Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimm262

How do you use level bombers?

4 comments in this topic

[BBMOD]
Members
209 posts
4,180 battles

Just started down the RN CV line and I am struggling to get consistent results with the level bombers. At first I tried approaching the target length wise like with dive bombers but found many bombs straddling the target. Now I am approaching from the sides like a torpedo plane but I am having mixed results as well. How does everyone else use them?

Thanks

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Members
173 posts
10 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

Just started down the RN CV line and I am struggling to get consistent results with the level bombers. At first I tried approaching the target length wise like with dive bombers but found many bombs straddling the target. 

That's the correct way to do it. The. Goal is to get the target as centered as possible. 

Couple of things to remember though. You're less trying to cause large damage with the bombs and more trying to set fires. The other is that you're still at the low tiers. Your planes start carrying a lot more bombs as you progress. 

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
151 posts
12,840 battles

My suggestion is to go in at a 15° angle and manually adjust the aim to force either the left or right bombs to hit the target as they drop to avoid the random drop missing the target. Also LEADING the targets by 1/2 a cursor helps a lot.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,477 posts
10,386 battles

Try to see what way they are turning, if they are, and learn about how long it takes the bombs to start impacting. Beyond that you have the right idea, you just have to pray to RNGesus they actually fracking hit anything. I hammered an Alsace that was at times basically parked down his deck with the tier 8 UK CV - 104 bombs dropped, 28 hits. Then add in non pens and all. All told it took 28 bomb hits, 15 rocket hits, 8/11 dropped torpedoes hitting, and 4 uncontrolled fires to finally sink him after hammering away for about 8+ minutes unaided other than damage he had taken earlier (and still  required doing 95k damage to put him down and stay down when he had between 50-80% health when I started attacking him).]

UK CV's kinda still need some work. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this