You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Saxon29

stupid question maybe!!

11 comments in this topic

[1CVDV]
Members
284 posts
12,799 battles

what is the aircraft in red circle with distance underneath represent?i know what inbound aircraft are but this has me slightly puzzled?please inform...thanks saxon29

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,227 posts
6,204 battles

816835530_2019-09-10(2).png.d3f4c0f1b5530731d16e163838c836f3.png

You mean this? That is a CVs fighter squadron. The CV has a consumable they can use to call a fighter squadron to patrol the area. They can occasionally help spot, and they help defend against attacking aircraft

[1CVDV]
Members
284 posts
12,799 battles

it is a red circle just like the one your indicating but it has an aircraft/fighter inside and right underneath it has I believe how far out it is.im with you on cv consumable deal,mind you I am not a cv player.they will appear at at random then disappear.the one im seeing shows a plane inside circle tho...

[1CVDV]
Members
284 posts
12,799 battles

basically its a fighter being used as spotting aircraft by cv skipper discression...correct..

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Red circle means an enemy fighter has been dropped there and it will attack any plane from your team that flies into that circle. A green circle means your teams CV dropped a fighter which will do the same as the red fighter and attack all enemy planes that fly into it. They don't last long, 60 seconds or when the ammunition is consumed which doesn't take very long.

[GWG]
Members
7,779 posts
14,942 battles

Actually it's a squad of fighters dropped.  Usually, there are 5 planes in this squad.  The ship launched fighter squads don't show up that way, but I wish they did.

Playing against bot CV ops who send out ONE torpedo plane  -- that drops a full squad of fighters I need to go around..  (Yeah, it's a game..  I know)

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,887 posts
24,766 battles

You question is not stupid if you don't play tier6 and up carriers.

What's stupid is those carrier players who don't drop a fighter over their 1 ship being constantly attacked to death by enemy cv....

• Cool 1

[1CVDV]
Members
284 posts
12,799 battles

THANK YOU TOO ALL:I NOW KNOW WHAT THAT IS,I DID FORGET TO MENTION IVE SEEN IT IN GREEN AS WELL.BUT NOT HAVING ANY CV'S IN MY PORT HAD NO CLUE...SO NEXT TIME I SEE IT I WILL GLADLY SAIL MY CLEVELAND INTO HARMS WAY.....SO LONG FIGHTER...LOL

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,393 battles

The only question that is stupid is the one not asked!

As others have mentioned, it is a consumable plane dropped by an aircraft squadron which lasts ~60 seconds and will patrol the space from enemy aircraft.

If an enemy aircraft enters the circle, the plane will chase down and attempt to take down the enemy squadron. They can also be used to spot a location for their duration of flight.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[COOP2]
Members
406 posts
10,586 battles
23 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

The ship launched fighter squads don't show up that way, but I wish they did.

Good idea. You can see the symbol for the fighter circling the ship but it would be helpful if there was a circle there as well, at least on the friendly side. This way you know where your team's fighter cover is no matter who launched it.

• Cool 1