You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wanturskul

Funny Ranked Story

8 comments in this topic

[SCOM]
Members
307 posts
10,368 battles

Ok, so I have mostly avoided ranked the last few months.  With the exception of playing a few games to get the rewards at the current rank I reset to.  So I decided last night just to hop into ranked for a few games to earn some flags.

I chose to take out my t-61.  I have been grinding the legendary mod on my z-52, so I figured I would take advantage of my captain.

The first match was forgettable.  Our team was handily defeated.  I did the best I could with what I had and got first on our team.

Second match loads up, lets try this again.  Right as the match starts we have a Perth on our team barking orders at everyone, I just ignore him and see where our team is moving.  Then he says something like "I going straight through C, I need the room to maneuver".  Ok, I look at C and there is 5 islands there.  What is he talking about?  I see our other DDs peel towards A and the A side of B.  I decide I will move between B and C until there is contact and adjust from there.  I see two red DDs heading for B so I cut towards C where the Perth was going.  I move in and start capping and spotting and the Perth is making his way up behind the cap and he starts his Perth cloud.  Seconds later a Arizona I had spotted lets loose a salvo and D-strikes the Perth.  Great now I am alone at C with 2 BB and a CA moving in.  We had a Warspite moving in my general direction so I figured I would hold out as long as I could till help arrived.  The Perth starts yammering in open chat about what a lucky shot and he has never been D-striked in his Perth.  I start dumping torps and slowing the reds progress, the cap is locked by the red CA now so I start to move out and do my best at harassing the reds.  Next I look and our Warspite has turned around and headed back towards B.  The reds cap C and the CA heads towards B leaving me with a P.E and Arizona at C.  I torp both of them several times and keep moving.  As I am kiting the BBs I see a red Warspite attempting to capture B with his broadside towards me and at about 1/4 HP.  I decide to take advantage and pop smoke and dump AP into him until he dies.  Then I move out of my smoke to focus on the BBs in C, I had about 20-30 seconds left on my smoke.  Then it starts.  The Perth comes back on chat, "T-61 you need to make a move stop hiding in smoke"  I ignore him and focus on the BBs.  I sink the P.E and chase the Arizona from C.  Then the Perth is in open chat saying "Our T-61 is star saving hiding in smoke".  Meanwhile our team is getting worked and is down to me and the Warspite that ran.  Still the Perth is complaining in open chat about me being a star saver and didn't do anything to help my team.  I cap C and the Warspite dies.  I land a few more torps and finish off a wounded DD and head towards B.  The Perth continues his rant at me.  At this point I had 2 BBs and a CA against me.  I tried my best but a Fuso blasted me  coming around a island and we lost.

Up comes the results screen which I was top on of our team with double the points of second and the lonely Perth was buried at the bottom.  The kicker was that I had no stars to save because this was literally my second match this ranked season.  I was the only rank 10 in the match and the Perth was a rank 5.  I found that pretty funny but also a reminder why I don't care for playing ranked.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
30 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

I found that pretty funny but also a reminder why I don't care for playing ranked.

Started late, made Rank 4, I think I'm done...

Various issues, after three days, finally saw a carrier and of course it was the usual garbage where only the carriers were alive at the end, but it didn't help my feelings on the matter to watch so much other idiocy... 'Hey, I think I'll slow down and stop broadside to a Fuso..."  etc...

At least I made the carrier work to kill me, and the only reason he did was a Guepard that apparently had no idea what a MBRB was. 

Deal with a good carrier (doesn't make them any less scum and trash,) in Shinonome, or a potato Guepard, but not both at the same time.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[YORHA]
Members
5,454 posts
10,752 battles

The second some nozzlehead on my team types "Stay Together" I know it's going to be  a waste of time, flags and camo.

[PVE]
Members
11,204 posts
19,830 battles

From the mouths of babes seldom comes wisdom. I have been doing the Ranked sprint battles (to my own amazement) and have been doing quite well in the West Virginia. She has faithfully taken me to tier 3, 10 battles 8 wins and I managed to save a star on the 2 losses. Thank god I watched this video.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,970 posts
23,372 battles

I get yelled at in 30-40% of my Ranked and Ranked Sprint games for not contributing/being too far away/not helping the team. The problem being, of course, that the team is often doing something stupid, the guy doing the yelling is dead because he was the stupidest of the bunch, and the words coming out of his mouth are stupid even for him. So yeah, turns out a lot of people put all their WoWS skill points in "blaming others" and not in "gitting gud".

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

In my last Ranked game our team got completely wiped out.

Our team only managed to sink only one ship - one of our own, a team kill. 

The player who team killed was number one on our team and saved a star. That was my last Ranked game. 

[WOLF6]
Members
962 posts
3 hours ago, Wanturskul said:

Ok, so I have mostly avoided ranked the last few months.  With the exception of playing a few games to get the rewards at the current rank I reset to.  So I decided last night just to hop into ranked for a few games to earn some flags.

I chose to take out my t-61.  I have been grinding the legendary mod on my z-52, so I figured I would take advantage of my captain.

The first match was forgettable.  Our team was handily defeated.  I did the best I could with what I had and got first on our team.

Second match loads up, lets try this again.  Right as the match starts we have a Perth on our team barking orders at everyone, I just ignore him and see where our team is moving.  Then he says something like "I going straight through C, I need the room to maneuver".  Ok, I look at C and there is 5 islands there.  What is he talking about?  I see our other DDs peel towards A and the A side of B.  I decide I will move between B and C until there is contact and adjust from there.  I see two red DDs heading for B so I cut towards C where the Perth was going.  I move in and start capping and spotting and the Perth is making his way up behind the cap and he starts his Perth cloud.  Seconds later a Arizona I had spotted lets loose a salvo and D-strikes the Perth.  Great now I am alone at C with 2 BB and a CA moving in.  We had a Warspite moving in my general direction so I figured I would hold out as long as I could till help arrived.  The Perth starts yammering in open chat about what a lucky shot and he has never been D-striked in his Perth.  I start dumping torps and slowing the reds progress, the cap is locked by the red CA now so I start to move out and do my best at harassing the reds.  Next I look and our Warspite has turned around and headed back towards B.  The reds cap C and the CA heads towards B leaving me with a P.E and Arizona at C.  I torp both of them several times and keep moving.  As I am kiting the BBs I see a red Warspite attempting to capture B with his broadside towards me and at about 1/4 HP.  I decide to take advantage and pop smoke and dump AP into him until he dies.  Then I move out of my smoke to focus on the BBs in C, I had about 20-30 seconds left on my smoke.  Then it starts.  The Perth comes back on chat, "T-61 you need to make a move stop hiding in smoke"  I ignore him and focus on the BBs.  I sink the P.E and chase the Arizona from C.  Then the Perth is in open chat saying "Our T-61 is star saving hiding in smoke".  Meanwhile our team is getting worked and is down to me and the Warspite that ran.  Still the Perth is complaining in open chat about me being a star saver and didn't do anything to help my team.  I cap C and the Warspite dies.  I land a few more torps and finish off a wounded DD and head towards B.  The Perth continues his rant at me.  At this point I had 2 BBs and a CA against me.  I tried my best but a Fuso blasted me  coming around a island and we lost.

Up comes the results screen which I was top on of our team with double the points of second and the lonely Perth was buried at the bottom.  The kicker was that I had no stars to save because this was literally my second match this ranked season.  I was the only rank 10 in the match and the Perth was a rank 5.  I found that pretty funny but also a reminder why I don't care for playing ranked.

You should have  "inquired" about his mother while addressing him as "son" , always good for a laugh . :Smile_trollface:

[GOB]
Members
3,034 posts

Why is it always the potato that gets in chat barking orders like they know better than everyone else.  If I get blapped early I just say SORRY.   Just like the ones who star whining 5 seconds into the match about going to lose or the ones who type GG as soon as 1 ship dies.  2019 is the year of the whiny quitters.

They will NEVER know the thrill of the COMEBACK!!!

Col Out