Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Implacable first impression

9 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,878 posts
11,159 battles

Okay, I got the Implacable yesterday. my impression of her vs the USN Tech tree T8 CV the Lexington.

I took her straight to Co-op for her shake down cruise. My take away from this is.

Rockets - very good, good for DD hunting. Farms more damage than Lexington with fire.

Level bombs - very good, can carpet bomb ships for lots of damage. Like dropping napalm.

Torpedos - very weak, weaker than Lexington. More like torpedo armed spotter planes. Their super power is they are so slow they can loiter around without flying out of visual spotting range without having to turn back a lot. They can turn on a dime. Could deliver a kill shot on a BB or cruiser that had limped away from a engagement with a fraction of health, but still alive. Maybe if it's AA has pretty much been knocked out by previous damage.

Slower repair re-arm time than Lexington.

Any other Implacable captains out there like to give their thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,296 posts
21,915 battles

Tough ship to play when uptiered, a little worse than the other T8 tech tree CVs, and a lot worse than the 4 premiums. You have to pick and chose what you attack with care, even when top tier. I played her in randoms just long enough to get Audacious, and she sees mostly co-op duty at this point. And she has a 19-point captain that awaits either Ark Royal or Indomitable.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,675 posts
20,672 battles

Only carrier I was ever openly thanked in chat for playing.

Spotting, fighter consumable dropping, and slowly picking a Bismarck to death that went off on its own, in what was essentially a Tier 10 game on EpiTears.

An otherwise unsatisfactory game until that happened.

Agree about the tight turning torpies, but not the carpet bombing. Too many pretty splashes, too few hits.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,477 posts
10,386 battles

Maybe for Co-op she works against relatively brainless bots. Vs real players... she needs a good bit of work. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,878 posts
11,159 battles

Okay update, I am ready for the Audacious, anybody have it with experience? Between it and the Implacable? Is it worth grinding for? 

Thanks!

Members
101 posts
10,529 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Okay update, I am ready for the Audacious, anybody have it with experience? Between it and the Implacable? Is it worth grinding for? 

Thanks!

Definitely. Audacious is an improvement in every way. Every plane is more potent, has better hp, and squadrons are larger. So you hit harder and can take on t10 ships easily, whereas t10:games in Implacable were a bit more challenging.  I liked Implacable but love Audacious. 

• Cool 1

[1KR]
Members
43 posts
12,431 battles

level bombers useless against Russian battleships, nothing but non penetrations

[1KR]
Members
43 posts
12,431 battles

I can do more damage with a  tier6 IJN CV vs 8s then a UK CV @tier8 vs 8s

• Cool 1