Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

Detonation -- Give flags if enabled in co op

18 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles

Shouldn't have to make another post on this topic -- if you're not going to give det flags in co op, remove the dumb mechanic from the mode.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WPORT]
Members
11,632 posts
15,954 battles

Captain's Skill of Preventive Maintenance + ship upgrade of Main Magazine Modification = 30% +70% = 100% reduction in chance of ship magazine detonation.

Spend your skill points and credits wisely, eh?  :-)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Captain's Skill of Preventive Maintenance

... has 0 effect on your detonation chance.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,400 posts
26,840 battles

Detonation is hardly an achievement and it is silly even in PvP although I understand the historical aspect of it. If you can be detonated in Co-op, you should be awarded signals. Considering the signals are the only good way to prevent it from happening, it is stupid not to award them. I have never seen anyone use the Magazine Module on a ship build since it replaces Main Arm Mod 1 that is a no brainer to use on almost every ship in the game save carriers and AA/Secondary gun builds. 

On the upside, Detonations are pretty rare although in my experience, they seem to come around in 2 and 3s. I never use the signals in co-op and rarely use them in PvP. I tend only to mount them for OPs and Ranked play. 

I would recommend that anyone playing co-op not use the signals, just eat it and play again. The only time you SHOULD use them playing PvE is when you are mounting multiple flags, especially the economic ones, in order to complete mission requirements or the like. Much like premium consumables, signals are a drain on resources and make the mode very expensive to play even with premium time. 

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Captain's Skill of Preventive Maintenance + ship upgrade of Main Magazine Modification = 30% +70% = 100% reduction in chance of ship magazine detonation.

Spend your skill points and credits wisely, eh?  :-)

You're confusing risk of incapactiation for detonation.  That's beside the point however.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,353 posts

But, it is so much fun to be randomly denied a service you have contracted for. Why practically every day I say to myself "Gee, I sure hope the phone company drops my calls, and wouldn't it be great if the satellite provider, randomly picked customers and blacked out the channel they were watching". Yes, such fun, really makes me want to give them money.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,400 posts
26,840 battles
6 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

But, it is so much fun to be randomly denied a service you have contracted for. Why practically every day I say to myself "Gee, I sure hope the phone company drops my calls, and wouldn't it be great if the satellite provider, randomly picked customers and blacked out the channel they were watching". Yes, such fun, really makes me want to give them money.

LOL nice.

It is an annoying mechanic and no less frustrating in PvE than it is in PvP. I get that Wargaming does not want players farming signals in co-op but Detonations are a bit different than other "achievements" since they are almost always RNG dependent. Not sure how many signals you get for being detonated but just give half that amount for co-op players who get blapped. Seems fair enough and it hurts no one. 

BTW because there are few ways to farm signals by just playing like in PvP, most co-op players don't bother using them save for rare occasions. This leads to hoarding them and figuring out how to play the game without using these crutches. I think Wargaming believes this will spur players to either buy them or to play PvP. I don't think this is the case. I believe most players do as I do and just hang onto them much like premium consumables and that is why we have huge reserves of them...... 

Edited by Taylor3006

[_EASY]
Members
280 posts
18,500 battles

The only time I use the Juliet/Charlie(Detonation) signals is when I am use the signals that increase detonation potential, India/X-ray(arsonist) and Juliet/Whiskey/Unaone(Liquidator).

While being detonated in the first few minutes of a battle by a bote on the other side of the map can be discouraging, it does not happen that often.... 

Edited by MWSVette1

[PVE]
Members
14,730 posts
31,352 battles

OP you are tilting at windmills in a hurricane if you think WG would do this. Detonations suck when they happen but it is rare so just :etc_swear: a little at the screen then go to the next game.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,353 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

OP you are tilting at windmills in a hurricane if you think WG would do this. Detonations suck when they happen but it is rare so just :etc_swear: a little at the screen then go to the next game.

But he is no more in the wrong asking about this than you are for asking the mercy rule be rescinded for Co-op. What is wrong is for a company to so persistently ignore the wishes of their customers. My premium time ran out yesterday, frankly, I see no reason to purchase more of it.

[PVE]
Members
14,730 posts
31,352 battles
42 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

But he is no more in the wrong asking about this than you are for asking the mercy rule be rescinded for Co-op. What is wrong is for a company to so persistently ignore the wishes of their customers. My premium time ran out yesterday, frankly, I see no reason to purchase more of it.

I don't ask for that though. I would like to see it, and post as such in threads were others bring it up, but I don't waste my time asking. Because, just as I told the OP, it would be tilting at windmills.

WG has no interest improving Co-op beyond the most basic things. I have stopped really trying to get them to do things that would make it better. They just don't care. I will take anything they give and be grateful for that is where I am now at.

I don't disagree with the OP either on his topic just to be clear. Just saying he is wasting his time as they won't do it.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,720 posts
30,125 battles

Since this post was first put up I have been detonated 5 times... did they change something or is RNG just taking a dump on me?

[DVYJC]
Members
4,513 posts
12,307 battles

Man, one of my fondest memories is a random detonation I got in the first five minutes of a random Tier VIII game... A Benson popped out behind an island as the teams were converging and took some fire, but got away with only a few thousand HP of damage because the range between teams was pretty close to max. I aimed where I thought he was sailing behind his smoke and blind-fired at 17 km and then all the sudden WE'VE SUNK AN ENEMY DESTROYER. Pure hilarity. My team went nuts.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,720 posts
30,125 battles

3 of my 14 Anniversary Super Containers contained 100 det flags, so I guess there's no excuse for me now.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,513 posts
12,307 battles

Of two supercontainers I've gotten during 8.8 for events, I've gotten two hundred standard signals, one hundred of which were det flags, so I feel you.

On the other hand, the other hundred standard signals were the repair party boost ones, which I always use a lot of since I play a lot of British CLs, so that was the one standard signal supercontainer I am happy to see.

Sign in to follow this