You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPTMUDDXX

Reset #2 Underway

68 comments in this topic

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
6,648 posts
16,758 battles

Even though the reset US DD line took a few days longer to complete than I expected I decided to try resetting another line. 

I chose the entire US CL/CA line. The Free XP I built up from the first reset carried me to the Dallas and New Orleans. Buying 250k Free XP for 12500 Research Tokens is great.

Be bored all you want Knuckleheads! 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 6

[BS]
Members
1,597 posts
8,325 battles
6 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Even though the reset US DD line took a few days longer to complete than I expected I decided to try resetting another line. 

I chose the entire US CL/CA line. The Free XP I built up from the first reset carried me to the Dallas and New Orleans. Buying 250k Free XP for 12500 Research Tokens is great.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose though? Isn't the whole point to save the research points?

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 6
  • Confused 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,621 posts
12,217 battles

I reset 4 lines all at once and I am not using Free XP during the replay.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,835 posts
4,329 battles
9 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

That's two resets, isn't it? Or had you not completed the USN lines?

I don't get the point of spending RPs on stuff other than ships?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,291 posts
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah there is no way that I spending my RB points on FXP.  I am EARNING FXP during regrinds, but that's just a passive thing along the way.  The goal is only the ship as far as I am concerned.

I look at the FXP thing as a currency dump.  We have had them in the past in many events.  You got all the things you could but you have some left, instead of losing it, you get at least "something" for it.  Some flags or whatever.

I think the FXP exchange is that currency dump, if you have enough left over from several regrinds and are not doing the RB again in the future.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,835 posts
4,329 battles

Oh, I see why it's offered as an option.  I don't see using it this early in the game. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,717 posts
3,854 battles

I can't see doing it for any other reason than buying the RB ships?   Unless you really have some kind of wood for a FXP ship, it seems pointless?   

[LEGIT]
Members
1,825 posts
25,977 battles

Reset KM BB, RN CL, and French BB

Got to Gneis fully upgraded waiting for baby ranked, and then Bis for the next baby ranked

RN CL on Neptune at 100K having fun. I'll reset this one in a week or so I guess

French BB on Richelieu at 90 K and having fun - though Alsace I didn't play well but we'll see this time around.

So in a few more weeks I should have 50K of those whatever points.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
6,648 posts
16,758 battles
45 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose though? Isn't the whole point to save the research points?

No it doesn't defeat the purpose. If one wants to save the Research Tokens they are perfectly welcome to. The Armory offers 250k Free XP for 12500 Research Tokens and I chose to use that.

46 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Good luck, still on my UK CL reset. 

Thanks

42 minutes ago, paradat said:

I reset 4 lines all at once and I am not using Free XP during the replay.

That's great I hope it works out as well for you as my choice is for me.

40 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I had the entire US CL/CA line(s) to tier 10. The point is that how I use the Research Tokens is up to me and I choose to use them to buy Free XP. Next season I may save them.

37 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yeah there is no way that I spending my RB points on FXP.  I am EARNING FXP during regrinds, but that's just a passive thing along the way.  The goal is only the ship as far as I am concerned.

I look at the FXP thing as a currency dump.  We have had them in the past in many events.  You got all the things you could but you have some left, instead of losing it, you get at least "something" for it.  Some flags or whatever.

I think the FXP exchange is that currency dump, if you have enough left over from several regrinds and are not doing the RB again in the future.

That is your choice and I am earning Free XP from all 187 ships I have. The RB will be in place for a few seasons and I do plan doing the RB again and hopefully with another line or two completed.

36 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Oh, I see why it's offered as an option.  I don't see using it this early in the game.

Yes it is an option (a choice) and I choose to use it.

21 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

I can't see doing it for any other reason than buying the RB ships?   Unless you really have some kind of wood for a FXP ship, it seems pointless?   

Those RB ships will likely be in Santa Boxes later on. I might stack some wood for the Playmate of the Year and I will use MY Free XP any way I choose.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Members
9,835 posts
4,329 battles
6 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

how I use the Research Tokens is up to me and I choose to use them to buy Free XP. Next season I may save them.

No argument there.  I'm asking why you did it that way.  Santa crates makes a little sense...

And I also asked if that wasn't two resets since you now have two sets of T6-10 ships to earn RP on.  Did you reset the CL line while the T2-5 ships were gone from the CA reset? (or vice versa).  Or did they make you research them first, so that the line was complete on the CL reset?

Edited by iDuckman

[-TKS-]
Members
608 posts
9,408 battles

that RB to fxp conversion seem way off to me specially if you run premium.  (if you dont it may be better i guess) 

on tier 8 of my third lap to the DM also did the Worcester with the fxp earned from them i fxp /play up the  haragumo . 

Have to say the lower tiers absolutely suck cause of carriers and can see why new players would get discouraged . facing 4 /6 cv in a omaha /phoenix is brutal cant imagine in a BB.   

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[INTEL]
Members
10,531 posts
29,475 battles

I think the key to a line reset is to reset a line you like playing at T8. T6 and T7 you can almost always do in Operations, but T8 probably has to be ground some in Randoms, and of course, you will be constantly uptiered to T10. Edinburgh might have been able to hold her own two years ago when I played it last, but now she is hopelessly outclassed because of constantly facing T10s, especially in this new meta with BrokeLinks everywhere.

I think the next line I will reset will be the French BBs, a very strong line in which all T6-10 BBs are solid and fun to play.. The Richeliu is fine at T8.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
6,648 posts
16,758 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

No argument there.  I'm asking why you did it that way.  Santa crates makes a little sense...

And I also asked if that wasn't two resets since you now have two sets of T6-10 ships to earn RP on.  Did you reset the CL line while the T2-5 ships were gone from the CA reset? (or vice versa).  Or did they make you research them first, so that the line was complete on the CL reset?

I had the CL/CA line active from the Omaha through both tier 10s. I reset the whole line which includes the split. My Free XP rebuild the line to the tier 6 Dallas and the tier 7 New Orleans. So far I have earned 1500 Research Tokens from the 2 tier 6s and the tier 7.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,643 posts
15,180 battles

Either you're explaining what you're doing weirdly, or you just did the XP equivalent of buying a $20 gift card for $50.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[SALVO]
Members
21,376 posts
21,652 battles
16 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I think the key to a line reset is to reset a line you like playing at T8. T6 and T7 you can almost always do in Operations, but T8 probably has to be ground some in Randoms, and of course, you will be constantly uptiered to T10. Edinburgh might have been able to hold her own two years ago when I played it last, but now she is hopelessly outclassed because of constantly facing T10s, especially in this new meta with BrokeLinks everywhere.

I think the next line I will reset will be the French BBs, a very strong line in which all T6-10 BBs are solid and fun to play.. The Richeliu is fine at T8.

There's some logic there, but in all honesty, I find constant grinding in Ops to be rather boring.  This isn't a dig on Operations.  I regularly play them, but not back to back to back to back ad infinitum.  Maybe WG would change up how they decide what operation is played at any given instant, it'd be less boring. 

For example, maybe this week could be a random tier 6 operation, and the following week could be a random tier 7 operation (except that there's only 1 tier 7 operation available at the moment).  Also, this idea wouldn't work very well with limitations on nation or ship type.

Another way to randomize thing would be to change the operations rotation from a weekly rotation to a daily rotation. This wouldn't require any change to national or ship type limitations, since you'd know what the Op of the day was.

[VETSN]
Members
588 posts
5,180 battles
23 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Either you're explaining what you're doing weirdly, or you just did the XP equivalent of buying a $20 gift card for $50.

^^ This ^^  if you were just in search of free XP, then why spend it to speed up the line, then buy free XP with it? You’re a dog chasing your own tail.  

• Cool 1

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,706 posts
3,448 battles

I reset US DD line, FXP'd to Farrag for ranked, made back all the FXP and then some, and got Mahan.  Have yet to play it for benson, too much going on.  I'd have to agree that wasting the points on FXP is the most backwards thing you can do, especially if you're using it to research ships you just took a massive loss on.

If you're keen on that type of stuff, I've got an investment for you where $10k only pays you back $3k -- it's a great deal.

Edited by NoSoMo

[SOFOP]
Members
1,183 posts
8,451 battles

As people above said.....you are spending free xp to get tokens faster, all so that you can buy more free xp with said tokens?

Unless your goal is to flush free xp and credits down the drain, I am not certain why you would do this.  You'll never come out ahead I don't think.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
6,648 posts
16,758 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

What?

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
6,648 posts
16,758 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

As people above said.....you are spending free xp to get tokens faster, all so that you can buy more free xp with said tokens?

Unless your goal is to flush free xp and credits down the drain, I am not certain why you would do this.  You'll never come out ahead I don't think.

Well as far as I am concerned that is my business and mine alone.

[USCC]
Members
2,405 posts
10,480 battles
12 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

But I don't think that's what he's been doing, If he actually grinds out each ship in the line (plays enough to unlock the next ship in line) then he's always going to be ahead, no FXP need to be used at all.
So when he cashes in those RB tokens, he's only gaining FXP, there is no loss. 

[808]
Supertester
361 posts
5,943 battles
21 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Well as far as I am concerned that is my business and mine alone.

Stoopid is as stoopid does I guess your proof...

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
6,648 posts
16,758 battles
14 minutes ago, Theodin said:

Stoopid is as stoopid does I guess your proof...

Poor spelling! 

What evidence do you have to support that assertion?

Most likely none at all. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,510 posts
15,500 battles
3 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Be bored all you want Knuckleheads! 

Using Research Tokens for free exp?

Isn't that counter productive?

One word of advice:

Do not reset a battleship line. Too expensive exp wise and a slow grind.