Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tzarevitch

Open letter/request fpr the Devs to consider

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

808
[NUWES]
Members
3,523 posts
13,330 battles

Open letter/request to the Devs

I really just want to bring a couple of items to the Devs’ attention as an open letter. Most are small requests to address specific ships and one is a request to put a ship back into development.

Colorado – Please at least internally playtest giving this ship a speed boost consumable. The ship itself is fine. As a tactical issue during a fight 21kts isn’t fun but it is perfectly manageable. BBs are rarely speeding at each other in a fight. As a strategic issue over the course of a match it is an enormous problem particularly since T7 sees some of the massive high-tier maps. The terrible strategic speed can leave you completely unable to contribute to a match just by virtue of where you spawn. If you get spawned on a far corner of a big map and the battle moves away there’s nothing you can do about it. There is no ship that it can overtake and only a couple that it can even close to keep up with. It has nothing to do with skill, the ship simply can’t get there. More often you can contribute near where you spawn but the fight then moves away and that is it for your match, even though there may be 8 min still to go. Nelson experiences this problem too but it is a tad faster. California will run into it again when it is released.

You have put non-historic and sometimes fantastic speeds on ships that never had it before or were never planned to have it. The Normandies were to have similar low speeds but you bumped them up to make gameplay work better. Same with Lyon. I like my ships as accurate as possible so I wouldn’t want the base speed to increase like that but a boost consumable to help move across the map at 25-26 knots once or twice a match would make Colorado more comfortable to play and not make it overpowering.

Dunkerque – This ship is a candidate for the most power-crept ship in the game.  I think it got a recent reload boost but it is still very painful to play now. The proliferation of larger guns on T6 has hit this ship really hard (pun intended). The resurgence of the aircraft carrier alongside its terrible AA has hit it again. Its dispersion is just as bad as Richelieu’s bit it has none of Richelieu’s positives except the all-forward armament. To make matters worse, Eitel Fredriech, which is a similar small-gun, 8-gun BB, has been introduced with better accuracy, better secondaries, better AA, better armor and basically the same fast speed. Dunk really doesn’t do anything well at this point, which is a shame because it is a beautiful ship. I suggest something small like giving it PEF’s accuracy or giving it a reload booster, or maybe a speed boost consumable like the other French BBs so at least it can act as a fast flanking BC. I’m not sure which would be better but you all can test that internally.

Atlanta – A very old premium that has also been power-crept a lot. Helena does nearly the same thing but is a better ship overall trading useless torpedoes for better guns and more durability. I suggest dropping its concealment a bit lower and allowing it to choose which of the Sims’ torpedo loadouts to use rather than saddling it with the short one which is useless most of the time. 

Tone – Please put this ship back into development. I think there is a huge demand for it. My understanding from years past was that you couldn’t figure out a unique ability to justify releasing it and there was no way to control planes and guns on the same ship. My suggestion is just let it have both types of floatplanes (scout and fighter) as consumables simultaneously on independent short cooldowns. It wouldn’t have any new capability that requires special programming but it would give the feel of an aviation cruiser. Give it Lazo’s short plane cooldown and it can provide some fleet air defense with its fighter and also provide regular long range targeting with its guns. I think this would fit fine as a T7 premium CA. It could be workable as a T8 but I think T7 is better.

That is all. 😊

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[AFK]
Members
422 posts
5,129 battles

Agree with all but Atlanta, she's got really good radar considering not many ships at her tier have it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,255
[KWF]
Members
6,715 posts
7,321 battles

Believe me when I tell you P.E.F is candidate for the most indifferent tier VI premium. 

Dunkerque at least has the uniqueness going for her plus the ability to use all her armament without exposing too much broadside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,501
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,620 posts
4,774 battles

When Colorado and her predecessors were built, the designers made the conscious decision to limit speed.  There were very good reasons for it. 

When Yamato was built, the designers made the conscious decision to mount 460mm guns.  There were very good reasons for it. 

Yes, Colorado can be frustrating.  I'm sure the admirals in WWII had the same feeling.  But while you can fiddle with the secondary characteristics of a ship, but you can't just arbitrarily change what makes the ship what it is.  The Standards were slow -- intentionally so.  Change that and it's not a USN Standard.  So what do you suggest to put at USN Tier 7 instead?

 

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,734
[KIA-C]
Members
3,831 posts
17,012 battles

Atlanta is among the broken T7 premium and you want it to be buffed ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,857
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,912 battles
15 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Atlanta is among the broken T7 premium and you want it to be buffed ?

Rapid-fire 127mm guns from battleship secondaries: Good!

Rapid-fire 127mm guns from a cruiser with paper for armor: Nerf it! Nerf it now!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,198
[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
2 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Atlanta – A very old premium that has also been power-crept a lot. Helena does nearly the same thing but is a better ship overall trading useless torpedoes for better guns and more durability. I suggest dropping its concealment a bit lower and allowing it to choose which of the Sims’ torpedo loadouts to use rather than saddling it with the short one which is useless most of the time. 

Lol, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,043
[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,126 battles
1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

Open letter/request to the Devs

 

I really just want to bring a couple of items to the Devs’ attention as an open letter. Most are small requests to address specific ships and one is a request to put a ship back into development.

 

Colorado – Please at least internally playtest giving this ship a speed boost consumable. The ship itself is fine. As a tactical issue during a fight 21kts isn’t fun but it is perfectly manageable. BBs are rarely speeding at each other in a fight. As a strategic issue over the course of a match it is an enormous problem particularly since T7 sees some of the massive high-tier maps. The terrible strategic speed can leave you completely unable to contribute to a match just by virtue of where you spawn. If you get spawned on a far corner of a big map and the battle moves away there’s nothing you can do about it. There is no ship that it can overtake and only a couple that it can even close to keep up with. It has nothing to do with skill, the ship simply can’t get there. More often you can contribute near where you spawn but the fight then moves away and that is it for your match, even though there may be 8 min still to go. Nelson experiences this problem too but it is a tad faster. California will run into it again when it is released.

 

You have put non-historic and sometimes fantastic speeds on ships that never had it before or were never planned to have it. The Normandies were to have similar low speeds but you bumped them up to make gameplay work better. Same with Lyon. I like my ships as accurate as possible so I wouldn’t want the base speed to increase like that but a boost consumable to help move across the map at 25-26 knots once or twice a match would make Colorado more comfortable to play and not make it overpowering.

 

Dunkerque – This ship is a candidate for the most power-crept ship in the game.  I think it got a recent reload boost but it is still very painful to play now. The proliferation of larger guns on T6 has hit this ship really hard (pun intended). The resurgence of the aircraft carrier alongside its terrible AA has hit it again. Its dispersion is just as bad as Richelieu’s bit it has none of Richelieu’s positives except the all-forward armament. To make matters worse, Eitel Fredriech, which is a similar small-gun, 8-gun BB, has been introduced with better accuracy, better secondaries, better AA, better armor and basically the same fast speed. Dunk really doesn’t do anything well at this point, which is a shame because it is a beautiful ship. I suggest something small like giving it PEF’s accuracy or giving it a reload booster, or maybe a speed boost consumable like the other French BBs so at least it can act as a fast flanking BC. I’m not sure which would be better but you all can test that internally.

 

Atlanta – A very old premium that has also been power-crept a lot. Helena does nearly the same thing but is a better ship overall trading useless torpedoes for better guns and more durability. I suggest dropping its concealment a bit lower and allowing it to choose which of the Sims’ torpedo loadouts to use rather than saddling it with the short one which is useless most of the time. 

Tone – Please put this ship back into development. I think there is a huge demand for it. My understanding from years past was that you couldn’t figure out a unique ability to justify releasing it and there was no way to control planes and guns on the same ship. My suggestion is just let it have both types of floatplanes (scout and fighter) as consumables simultaneously on independent short cooldowns. It wouldn’t have any new capability that requires special programming but it would give the feel of an aviation cruiser. Give it Lazo’s short plane cooldown and it can provide some fleet air defense with its fighter and also provide regular long range targeting with its guns. I think this would fit fine as a T7 premium CA. It could be workable as a T8 but I think T7 is better.

 

That is all. 😊

 

 

Colorado:  Yes and no.  What should happen is that the USN standard BBs between tiers 5 and 7, premiums included, should have their upgraded engines become their stock engines, and then give them fiction engine upgrades.

Dunkerque: It would be nice if the Dunk's main gun accuracy was a little buffed.  However, what I'd really like to see is this.  Make the Dunkerque's sister ship, the Strasbourg, into a tier 7 ship with some bells and whistles like better main gun accuracy, French BB speed boost, etc.

Atlanta:  The Atlanta's OK, though it'd be nice if her torps got a range boost.

Tone: They could give the Tone both spotter plane and cat fighter consumables, but with much more reasonable cooldowns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,320
[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,142 battles

The ships 1, 2, and 3 should be left as they are just the same as none of the other ships should have been.

The development of the Tone should continue and once it is tested and found ready to be added to the game it should be. Once added it should also be left exactly as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
257
[CYNIC]
Members
582 posts
36,880 battles

what's with the terrible AA change again. This sector reinforcement is worse garbage than it already was . return the capt skills back to pre 8.0 CV rework/ AA nerf and dump this terrible worthless Aa sector reinforcement once and for all . Nobody wanted their AA reworked and all you have done is screwed us all over on AA 

Edited by Capt_Q_Sparrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,108
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,648 battles

Colorado: Fine as is.

Dunkerque: Fine as is.

Atlanta: Fine as is.

Tone: After seeing the CV rework, you have GOT to be kidding. Not just NO, but HELL NO!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×