Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Armkreuz

FLAGS....Geesh

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

99
[O_S_D]
Members
116 posts
11,224 battles

Lets talk flags. Flags are something we do not have the ability to delete. I am not a fan of them because they are all SO crappy. Whether its a little dog or a chicken or a cute little baby chicken or a goldfish. Precious. If you are going to force these things down our throat with no way to delete them, could you at least give us some flags that are not for a 2 year old. MAYBE....just maybe, we could get flags of WW2....You know. Something that goes along with the theme of WW2 ships. Just a suggestion from a grownup.

  • Cool 9
  • Boring 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[YOU]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,926 battles

Grown-ups care about a few flags that are sitting in a tad you actively have to navigate to? The same ones that are with the many more commemorative flags that do fit a certain theme?

 

Ok then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,260
[WOLFC]
Members
2,860 posts

dontgrowup.thumb.jpg.07486acb6daa2341327228ccbf77ad16.jpg

 

At least I can ignore/not mount the flags ... I find the free but garish premium camos worse ...  But, such is life.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205
[0456]
Members
3,596 posts
9,506 battles

Have to admit I don't think in my time here that I've ever heard of someone complaining about not being able to delete the flags since they're tucked away in a corner in a menu that you could (if you wanted to) access 1 time per ship.

It's a pretty stupid problem to have but... hey- have at it. 

Edited by _ENO_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,675
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,470 posts

There are plenty of them that are not those things.  Some of them that I have that are actual naval or history based include:
 

Battle of Midway

Brooklyn Naval Yard

Dunkirk

Flag of Purssia

Port Captain Flag

Malta

The Closed Beta Test flag

US Navy Cruiser Flag

Great Marianas Turkey Shoot

St George Flag

Hill Flag

Czech Riverine Navy

Ironblood

Collector Flag

Port of Hamburg

British Collection

Battle of Jutland

D-Day Flag

Paragraph 11

FNFL

Yamamato Isoroku

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

How about you just not mount them? Tempest in a teapot. :cat_bubble:

And not open that tab.

5 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

When will we be able to mount a Broom on the main Mast periscope?????

 

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[YOU]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,926 battles
37 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

There are plenty of them that are not those things.  Some of them that I have that are actual naval or history based include:
 

Battle of Midway

Brooklyn Naval Yard

Dunkirk

Flag of Purssia

Port Captain Flag

Malta

The Closed Beta Test flag

US Navy Cruiser Flag

Great Marianas Turkey Shoot

St George Flag

Hill Flag

Czech Riverine Navy

Ironblood

Collector Flag

Port of Hamburg

British Collection

Battle of Jutland

D-Day Flag

Paragraph 11

FNFL

Yamamato Isoroku

 

Not including the ones for premium ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,184
[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

 

 

At least I can ignore/not mount the flags ... I find the free but garish premium camos worse ...  But, such is life.

I don't.  Not that I like garish camos, because mostly I don't.  But at least they come with benefits!!!  I honestly despise the look of the Frosty Fir camo (wrong colors for something that "frosty" and "fir"), but I refuse to not use this camo while grinding because its benefits are just too good to ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles

@Armkreuz Please think of something worth complaining about. If you don't like them don't use them and when one is included as a prize for completing a mission or collection don't do the mission and don't turn on that collection.

Or perhaps when you open the flag tab take a black sharpie or pieces of black tape and cover the offending Icons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[O_S_D]
Members
116 posts
11,224 battles

Golly....I'm sorry. I didn't know you fellas were so into your goldfish, puppies and chickens.  He He...I will try to walk a little lighter around those wonderful decorative wind catchers. No offense to our Indian / Native American brethren there either with the wind catcher thingy. OK.

  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,871
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,009 posts
22,560 battles

Honestly I don't care about the vanity flags BUT I would like to delete the stupid looking ones. Maybe sell them for a credit or something as it is annoying to scroll thru the crap to find the ones I like & want to use. 

I wish they would put flags into the game that actually mean something like oh, I don't know, maybe the USN's flag? Maybe some nice historical flags, just anything other than the silly crap that Wargaming seems to think is interesting. The artwork in the game is quite good save for this one area. Whoever is in charge of designing flags or determining which ones are put into the game is clueless and out of touch with the players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
11 hours ago, Armkreuz said:

Lets talk flags. 

Most flags are neither here nor there to me. I mount two flags. One is the two-star cost savings flag from Ranked and the other is the Corgi Pirate flag, which I got for being a Corgi.

image.png.9480d1827cc5b10d4ce4b37f4b54c81c.png

I like your WWII flag idea though.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,192
[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
11 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

How about you just not mount them? Tempest in a teapot. :cat_bubble:

Nope.  Would rather come here and b|tch about a non-issue.

Personally, I like the flags in all their different flavors.  All my ships have one hoisted, relevant to their nation, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,861 battles
11 hours ago, Armkreuz said:

Lets talk flags. Flags are something we do not have the ability to delete. I am not a fan of them because they are all SO crappy. Whether its a little dog or a chicken or a cute little baby chicken or a goldfish. Precious. If you are going to force these things down our throat with no way to delete them, could you at least give us some flags that are not for a 2 year old. MAYBE....just maybe, we could get flags of WW2....You know. Something that goes along with the theme of WW2 ships. Just a suggestion from a grownup.

Awwwww Come ON - You don't like the the Kitty Purrfurst flag??? 

I put it on the Graf Zeppelin with the LilGoldFish OG captain - like the were made for each other and Purrfurst even sounds German = Perfect!

Try to have a sense of humor … even the pedo anime things can be turned into something useful most times as long as nobody's watching :)

 

This is basically a stupid arcade game when you get down to it - as grown ups, we probably shouldn't even be playing it lol 

Lighten up 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Most flags are neither here nor there to me. I mount two flags. One is the two-star cost savings flag from Ranked and the other is the Corgi Pirate flag, which I got for being a Corgi.

image.png.9480d1827cc5b10d4ce4b37f4b54c81c.png

I like your WWII flag idea though.

I fly the Alpha flag and on those ships that can have a second flag the Corgi Fleet II aka the Corgi Pirate flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,861 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I fly the Alpha flag and on those ships that can have a second flag the Corgi Fleet II aka the Corgi Pirate flag.

Any option or avenue that allows for a little choice and freedom of expression is fine by me … as long as there are some decent choices among them

10 hours ago, Crucis said:

I don't.  Not that I like garish camos, because mostly I don't.  But at least they come with benefits!!!  I honestly despise the look of the Frosty Fir camo (wrong colors for something that "frosty" and "fir"), but I refuse to not use this camo while grinding because its benefits are just too good to ignore.

But yeah, certain camos actually can ruin a ship for me - I try to view it as artistic license and accept the graphic artist's point of view without throwing up … 

failing that I just zoom out - problem solved

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Any option or avenue that allows for a little choice and freedom of expression is fine by me … as long as there are some decent choices 

But yeah, certain camos actually can ruin a ship for me - I try to view it as artistic license and accept the graphic artist's point of view without throwing up … 

failing that I just zoom out - problem solved

I prefer the historical or historical style camouflages Dazzle is my favorite but will use the insanely bright camouflages if I have no other avenue to get the bonuses I want.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,861 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I prefer the historical or historical style camouflages Dazzle is my favorite but will use the insanely bright camouflages if I have no other avenue to get the bonuses I want.

Well that's the point isn't it - we each have our preferences … 

Unless it's anime … then I am secretly fascinated while being disgusted at the same time :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[O_S_D]
Members
116 posts
11,224 battles
On 8/31/2019 at 11:23 PM, Commander_367 said:

Awwwww Come ON - You don't like the the Kitty Purrfurst flag??? 

I put it on the Graf Zeppelin with the LilGoldFish OG captain - like the were made for each other and Purrfurst even sounds German = Perfect!

Try to have a sense of humor … even the pedo anime things can be turned into something useful most times as long as nobody's watching :)

 

This is basically a stupid arcade game when you get down to it - as grown ups, we probably shouldn't even be playing it lol 

Lighten up 

Ahhhh...What to do....What to do....Yea....Guess grownups should NEVER play games....What to do.....What should we do with all of these dang ole dang ole CASINOS? 

Edited by Armkreuz
SP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,429
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,088 posts
18,898 battles
On 8/31/2019 at 7:41 PM, Burnsy said:

There are plenty of them that are not those things.  Some of them that I have that are actual naval or history based include:

How dare you bring reason and fact into an entitled rant.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,861 battles
2 minutes ago, Armkreuz said:

Ahhhh...What to do....What to do....Yea....Guess grownups should NEVER play games....What to do.....What should we do with all of these dang ole dang ole CASINOES? 

Plenty of ways to waste your money … none of them good :)

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×