You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

LEMMING TRAINS!

21 comments in this topic

[187]
Members
961 posts
17,926 battles

I have seen the subject on here before but DAMN IT! Why don't people even in tier 10 learn? The VAST MAJORITY of the time a Lemming train does NOT work. In theory it can but in Practice it is Stupid! in over 14,000 game very seldom have I seen a Lemming train work. Go to the cap you Spawn Under ! Stop sailing all the way across the map because your SCARED in a video game to support a cap or at least to deny the enemy a cap. Was just in another HUGE blow out game were that happened again. Our left flank turned and ran across map to herd together in the far cap like a group of frightened sheep and all the did was Isolate themselves in it and get picked off by good focus fire one by one. I really don't care if you were in a Lemming train once that worked, but few and very far between. Stop falling for the illusion of safety in big numbers of ships camping in 1 cap. As soon as the enemy puts up resistance, the train stalls and game is over. Sorry for the rant but damn,,It's like Einstein's theory of insanity. Ram your head against a wall ten times and each time expect a different result. All you did was get a Headache.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

2 options in such cases;

Either support your lemming and try to get them to push, it works surprisingly well.

Or use your teammates as meatshields and try to farm damage/salvage whatever you can.

Regardless, always fight to win and at least you won't be disappointed by your performance in a potential blowout.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

0 posts

at least your teams have some sort of subconcious shoal or herd mentality for self preservation, I have had team after team where half suicide with individual rushes into the heart of the enemy fleet, without firing a shot, the other half sink from depression.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,987 battles
13 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Why don't people even in tier 10 learn? The VAST MAJORITY of the time a Lemming train does NOT work.

Because they can! If you want 11 others to play as you want them to then get all of your clan members together and form as many divisions as possible. Then everyone sync drop and hope that at least 4 divisions get placed on one team. You will have better luck with that rather than wasting your time posting about an age old strategy.  

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,027 battles
20 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

at least your teams have some sort of subconcious shoal or herd mentality for self preservation, I have had team after team where half suicide with individual rushes into the heart of the enemy fleet, without firing a shot, the other half sink from depression.

I haven't seen a good lemming train in ages … all I see now is people afraid to commit/support/do anything 

Ahhhhh, the good ol days :)

• Cool 3

Members
88 posts
3,815 battles
26 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

2 options in such cases;

Either support your lemming and try to get them to push, it works surprisingly well.

Or use your teammates as meatshields and try to farm damage/salvage whatever you can.

Regardless, always fight to win and at least you won't be disappointed by your performance in a potential blowout.

It can also open up some great flanking opportunities, as red ships will tend to angle their armor towards the train, leaving juicy broadsides exposed for someone on the other side.

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,597 battles

Every time I see a Lemming Train I just say "Screw it!" and go farm damage. You can't teach a pig to sing; you waste your time and annoy the pig. Or Lemming Train.

[187]
Members
961 posts
17,926 battles
30 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I haven't seen a good lemming train in ages … all I see now is people afraid to commit/support/do anything 

Ahhhhh, the good ol days :)

Boy are you right!

• Cool 2

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,187 posts
26,928 battles

I have seen lemmings work on one map consistently.....epicenter.   I honestly believe these folks lemming because it is the only way for some of them to stay alive longer than 4 mins.  Safety in numbers.

[HELLS]
Members
2,890 posts
33,043 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

The Romans would fall on their swords when they were losing...same thing...it's a game, no blood gets shed, so park your ego at the spawn and go have fun...

[USMC-]
Members
384 posts
9,764 battles

Whenever I see the train forming up I repeatedly tell them to keep pushing or they will get flanked. Alas no one ever listens.

• Cool 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,679 battles
3 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

I have seen the subject on here before but DAMN IT! Why don't people even in tier 10 learn? The VAST MAJORITY of the time a Lemming train does NOT work. In theory it can but in Practice it is Stupid! in over 14,000 game very seldom have I seen a Lemming train work. Go to the cap you Spawn Under ! Stop sailing all the way across the map because your SCARED in a video game to support a cap or at least to deny the enemy a cap. Was just in another HUGE blow out game were that happened again. Our left flank turned and ran across map to herd together in the far cap like a group of frightened sheep and all the did was Isolate themselves in it and get picked off by good focus fire one by one. I really don't care if you were in a Lemming train once that worked, but few and very far between. Stop falling for the illusion of safety in big numbers of ships camping in 1 cap. As soon as the enemy puts up resistance, the train stalls and game is over. Sorry for the rant but damn,,It's like Einstein's theory of insanity. Ram your head against a wall ten times and each time expect a different result. All you did was get a Headache.

There is a high concentration of New players at tier 10.

They have used their wallet to get to the top and now they think that tier 10 is super competitive and only play that. 

Here in lies the issue. 

The new tier 10 players are very fresh and cannot perform to a higher standard yet. 

If you want good teams play at the begining of an east coast american day, like 7am. 

There seems to be a good portion of only the most dedicated players on then. 

I have been keeping a log of how the battles have been and thus far it seems consistent even on weekends. 

• Boring 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,529 posts
18,431 battles
3 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

Lemming train

Just recently had a game with a 3 ppl division, t9.

End game result

Roon - 7 kills

Ibuki - 1 kill

other division I forgot what ship he in (bb) - 3 kills

No further comment from here on!

Sometime you will have a good game, sometime you will have bad game. If it too much, take a break, don't let it ruin your day.

0 posts
7 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

The Romans would fall on their swords when they were losing...same thing...it's a game, no blood gets shed, so park your ego at the spawn and go have fun...

when they were losing.

not at the start of a battle.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
7 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Shame if some other unicum Legion/Cohort decided to carry after they did that.

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

Safety in numbers. If there is one person coming at you then its a 1v1. If there are 2 or 3 then the enemy can only focus one of you and the other two will be able to go farming. Plus grouping up for aa is still a thing.

[HELLS]
Members
2,890 posts
33,043 battles
2 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

Shame if some other unicum Legion/Cohort decided to carry after they did that.

That is how I got the Solo Warriors that I do have...to get my Karma downchecked for not checking out with them!

[SALVO]
Members
3,710 posts
7,564 battles
14 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

I agree so much with this.  The absolute worst are lemming divisions who abandon their cap,  most likely culprit 3x BB 46%wr divisions.    Playing the cap you spawn close too is always the optimal solution.   Before that sentence gets misinterpreted:  I am not saying hang your hat on that cap and defend it to the death.   Defensive strategies such as kiting do exist and are worth applying.  Spawns are mirrored by ship type ( not tier)   so if someone abandons a cap  without  some sort of fight that is an automatic +1 ship for the enemy on that cap.  At the same time running causes a long delay before you count as a +1 at the cap you want to  fight at. 

If you like here are the best things I have figured out to do when trying to deal with lemming trains on my team: 

1.  If I spawn on the same side as the lemming train.  Do my best to spot and push hard. encouraging lemmings to push. 

2. If I spawn in the middle (I tend to play DD).  Then rush forward and try to get spots on the enemy team. Having something to shoot at will sometimes distract the lemmings from their train and cause a 2 cap fight . 

3. If I spawn on the far side.  Then kite and delay mode is engaged is immediately.  To see how much I can bleed and delay the enemy. 

• Cool 1

[KILL]
Members
1,100 posts
12,894 battles

I don't tell the enemy not to lemming train.  Just don't do it yourself and thank the other team when they do.    Of course the newbs on your team might report you for "yoloing" or running away to the edge or back of the map to stay alive.  But they don't know anything so forget them and don't care about your karma rating.

If you heard,  "Welcome to the Great lemming shoot of (2018,2019)."  Thank you for your lemmining.  It was fun!