Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

Quick Cut: Tier VI Premium Italian Cruiser Duca d'Aosta (Ranked Sprint Gameplay)

5 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,728 posts
13,944 battles

We know that the full Italian cruiser line is on the way, but what about the ones already in the game?  In this Ranked sprint battle, we take Tier VI Premium Duca d'Aosta for a spin and highlight some of her strengths and weaknesses.

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,686 battles

The issue for both Italian cruisers currently in game is that their weakness effectively cancel out their strengths for most players. Personally, I like both of them and do well in them, and with the right skills and modules, those guns can lay on some raw damage hurt. You have to stay on the move and be very, very aware of what's looking at you, because they disappear in a blink otherwise.

0 posts
28 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

The issue for both Italian cruisers currently in game is that their weakness effectively cancel out their strengths for most players. Personally, I like both of them and do well in them, and with the right skills and modules, those guns can lay on some raw damage hurt. You have to stay on the move and be very, very aware of what's looking at you, because they disappear in a blink otherwise.

well, both are quite overpowering in the hands of a player with a 19 pts captain and the right captain perk selection.

while any CL showing its broadside to the enemy deserves to get deleted, Aosta is no exception to this.

Spoiler

secret strength of Aosta (and Abruzzi), her bum!  Keep your stern facing the enemy and tank away.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,728 posts
13,944 battles
6 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

For me, you've just described most light cruisers - certainly most mid-tier light cruisers - in a nutshell. =)  With that said, d'Aosta and Abruzzi have earned an undeserved reputation as being bad or mediocre.  I find them to be quite solid.

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,686 battles
44 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

For me, you've just described most light cruisers - certainly most mid-tier light cruisers - in a nutshell. =)  With that said, d'Aosta and Abruzzi have earned an undeserved reputation as being bad or mediocre.  I find them to be quite solid.

Granted, however, the weak HE performance and low gun range of the Italians tends to leave them on the weaker side of the light cruisers. Most players really don't understand how to play a light cruiser, and they also fail to understand that every ship is different, and has to be played differently. I've seen people play CLs like they were DD's and BB's. It's...soul crushing...

But, like I said, i enjoy both the Dukes.

Sign in to follow this