Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
paradat

US BB California doubloons price

68 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,367
[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,499 posts
7,178 battles

This is looking like a must buy for me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
294
[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,905 battles
11 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Hmm, might ding the chances of California being the Christmas ship, drats. :cap_happy:

The holiday ship is usually for sale, though I can't recall if for doubloons, if that is what you are suggesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,857
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,912 battles

Who at WG thought New Mexico But A Different Name was competitive with tier 9?

Tennessee class are T6, tops.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,351
[EQRN]
Members
2,303 posts
21,513 battles
3 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

The holiday ship is usually for sale, though I can't recall if for doubloons, if that is what you are suggesting.

Yes they have been for sale, but for real money, not doubloons, hence my expectation that it won’t be the Christmas ship.  I haven’t been a fan of the DoY or PEF, I mean they’re *OK*, I just want a Christmas ship I would normally buy outside the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,716
[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles
8 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

The holiday ship is usually for sale,

Usually in the shop, with a bundle, and with bonus fast-track missions that enable you to complete the mission that wins her (and potentially get the value of the ship back in doubloons). Mind you, a datamine that reveals her equivalent doubloon value is not the same as saying she'll be for doubloons.

3 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Don't have a T7 USN BB because I could not stand Colorado.

Could you stand New Mexico? Because IIRC, that's what California is - T7 New Mex with a more modern secondary/AA fit. But I do not think they are full-on Massachusetts brawling secondaries, so you might want to keep your wallet in your pocket for a bit until more is known or unless you decide that's not a critical thing.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841
[USN]
Members
1,757 posts
22,029 battles
2 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

The holiday ship is usually for sale, though I can't recall if for doubloons, if that is what you are suggesting.

eventually the Christmas ship can be available in the tech tree for doubloons, Emden, Graf Spee, and Duke of York have been available in the tech tree. Only Christmas ship that has not been available in the tech tree at any point is Prinz Eitel Fredrich. 

Although it is worth pointing out that every ship that has been made available in the premium shop has a doubloons value to it, so the fact that California is 9500 doubloons only means that if you buy/earn California and you get it again, whether it be a supercontainer or Christmas reward, you will get 9500 doubloons instead of the ship again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[VAS]
Members
4 posts
9,628 battles
17 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Don't have a T7 USN BB because I could not stand Colorado. Might take a look at this....depends on the price...

I would tend to agree with you. But the increases seen in California's AA defenses go most of the way towards justifying the uptier in my opinion. I would still like to see her get some increase in effectiveness of her secondary battery over the New Mexico since California has the Dual mounts of Mk. 38 5in/45 guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,294
[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
8 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Don't have a T7 USN BB because I could not stand Colorado. Might take a look at this....depends on the price...

Poor Colorado, always so put upon.

Why is it all everyone seems to see is slow speed, low AA and few guns, and not what the guns can do...

Maybe Colorado and the tree Gniesenau are drinking buddies at the Bunker Oil Bar.

Perhaps Bayern joins them occasionally, though I wonder if they’d welcome Georgia or not...

8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Could you stand New Mexico?

Because IIRC, that's what California is - T7 New Mex with a more modern secondary/AA fit. But I do not think they are full-on Massachusetts brawling secondaries, so you might want to keep your wallet in your pocket for a bit until more is known or unless you decide that's not a critical thing.

Admiral Pye’s flagship at Pearl Harbor, Battle Force, on December 7th. Though in her pre-war configuration, and not what this version seems to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,885
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,418 battles

Heyo Everyone!

My my my, what an eager bunch you all are. 

I would take everything on the internet with a grain of salt unless it comes from an official source.

We have not released information about when, how, or the cost of the California for release at this time.

I'm not sure how this number was obtained however, please refer to the point above :)

Fem, 

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,886
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,878 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How reliable is the source?

They have been very good so far. Usually significantly ahead of the usual info release. Not sure how they do it. 

Having said that yeah do not make plans based on the info Always wait for an official announcement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,716
[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How reliable is the source?

 

5 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

We have not released information about when, how, or the cost of the California for release at this time.

I'm not sure how this number was obtained

Despite what @paradat has just said, I would argue that my suspicions are at least semi-confirmed.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,886
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,878 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Everyone!

My my my, what an eager bunch you all are. 

I would take everything on the internet with a grain of salt unless it comes from an official source.

We have not released information about when, how, or the cost of the California for release at this time.

I'm not sure how this number was obtained however, please refer to the point above :)

Fem, 

Excellent point and good advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,685
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,277 posts
22,562 battles

Every premium ship except for purely FXP ones have a doubloon cost. Even those never sold for doubloons. California having a doubloon cost means little.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,108
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,670 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Why is it all everyone seems to see is slow speed, low AA and few guns, and not what the guns can do...

I loved Colorado, and enjoyed my matches in her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,886
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,878 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

Every premium ship except for purely FXP ones have a doubloon cost. Even those never sold for doubloons. California having a doubloon cost means little.

True, I do believe the blog is not just claiming the cost but also the currency. Would be consistent with all of the previous ship posts they have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,504
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles
2 hours ago, turdjelly said:

If only it had Arnold as the captain.

Tom Arnold ??  That would be a hoot.  Or do you mean the Governator?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×