Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Is it still possible to get Gallant from Dunkirk Containers?: PT Experiment

20 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts

Here's how you can help: Spend the 30,000 doubloons on the PT on the 35 coal bundles. Then, buy as many Gallant containers as you can, open them all, screenshot the results, and post them here.

On the Public Test, there were 35 bundles, 32 of which contained 3,000 - 4,500 coal. I used this opportunity as well as the coal I already had on the PT server to purchase 187 Dunkirk Containers. The description (below) says that there is a chance to get the Gallant.

Of the 300 containers, ZERO contained the Gallant. (Thanks to the "Open all containers" feature!)

Is it still possible to get the Gallant from Dunkirk containers purchased in the armory? @turbo07 @Umbaretz @Bualar

I have asked this question before in March 2019, without a definitive reply. I am looking for a conclusive reply.

image.thumb.png.dc503519c1bea5577347a766b01ddf11.png

"If you're lucky enough, you will get British Tier VI destroyer Gallant." Really? Are you honest? It is possible to be "lucky enough?"

Thank you all in advance.

Update: @Umbaretz Informed me that I had purchased 187 Dunkirk containers, not 300. I must not have had that much coal on the PT.

Follow-up (4/23/2020; 0.9.4 PT): I purchased 176 Dunkirk containers. Here's my haul. (Spoiler: 0 Gallants)

image.thumb.png.564b2e32faa17abd75e52bcc93e9e18a.png

Follow-up (5/22/2020; 0.9.5 PT Part 1): Results are from opening 285 Dunkirk containers (was a pain to buy since typing in numbers didn't work so I had to click the "+" 284 times).

image.thumb.png.cf516b63b79f5d65ae9323a8a691d784.png

Follow-up (5/29/2020; 0.9.5 PT Part 2): Results are from opening 170 Dunkirk containers.

image.thumb.png.84f1fef541a99c145093f5b58a764654.png

Follow-up (6/25/2020; 0.9.6 PT Part 2): Results are from opening 326 Dunkirk containers.

image.thumb.png.f6d52fdf2f840b0149b66f8cd58a7be4.png

Follow-up (0.9.7 & 0.9.8 PT Part 1 & Part 2): Results are from opening 684 Dunkirk containers.

image.png

https://imgur.com/a/477GDtm

https://imgur.com/a/EWwxtNa

The above results mean I have opened 1,828 Dunkirk containers without obtaining a single Gallant. (I finally reached 1,000+ containers on 6/25/2020!)

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 4

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

There might be a chance... a 1 in 1000 chance...

Buy 700 more containers and let us know how it goes!! :)

I don't have 1,000,000 coal. You can use the 30,000 free doubloons on the PT to get enough coal bundles for ~80 containers.

Want to help out?

Members
1,973 posts
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

I don't have 1,000,000 coal. You can use the 30,000 free doubloons on the PT to get enough coal bundles for ~80 containers.

Want to help out?

I'll leave that in your capable hands, thanks. I'll pass. :)

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I'll leave that in your capable hands, thanks. I'll pass. :)

I am (and was) serious. See how you inspired me to edit my original post?

17 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Here's how you can help: Spend the 30,000 doubloons on the PT on the 35 coal bundles. Then, buy as many Gallant containers as you can, screenshot the results, and post them here.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,764 posts
7,444 battles

Considering Aigle is in the 40k coal area, I was expecting similar  or a bit worse chances for Gallant. Turns out I was completely wrong. 

....and  to think I even bought a few times containers in bulk to see if anything happens :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
968 posts
3,445 battles

I wonder if it's possible to get a premium ship from anything on the PT.

I'd help out, but I blew my PT coal experimenting with the upgraded modules in the Armory..

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Considering Aigle is in the 40k coal area, I was expecting similar  or a bit worse chances for Gallant. Turns out I was completely wrong. 

....and  to think I even bought a few times containers in bulk to see if anything happens :Smile_sceptic:

You have bought Dunkirk containers hoping for a Gallant?

1 hour ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I wonder if it's possible to get a premium ship from anything on the PT.

I'd help out, but I blew my PT coal experimenting with the upgraded modules in the Armory..

I doubt that WG would tweak the drop chances of the Dunkirk containers from the NA server to the PT server. I do not expect them to be that attentive.

The PT has offered premium ships (for testing) on the PT before. Examples include Lo Yang (win 5 clan battles) and Tirpitz (forgot the conditions). Also, I have got a premium ship from a PT supercontainer before (Dunkerque).

[KWF]
Members
6,764 posts
7,444 battles
7 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

You have bought Dunkirk containers hoping for a Gallant?

Nothing too crazy, at some point I was sitting on top of 300k coal, so I got like 25 containers just to see.

[ARGSY]
Members
26,906 posts
21,662 battles

Until very recently, when they echoed across our accounts to the PTS server, there were no premium ships in PTS. There was a rare exception last Christmas, when they let us play with the Shinonome, and again very recently when they let us play with both her and the new Italian tech-tree cruisers.

I do not think it would be unsafe to say that the chances of winning a premium ship in the PTS have been set to zero. Even if you won one, all progress is wiped and you could not keep it. And even if that were not so, what happens on the PTS is not always reflected on the live server.

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
195 posts
6,315 battles

i dont know if what the chances are if there are any on the PTS but i do know that its near impossible to get on the live server if my clan mates struggle is anything to go by. Hes spent an unknown amount of coal on the dunkirk containers and still has yet to get it. At this point i believe hes vowed to never use the armory again.

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Nothing too crazy, at some point I was sitting on top of 300k coal, so I got like 25 containers just to see.

Good to see you didn't spend too much!

3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Until very recently, when they echoed across our accounts to the PTS server, there were no premium ships in PTS. There was a rare exception last Christmas, when they let us play with the Shinonome, and again very recently when they let us play with both her and the new Italian tech-tree cruisers.

I do not think it would be unsafe to say that the chances of winning a premium ship in the PTS have been set to zero. Even if you won one, all progress is wiped and you could not keep it. And even if that were not so, what happens on the PTS is not always reflected on the live server.

I also remember Lo Yang and Tirpitz being awarded for doing missions on the PTS. I have also gotten Dunkerque from a PT SC.

3 hours ago, GENAlphawolf said:

i dont know if what the chances are if there are any on the PTS but i do know that its near impossible to get on the live server if my clan mates struggle is anything to go by. Hes spent an unknown amount of coal on the dunkirk containers and still has yet to get it. At this point i believe hes vowed to never use the armory again.

I think the chances are actually 0 and the description is messed up... Would be great to see more people buy the Dunkirk crates.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,745 posts
27,716 battles
1 hour ago, henrychenhenry said:

On the topic of Gallant, I actually just got a Gallant rental! Coincidence?

That would be a big coincidence.. BTW thanks for the "experiment", had not thought of doing that on the PTS. Always wondered if it were possible to get the mission for the ship, even bought a crate or two on the Live server when I had huge reserves of coal and got bored. I have the Gallant and was curious if you got the mission for her, if you would get doubloons or credits if you completed it. 

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
24 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

That would be a big coincidence.. BTW thanks for the "experiment", had not thought of doing that on the PTS. Always wondered if it were possible to get the mission for the ship, even bought a crate or two on the Live server when I had huge reserves of coal and got bored. I have the Gallant and was curious if you got the mission for her, if you would get doubloons or credits if you completed it. 

I am happy to help out, and this topic has interested me for a long time.

If you are on the PT, you can try buying Gallant containers as well (remember: additional coal from bundles!). I suspect the chance for a Gallant is 0.0000%.

If you try this, I would greatly appreciate your posting the results. 

Edited by henrychenhenry

Members
273 posts

On 9/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, henrychenhenry said:

Is it still possible to get the Gallant from Dunkirk containers purchased in the armory? @turbo07 @Umbaretz @Bualar

Since it's a container for a very small amount of coal the chance to get Gallant is not very high. However, Dunkirk has Gallant in it and it's possible to get it. 

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
On 9/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, henrychenhenry said:
Spoiler

Here's how you can help: Spend the 30,000 doubloons on the PT on the 35 coal bundles. Then, buy as many Gallant containers as you can, open them all, screenshot the results, and post them here.

On the Public Test, there were 35 bundles, 32 of which contained 3,000 - 4,500 coal. I used this opportunity as well as the 210k coal I already had on the PT server to purchase ~300 Dunkirk Containers. The description (below) says that there is a chance to get the Gallant.

Of the 300 containers, ZERO contained the Gallant. (Thanks to the "Open all containers" feature!)

I have asked this question before in March 2019, without a definitive reply. I am looking for a conclusive reply.

image.thumb.png.dc503519c1bea5577347a766b01ddf11.png

"If you're lucky enough, you will get British Tier VI destroyer Gallant." Really? Are you honest? It is possible to be "lucky enough?"

Thank you all in advance.

I'd like to add.
This containers main value is collectible items, signals and and camouflages, chance to get Gallant is there, but is quite small, and you should consider it as a bonus, not as the shortest and most convenient way to get that destroyer.
Also, I checked your PT account logs, and there may have been an error in your calculations.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
18 hours ago, Bualar said:

Since it's a container for a very small amount of coal the chance to get Gallant is not very high. However, Dunkirk has Gallant in it and it's possible to get it. 

17 hours ago, Umbaretz said:

I'd like to add.
This containers main value is collectible items, signals and and camouflages, chance to get Gallant is there, but is quite small, and you should consider it as a bonus, not as the shortest and most convenient way to get that destroyer.
Also, I checked your PT account logs, and there may have been an error in your calculations.

Thank you both for the replies! I will continue to open Dunkirk containers in future PTs.

I opened 187 Dunkirk containers, not 300 (thanks again, @Umbaretz).

Sign in to follow this