse the Hosho at that level, Ichase did it, I did it, everyone is doing it.

It doesn't matter, I have a far better win rate with less damage done. To me that says I am helping my team far more than you are. The unicums cause huge damage and win.

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles

What I was trying to say is CV like every other ship are only truly over powered in the hands of a unicum which is why we can't balance of that tiny percentage of the player base that are unicums.

I wouldn't disagree.

That WG seems to be trying to balance the entire class around the Tier 10 carriers, ONLY...

...perhaps, just perhaps, to 'encourage' players to push in to higher tiers, and to blazes with any poor souls trying to use lower tier carriers...

...is part of the reason I don't care much for the rework.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,670 battles
12 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

A video of anyone totaling half a team with an OP ship is still a video of an OP ship; the ship is way overpowered and needs correction, ie; nerfing. End of story.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
18,763 battles
14 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

It will be fixed. Its Tier 4 anyway, so who cares?

10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

we can't balance of that tiny percentage of the player base that are unicums.

Can't you guys come up with better talking points?

You've had plenty of time to think up something else. 

Talk about phoning it in jeez...

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,392 posts
28,357 battles
37 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Can't you guys come up with better talking points?

You've had plenty of time to think up something else. 

Talk about phoning it in jeez...

What more is there to say? It will be fixed and that's it. The carrier complaints on either side are toning down considerably to nothing more than average complaining comparable to fire, radar, detection, and so on. 

Also, its Tier 4. Who wants to play so much tier 4 that this truly is a problem? Its unrewarding and seal clubbing to dip down into super low tiers anyway. 

Members
1,072 posts
43 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

What more is there to say? It will be fixed and that's it. The carrier complaints on either side are toning down considerably to nothing more than average complaining comparable to fire, radar, detection, and so on. 

Also, its Tier 4. Who wants to play so much tier 4 that this truly is a problem? Its unrewarding and seal clubbing to dip down into super low tiers anyway. 

Yep.  Of course, there are people who will never be satisfied till CVs are either gone, or so bad that no one plays them *at all*.  1 point of damage from a CV is too much for them.  The person you replied to is one of those, as well as the one before him, so I tend to ignore them both.  

Edited by agm114r
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

A video of anyone totaling half a team with an OP ship is still a video of an OP ship; the ship is way overpowered and needs correction, ie; nerfing. End of story.

It is the best performing tier 4 CV but he did well over three times the average damage for the Hosho. It should be reigned in a tad but WG seems to only know how to use a sledge hammer when they make changes and it would probably become just as under powered.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,273 posts
8,381 battles

Sure is a lot of veteran & unicum players interested in T4 all the sudden?    

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

The Hosho is a ship that rewards skill which inflates the average damage. I would like to see what the average damage is for 50% players

7 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

People regrinding lines and tier 4 and 6 are the only CV's that are actually fun to play compared to tier 8 and 10 are more like work.

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
2 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Encountered a player the other day with 3k+ games in Tier 1 cruisers...

Maybe they play the Tier 4 carriers because they like them?

However others may feel about such; vets playing lower tier ships derisively being called ‘seal clubbers’ hasn’t seemed to stop such from happening.

1 hour ago, RA6E_ said:

Paraphrasing what @iChase said; fun for the carrier driver, not so much for the pewpews.

Also, paraphrasing what @BrushWolf said; lower tiers are ‘fun,’ higher tiers ‘too much like work.’

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,392 posts
28,357 battles

The Hosho is a ship that rewards skill which inflates the average damage. I would like to see what the average damage is for 50% players

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4185896656,Hosho/

Well from wows stats and numbers since 8.0, when the new Hosho came out, 25k is the average for all players. 

Average damage of players by win rate:

Top 50%: 33k (11k less than pre-rework)

Top 25%: 39k (10k less than pre-rework)

Top 10%: 47K (8k less than pre-rework)

Top 5%: 53k (6k less than pre-work)

Im sure someone could use that maple syrup site and get the week before and the weeks after the changes to Hosho to see the real, immediate and accurate difderences.

3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Encountered a player the other day with 3k+ games in Tier 1 cruisers...

Maybe they play the Tier 4 carriers because they like them?

However others may feel about such; vets playing lower tier ships derisively being called ‘seal clubbers’ hasn’t seemed to stop such from happening.

Sure maybe they do love their tier 4 play but my point is more so that this really isnt a huge impact on the game as most players tend to shoot for end game content. If someone only wants to play the first 5 levels of super mario for app entity they're welcome to as well. Plus according to the stats on Wows stats and numbers this game doesnt reflect the average players skill. In this game iChase has done 3 times the amount of damage most high end players get or about 6 times the amount of damage players get.