You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FullMetal_Inferno

Is the Błyskawica competitive?

15 comments in this topic

Members
358 posts
5,926 battles

I was thinking about getting one with a friend, but I would like some opinions from those who have helmed her or seen her in combat. LWM's review on this ship is outdated in that it was reviewed at a time where stealth-firing could be achieved in game. On paper, I would say she looks promising. In practice, I have had very little experience playing against them.

So far I've completed the USN DD tree and I'm at tier V with the KM DD tree, and I enjoy the versatility of both lines greatly. I enjoy being an active screener for my team and playing adaptively. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :Smile_coin:

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles

She is not much of a captain trainer and it takes a long time to build her captain up. She is a fairly good DD but there are better ships you can buy, her selling point was blind fire and now she can perform, but I think she is just mediocre, mostly because it was just her, for so long. Now she at least has the Friesland to keep her company. If you want her strictly for fun she is alright.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,804 posts
21,723 battles

Still fun and can still do work, though she did get powercreeped. Now that Friesland is in the game she can be used as captain trainer, even though they don't have 100% skill overlap.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
13,661 battles

My recommendations is to play through one line of the Soviet branch and then get the ship. 6.8 km detection with full stealth build can be a little jarring at first. The guns make it difficult if you can not aim at super structure or soft spots on hard targets. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,224 posts
591 battles

I got this ship when it first came out... when invisi-fire was great...
I also for some reason decided to get a second capt training...Now that Friesland is here I am glad I did that.... I can now respect one 19PT captain to make the Fries work like Notser showed me   
But yes this ship is STILL a good ship.. just not a great one like it was..

• Cool 1

Members
358 posts
5,926 battles
2 hours ago, Condor_Legion said:

My recommendations is to play through one line of the Soviet branch and then get the ship. 6.8 km detection with full stealth build can be a little jarring at first. The guns make it difficult if you can not aim at super structure or soft spots on hard targets. 

I actually won the Leningrad in a supercontainer and I had a blast with her. Sounds like the best way to Błyskawica is to go for a gun-oriented build and play gunboat?

[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
On 9/9/2019 at 5:06 PM, FullMetal_Inferno said:

I actually won the Leningrad in a supercontainer and I had a blast with her. Sounds like the best way to Błyskawica is to go for a gun-oriented build and play gunboat?

I have leningrad and blyskawica, both play the same style but leningrad capt. You put ifhe and blyskawica you put DE because of the caliber of shells... Leningrad will do slightly more damage because of this on average. Both are fun but mostly random stompers. For competitive haida and z-39 are the strongest... Just depends on what you want. 

Members
935 posts
1,351 battles

I tried her after the buff. Not anything exaggerate but noticeable.

It was never a bad ship, good guns, and a lot of them, and 8km torps.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

I accidentally hit random instead of coop ( usually use it for my first match in coop as I am grinding  captain for fries/blysk) and still did this in t9 match.  lol.      only played 8x in random, but doing really well with it.    very strong t7 DD.

shot-20.01.28_17.38.34-0734.jpg

shot-20.01.28_17.38.41-0689.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
23 posts
655 battles

After much self-debate, I ended up buying the Blyskawica with coal. So far I've only played a couple of games with it, but I feel like I would have been better keeping the coal and throwing it at the enemy team instead. I do reasonably well with the Japanese destroyers, and quite enjoy the T-62, but I am really struggling with this ship. I suppose this is a case of "Fail until you become great" 😩

[-VT-]
Members
1,258 posts
30,009 battles

Good ship but difficult, the conceal is the issue, you really have to pick your battles.    With other DDs out spotting you by so much don't push out quick until you get support.

You do have good guns, I really like the ship but seems to have suffered allot from power creep