You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Quickyscope

Friendly bots keep torpedo-ing me

11 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
201 battles

Sometimes at the beginning of the game as soon as a bot spots a enemy it will fire it's torpedo regards of it's how far the person is. A ship would be across the map and the bot would still try to torpedo it. So the problem is that when the game start and I play like a destroyer and I am close or sailing be side a friendly bot destroyer, I would get torpedo by them. This would suck alot because then I would have barely any HP at the beginning of the round. I wish wargaming would not make friendly bots to torpedo at the start of the round and not torpedo directly at a friendly.

[CK5]
Members
1,373 posts
14,342 battles

Unfortunately, bots are some of the worst TK'ers in the game.  Usually, they just TK each other but occasionally will sink human team mates.  In truth, it does not happen very often.  Cheer up, I keep hearing that the bot AI is being improved so perhaps the problem will take care of itself. 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
826 posts
12,645 battles

Easiest solution, don't get in front of any bot teammates that have torps.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
552 posts
10,276 battles
19 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I keep hearing that the bot AI is being improved so perhaps the problem will take care of itself. 

The bots do better than humans, I get hit by human-fire torpedoes much more frequently than bot-fired ones (when only considering "friendly" team members).

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,210 battles

But can the red bots torp their friends? I'm thinking the are perpetually in the scenario mode where the can't torp each other. If so, why can they torp friendly humans? 

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

report them in a support ticket with replay 

I am not kidding if it is a programming error it needs to be fixed REPORT IT!

• Funny 1

[CRF]
Members
712 posts
7,911 battles
8 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

But can the red bots torp their friends? I'm thinking the are perpetually in the scenario mode where the can't torp each other. If so, why can they torp friendly humans? 

Yup - i have seen red bots torp other red ships - and the ships on the receiving end don't maneuver out of the way even if the torps are fired from a distance....

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Easiest solution, don't get in front of any bot teammates that have torps.

Sadly not a true fix. Bots also have a glitch where they rarely launch their racks in the exact opposite direction.

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,150 battles

Don't worry, the bots will turn pink and if they continue, they will be forced to work off their punishment in COOP...

• Funny 1

[PTRGT]
Members
394 posts
46,175 battles

This week the Team bots have been garbage. I've dodged torps from them, watch them just sail straight in not even shooting back and get killed. Even park next to a enemy bot so you can't shoot at it for getting dinged for friendly fire..

I mentioned this to some of the Wargaming Staff at the HMCS Haida event hoping something can get done

[DBRIS]
Members
627 posts
11,148 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Yes with torps,Yes with broadsides, I just watched a red Mass. nuke a red Fiji. No problem though, he got a disciplinary penalty:)