You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BattleBard149

Finally got my first 19 pt captain!

19 comments in this topic

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

After playing for a little more than a year, doing mostly coop and ranging all over the place, trying everything, getting 5 tier ten ships from the tech trees (Hindenburg, Montana, Worcester, Minotaur, and this just this weekend, Des Moines)... I finally got my first captain to 19! :cap_horn: Fittingly, he is the captain of my first t10, and still one of my favorites cruisers... the Hindenburg.

Johannes Wittenberg - GroBadmiral   :cap_cool:

From what's I've read and heard, the others will come along faster now, due to the free captain experience he accrues. I hope so. Doing mostly coop makes it take a long time...lol.

Just had to share guys....   :Smile-_tongue:

Fair Seas!

Edited by FuBard123
additional information
  • Cool 14

[BB35]
Members
105 posts
19,343 battles

Congratulations!  The first is by far the hardest.   I also look for where I can run the same capt across a couple of premiums.  Georgia and Massachusetts, Jean Bart and Gascogne, Sharnhorst and Tirpitz.  Allows you to double up on the daily bonus plus they all earn decently even in coop.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been running a few of them on premiums here and there when I can, and it really helps. I've  Been running my French BB captain on the Jean Bart too, and that really helps.

[0456]
Members
3,610 posts
9,586 battles

Way to go OP. I notice you have lots of premiums you can play your Hindie commander in. In some cases they may not be perfect matches but still really close... graf spee, Tirpitz, eugen, scharn... 

Run your commander through them all regularly and equip with suitable camo / signals to really boost your elite commander xp!

Edited by _ENO_

Members
273 posts
7,532 battles

The first is by far the hardest. It took me like you around a year or so. Now I have 3 and over 700k elite commander exp. 

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

Thanks all, and thanks for the advice, Eno... I'll be sure and try that out to really boost the captain xp, especially since they are some of my favorite ships that I play a lot anyway.

Fair Seas

Edited by FuBard123
additional information

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
1 hour ago, FuBard123 said:

After playing for a little more than a year, doing mostly coop and ranging all over the place, trying everything, getting 5 tier ten ships from the tech trees (Hindenburg, Montana, Worcester, Minotaur, and this just this weekend, Des Moines)... I finally got my first captain to 19! :cap_horn: Fittingly, he is the captain of my first t10, and still one of my favorites cruisers... the Hindenburg.

From what's I've read and heard, the others will come along faster now, due to the free captain experience he accrues. I hope so. Doing mostly coop makes it take a long time...lol.

Fair Seas!

Gratz. I got my 1st 19pt commander a couple a months ago. My 2nd a couple of weeks ago. My next is almost to 16pts. The elite commander XP does increase quicker. I have 3 different premiums for each 19pt commander to rotate between I try to play both at least 2x per day.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,645 posts

Fair Seas!

:cap_like:

Once you have a 19-pointer you can start collecting elite commander XP and soon other 19-pointers will follow. There is a signal you can use too that increases commander XP earned.

Don't forget that you can throw that 19-pointer into a Premium ship without having to retrain him too.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLFC]
Members
2,875 posts
16,317 battles
2 hours ago, FuBard123 said:

Johannes Wittenberg - GroBadmiral   :cap_cool:...

Congratulations!  My first was also a German captain ... I focused on him first because that line was where I had 2 German premiums to leverage for more Elite Captain XP.  Play him every day and the points will add up.  It took 4 months to get my second 19 pointer also playing mostly Co-Op ... just as an FYI. 

Good luck and enjoy!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,905 battles

Gratz. Always feels special when you get the first one. Now you can farm eliteXP with him, that speeds up the training of every other captain.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
660 posts
10,786 battles

Welcome to the club!

It's not easy getting your first, but it will get easier with each newly minted one in your ranks.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

Thanx all.. I will definitely be farming all the free captain xp that I can on him and others. I appreciate all the good advice.

Fair Seas

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 hours ago, FuBard123 said:

Fair Seas!

Congratulations on your first 19 point captain. :Smile_honoring:

If you can get the Prinz Eugen to pass your Captain between it and your Hindenburg, you can generate a lot of Elite Captain XP. Or doing that kind of thing with other ships to get a captain level up faster helps too. Like for example I used Queen Elizabeth captain and cycled him through QE, Warspite, Hood, Duke of York, and Nelson each day to collect the daily XP bonuses off each ship. And think I was able to get a 19 point captain in a month or 2, of course that was mostly with playing Randoms, but the idea would work in Co-Op as well. Then if you have another ship with 19 point captain they can all contribute to your Elite Captain XP supply.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
847 posts
2,029 battles

Commander XP is really easy to farm in scenarios, if you're interested in playing those. Someone mentioned you have Scharnhorst & Graf Spee, so those would fit right in.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

I've done a few scenarios right after I started playing a year ago.. none went very well...lol. I'd like to try some again though.

[PVE]
Members
552 posts
10,276 battles

I've done a few scenarios right after I started playing a year ago.. none went very well...lol. I'd like to try some again though.

My 19pt captains tend to accumulate at T7, there are some decent combos

helena - atlanta - boise

gneisenau - scharnhorst - graf spee - pef

kgv - hood - nelson - warspite

shchors

ready for cherry blossom to return:

baltimore - indianapolis - arizona

cleveland 

and it all started with sims/dynamo, and I probably will get it its dedicated 19 pt captain again if/when dynamo returns

Edited by evanr1940