Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rustyhole

Operations are not returning.

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

622
[O_O]
Members
673 posts

I have seen quite a few posts pop up lately asking about new operations or old operations returning.  Well here is your answer from Sub himself.  It is time we stopped kidding ourselves: we are not getting the old operations back, and the only new operations we will see from now on are Halloween or other events.  With RB introduced, WG has zero reason to rework the removed operations.  Why would they give players more operations to farm FXP and Credits to help their RB grinds?  I really hope people did not buy ships like Montpelier or Bayard assuming Cherry Blossom would return.  RIP our dead operations, and be sure to cherish operations we still have...for now.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,176 battles

I saw this and thought it was most unfortunate. See, access to operations like this would be something I'd be willing to pay for as an add-on, as it seems more satisfying than "buying" a pixelbote that is either indistinguishable from a tech tree one, or has been subjected to so many gimmicks that it's no longer very realistic.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[ADOPT]
Members
1,271 posts
8,272 battles

I had not played a lot of operations but regret it now.

Played quite a bit of new operations though, hope that they last atleast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,895
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,601 battles
1 minute ago, FineousFingers said:

Maybe. They did bring back Raptor Rescue after a long absence. 

 

Yeah, but it's the one I cared the last about of the ones they removed... where are Cherry Blossom and Dynamo?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,316
[WOOK3]
Members
4,212 posts
3,235 battles

This is indeed unfortunate. I would much rather do Cherry Blossom than have anything to do with the RB. Time to reconsider viability of the game

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
894 posts
3,947 battles

I can imagine that operations are not profitable from a business prospective if WGing is avoiding any possible monetary shortcuts (other than those they intended) to RB grinding as part of profitability.  It would be simple to require RB grinding be accomplished in random or co-op only, but that might also cause a major fuss.  I'd be willing to bet the effort and programming hours for operations are no longer sustainable as they do not lead to the income they once had.  Sad but that's my gut feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,506
[HINON]
Members
13,234 posts

 O noes the sky is falling!

zpmKkUd.gif

 

 

Seriously, just periodically remind them of our interest in these and hopefully they will be added in the near future. This is not the end of the world.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,252
[SPTR]
Members
27,141 posts
16,341 battles

RIP the operations that used to be in the game before the CV rework what a sad day /T_\\

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,951
[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
3 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

RIP the operations that used to be in the game before the CV rework what a sad day /T_\\

Maybe it’s because they arffed up carriers so much their cost/return spreadsheets require reductions in expenses, and Ops are the easiest victim to slice the funds out of. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,012
[4HIM]
Members
3,013 posts
12,518 battles

They "don't want to spread their resources too thin", yet they have plenty of resources to make sure we get another cartoonish Halloween event.  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
36 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

I have seen quite a few posts pop up lately asking about new operations or old operations returning.  Well here is your answer from Sub himself.  It is time we stopped kidding ourselves: we are not getting the old operations back, and the only new operations we will see from now on are Halloween or other events.  With RB introduced, WG has zero reason to rework the removed operations.  Why would they give players more operations to farm FXP and Credits to help their RB grinds?  I really hope people did not buy ships like Montpelier or Bayard assuming Cherry Blossom would return.  RIP our dead operations, and be sure to cherish operations we still have...for now.

This doesn't mean they are not working on them at all only that their main focus is PvP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,940
[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,433 battles

I have a feeling that it is more about losing Random players to Operations, so then WG feels like they have to work on Randoms, because it was intended to be the mainstay of WOWs. Not working on the Operations will lose them a lot of my playing time, the same few scenarios are getting boring (I get almost no play time in when Newport is the Operation) and Co op doesn't pay enough, for the time that I put in. I am hoping the new auto pilot rework, changes Newport Station for the better. I might actually play it then. I think WG is making a big mistake by not working on operations, which is growing a bigger and bigger fan base, WGs claim to fame though, is not listening to the players, I might have to change my User name to Fading_Fast_Dawg.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,461
[TARK]
Members
6,485 posts
2,491 battles
18 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

They "don't want to spread their resources too thin", yet they have plenty of resources to make sure we get another cartoonish Halloween event.  

They claim they have problems making new content...

...then make statements like the above.

Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
776
[LOU1]
Members
4,157 posts
11,965 battles
56 minutes ago, pikohan said:

 

Yeah, but it's the one I cared the last about of the ones they removed... where are Cherry Blossom and Dynamo?

Dynamo was tied to the Dunkirk event.  Personally, I have not expected to see that farming fest again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
667
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,893 posts
45,055 battles

This just gave me a reason to use the free commander reset to reset my Cleveland and Baltimore captains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,184
[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
38 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I wonder if Cherry Blossom not making it back is that the are aware that it was pure farming event, by far the easiest to 5-star. 

I think that it's more that it was an op that relied pretty heavily on bot aircraft.  And so far in coop, bot CV planes have been dumb as stumps.  So, the bot AI may not really be good to go for these ops.  

29 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

They "don't want to spread their resources too thin", yet they have plenty of resources to make sure we get another cartoonish Halloween event.  

I was thinking the exact same thing, Zardoz.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,184
[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
14 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have a feeling that it is more about losing Random players to Operations, so then WG feels like they have to work on Randoms, because it was intended to be the mainstay of WOWs. Not working on the Operations will lose them a lot of my playing time, the same few scenarios are getting boring (I get almost no play time in when Newport is the Operation) and Co op doesn't pay enough, for the time that I put in. I am hoping the new auto pilot rework, changes Newport Station for the better. I might actually play it then. I think WG is making a big mistake by not working on operations, which is growing a bigger and bigger fan base, WGs claim to fame though, is not listening to the players, I might have to change my User name to Fading_Fast_Dawg.

I wish that they'd change the Operations rotation from being a weekly rotation to maybe a daily or every other day one.  It bites when you get Newport Station, because you're stuck with it for an entire week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,666
[PVE]
Members
6,117 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Rustyhole said:
It is time we stopped kidding ourselves: we are not getting the old operations back, and the only new operations we will see from now on are Halloween or other events.

I don't see anything from Sub saying there will be "new...Halloween or other events"...which probably means there will just be the same ones from before repeated.

But what I do see is the word "backlogged"...which means we ARE getting the old operations back...just not SOONtm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[-V1-]
Beta Testers
180 posts
7,754 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe it’s because they arffed up carriers so much their cost/return spreadsheets require reductions in expenses, and Ops are the easiest victim to slice the funds out of. 

yea i have to agree cv's are still a joke to most. I only play them in ops and them possibly cutting ops development wouldn't surprise me they messed up bad and now we have subs looming on the horizon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,932
[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
2 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

It is time we stopped kidding ourselves: we are not getting the old operations back, and the only new operations we will see from now on are Halloween or other events.

This is not what he said, and you know it's not what he said.

  • Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
622
[O_O]
Members
673 posts
1 hour ago, Rolkatsuki said:

the CV rework 

The gift that keeps on giving.

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

This doesn't mean they are not working on them at all only that their main focus is PvP.

Of course not, but recently I have been assuming the worst when presented with new information.  Realistically, we might get one or two back within the next three hundred and sixty five days.

1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

This just gave me a reason to use the free commander reset to reset my Cleveland and Baltimore captains.

Same, RIP double rudder Baltimore damn that was fun.  Mahan/Sims Dynamo captain was also taken out back and reset.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They claim they have problems making new content...

...then make statements like the above.

Sad.

The only content they are interested in is what goes in the shop.  I was fine throughout the rework but I have to draw a line somewhere.  Yeah it seems silly making a fuss over operations, but I liked them a lot.  Oh well, I'll be free to play from here on.

22 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

which means we ARE getting the old operations back...just not SOONtm.

This could mean a year, or a decade.  For now I am going to assume they won't be back, and if I'm wrong, I will be even happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
622
[O_O]
Members
673 posts
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

and you know it's not what he said.

I have lost a lot of faith in WG this past year, why wouldn't I assume the worst when presented with new information?  Why would Wargaming work on any of the dead operations when they have new ships, submarines, and game modes?  It may be foolish, but I am going to hold my assumption that the operations are not coming back.  If I am right I can be smug about it for a day.  But if I am wrong, I will be the happiest captain on these forums.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,668
[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,939 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I wish that they'd change the Operations rotation from being a weekly rotation to maybe a daily or every other day one.  It bites when you get Newport Station, because you're stuck with it for an entire week.

You know we have a large group that does operations regularly, almost daily, usually after 10 PM EST. You'd be very welcome, PM me for an invite to the Ops Discord. @Lightningeris our unofficial leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×