You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Breaking the Game... again

91 comments in this topic

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

Anyone paying attention realizes that CVs have been in this type of state at some tier (or complete trash)  nearly the entire rework.

It's yet another "oops" on the part of WG. And more pain for the WoWS community. But at this point, any of us still playing should expect this type of thing.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
201 posts
7 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Anyone paying attention realizes that CVs have been in this type of state at some tier (or complete trash)  nearly the entire rework.

It's yet another "oops" on the part of WG. And more pain for the WoWS community. But at this point, any of us still playing should expect this type of thing.

I do not think it is a "oops" mistake on WG part.  The CV rework has had too many "oops" to all be simply screwups.  The 4-6 CVs per game seen at tier 4 now help to bring up their played percentage.  If people (like myself) just get disgusted being piñatas to the CVs and just quit playing other types increases the CV percentage even more which I guess is OK by WOWs.

At least it has killed my desire to buy any premium surface CV target.

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles

a little late to the hate on CV Torp party... SO if a Bombs or rockets have a 50k DMG at tier 4 its cool

WHen its torps (where one can negate DMG with rudder) NERF!

Human achievement should not be punished...

• Boring 1

[QC]
Members
69 posts
8,911 battles
3 minutes ago, gslick said:

I do not think it is a "oops" mistake on WG part. 

It's very bad for player retention, I mean new player will just be wipe away while we need new players (new foods). I play 2 games and the CV were in good mode, pretty boring I just switch back to higher tier.

That beeing said I would like to not beeing deplaned that easily in higher tier. I don't understand how the spreadsheet says having that much planes in t4 cv is ok but beeing deplaned that easy in tier 8 or 10 is also ok.

[NYAAR]
Members
3,010 posts
16,006 battles

T4 CVs do not have the ability to drop a fighter Squadron

In the previous RTS, Fighters could still 'engage' another enemy squadron, though they lacked the ability to strafe.

Could adding the ability of dropping a fighter squadron, such as the later CVs do, help to mitigate the T4 aircraft vs T4 ships that have no AA?

I know that some use the fighter drops as a way to spot, but for the most part, T3-5 ships have fairly high visibility and short ranged weapons. In most instances a DD will be spotted while performing a torp attack.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,516 posts
26,241 battles

IMO, gimmicks are all they have left....  Their intellectual property is on the wane to a mature game slow death and instead of diving into "quality game play", our host seems to have decided a year + ago that kiddie arcade shooters is the way to go....!   Make no mistake, their actions are planned and have a purpose....  They are headed towards where the "real profits are" and they reside in kiddie, gimmick laden shooting arcade games that can be played on phones and play stations and such stuff....  e-Sales and microtransactions.   Constant low cost gimmick sales....  Sound familiar>?

If I were in charge, I'd head the other way !!!  No one out there is serious about historical quality games!!!  This IP has some extreme value in the premise and I am baffled why our host hasn't taken the quality road vis-a-vis gimmicks?  Time will tell whom is right and markets, are never wrong or forgiving....

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,600 posts
9 minutes ago, Friederiz said:

That beeing said I would like to not beeing deplaned that easily in higher tier. I don't understand how the spreadsheet says having that much planes in t4 cv is ok but beeing deplaned that easy in tier 8 or 10 is also ok.

The spreadsheet didn't say it was good for balance, it said it would increase the CV population.  WG buffed lower tiers to increase the population, all in the hopes it trickle up to the higher tiers.  WG kept their word, they said they'd buff CVs in they felt the CV population was too low. 

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
22,318 battles

What worries me is WG has stated lately that they feel CVs are in a good spot and no major changes were coming 

T5 is where they should have started CVs

T3 should never see them, but at this point i care less for this game daily. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,243 posts
591 battles

after playing my tier 3 french dd to start the grind, and a few other tier three ships (I have a few favorites) do any tier thee ships have AAA??? 
Seems odd to see high tier CV's and THREE OF THEM??? And not have any AAA at all....just very odd

that's what the BIG CV   issue seems to be

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
3,047 posts

So is there a reason why the T4 CV didn't get this buff??  Just tried the Hermes and it's still fairly worthless.  Gonna get sold of if it's not getting help.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,551 posts
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

So is there a reason why the T4 CV didn't get this buff??  Just tried the Hermes and it's still fairly worthless.  Gonna get sold of if it's not getting help.

Ships get buffed and nerfed all the time.  If you just try to get the current "best" or "OP" ships in you port, you are going to be constantly losing credits.

The T10 IJN CV for example was the CV to have after 8.0 with the whole flying shima thing.  I know a few people that unlocked a crazy amount of FXP to jump to it and of course it was nerfed half to death a week later.  It stayed that way for a while and now it's an OK CV again.

I am sure that the IJN T4 CV will be seeing a nerf in the future and the Hermes will fall back in line with the others.

[CHASE]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
1,113 posts
10,703 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Yeah, I specifically mention how they buffed Langley and Hosho and forgot Hermes lol, why I will not know

[SIMP]
Members
1,705 posts
2 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

..Why is it that WG create situations like this???? 

Wait...

Where is the "Destroyers - Unlimited Torps" video?

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
7,600 posts
20 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Wait...

Where is the "Destroyers - Unlimited Torps" video?

There will be one when DDs can fly right up to less than 1km away and drop unavoidable torps.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,423 battles

This thread should be merged with the Hosho flying Shimakaze thread.

I'll be happy when community contributors stop showing cherry picked games with the odds stacked absurdly in favor of the point they make to make points like this.

Want to showcase a Hosho problem against tier 3 ships? Dont use your high point captain and dont division with a Nikolai I...

...just show any random Hosho against tier 3 battle with your 3 point captain...the lack of AA is the problem.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[COOP2]
Members
406 posts
10,610 battles

I don't think most tier 4 carrier players are doing this well. If they are then I haven't seen it in my few recent random low tier battles but that is not a large enough sample set to draw a conclusion from.

One other post showed the average damage is (relatively speaking) high for Hosho, but I am wondering what the MEDIAN (50% lower/50%higher) damage is not the MEAN (Average) to see if good players are skewing this number upwards.

Members
1,072 posts
12 minutes ago, Ironshroud said:

I don't think most tier 4 carrier players are doing this well. If they are then I haven't seen it in my few recent random low tier battles but that is not a large enough sample set to draw a conclusion from.

One other post showed the average damage is (relatively speaking) high for Hosho, but I am wondering what the MEDIAN (50% lower/50%higher) damage is not the MEAN (Average) to see if good players are skewing this number upwards.

As @Daniel_Allan_Clark said, if you really want to show a problem, don't bring your 19-point captain, and don't div with a Nikolai...

I don't find the resulting video very compelling other than perhaps a 'How to seal club with a 19-point captain and a known OP ship div-mate'

Members
1,072 posts
1 hour ago, iChase said:

Yeah, I specifically mention how they buffed Langley and Hosho and forgot Hermes lol, why I will not know

If you want to be credible, don't bring your maxed out captain, and don't div with a known OP ship next time.

Most T4 Hosho captains won't have access to either.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
18,789 battles

@iChase, the talking point now is that you were seal clubbing with an OP div and high point captain. 

Could you please make another video playing solo with say a 7 point captain to help prove your point?

Not that it will satisfy the fanbois but would be more evidence of the problem at hand. 

[CHASE]
1,113 posts
10,703 battles

All solo battles now

8 player battle - high caliber

578783604_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1112-09-49-524.thumb.png.5ec791653684d83cf0f6d2665b3e57a7.png

1183365773_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1112-09-51-898.thumb.png.66f75f5a303359a8bc2146bf6ac447cb.png

A battle with only only T4 and T5

1006854212_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1112-55-25-990.thumb.png.f86d5f713ca2ccc04f10cb17d3290eec.png

905938689_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1112-55-28-214.thumb.png.8e979969aacaaad5b8cea6d458c44921.png

And a battle with T3 BBs...farming time let's go

221629640_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1113-18-59-180.thumb.png.5a73d623ba6500bfa7c689bcd2260bd3.png2011999466_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1113-19-01-566.thumb.png.0c093a114a54a48c41f34c12ea74dd8e.png

and that battle with only 1 T4 BB

1765067166_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1112-40-34-571.thumb.png.c8ae1afc9a7e78c348c5c21abee2daaf.png

228322932_WorldOfWarships642019-09-1112-40-38-180.thumb.png.5a3f92543a1b0a83220000d0f67ac9a7.png

Edited by iChase
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
7,600 posts
21 minutes ago, agm114r said:

As @Daniel_Allan_Clark said, if you really want to show a problem, don't bring your 19-point captain, and don't div with a Nikolai...

I don't find the resulting video very compelling other than perhaps a 'How to seal club with a 19-point captain and a known OP ship div-mate'

20 minutes ago, agm114r said:

If you want to be credible, don't bring your maxed out captain, and don't div with a known OP ship next time.

Most T4 Hosho captains won't have access to either.

Chase's captain or div mate had no bearing on the fact the enemy surface ships only managed to shoot down two planes.  The interaction is broken when the only so-called counter doesn't work.  CV game play at this tier is just shooting fish in a barrel.

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
1,113 posts
10,703 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

Chase's captain or div mate had no bearing on the fact the enemy surface ships only managed to shoot down two planes.  The interaction is broken when the only so-called counter doesn't work.  CV game play at this tier is just shooting fish in a barrel.

Well I purposely ditched my div mate for the most recent battles and now it looks like the captain is the issue...*sigh* time to go club some more seals