You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
snakegoeshissss

Getting past Rank 10

4 comments in this topic

[SWONR]
Members
6 posts
13,348 battles

Trying to move past Rank 10. Looking for any tips or tricks to push through. Please don't suggest spend more time. I have usually a max of 2 hours to donate outside of my 12 hour a day work schedule. Love to hear what others are doing to stop the star bleeding. 

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,964 battles

A good coupe rules of thumb I use. (ranked out the last 3 seasons)

• Never quit on a win streak. Never. It can be 2 am on a weeknight, doesn't matter. To quit that winstreak is to give up on making progress. Of course that is relative too. Life threatening danger, IRL emergencies, some sleep, etc... But I would argue the limits of your continuation is a measure of your effort. Just play till you lose a game!
  • Follow your gut. All it takes is one team that is just an utter disaster and I'm off. If the motivation is not there, your gameplay won't be there either.
  • If you are playing past 3 consecutive losses, you are doing something very very wrong. Forget your gut...3 losses and I'd be done for the day.
  • The ship you use matters. I would recommend Kita, Jutland, or Black, Any radar cruiser or kiter ship you are very comfortable in, and a Musashi, Jean, Georgia, or Soyuz. Also realize these are not the only choices by any means, but there are some wrong answers. 
  • Think of it objectively. You have your stats hidden, but even playing at a 50% winrate, you are still at a net positive progress because of the starsaves. Its just a matter of time/battles. May be 50 may be 400.
  • Most importantly, relax, and make sure you are playing for fun. The best wins come when you are enjoying it. Honestly, most my progress comes when I am on a midnight winstreak, and am hoping I lose so I have a reason to quit.

Edit: Also, if you don't rank out who gives? Its just a bragging right. Honestly even I question if it is worth the struggle. Rank 1 itself is like 12 bucks max in goodies. I can go spend more than that on fast food! This kinda plays into the importance of playing for enjoyment. Just go and soak up what steel you can and enjoy the 6v6 format. Maybe practice your calling. Even calling the teams strats/pre-battle positioning to yourself might help you learn. I know the vice versa of that helped me in this past season!

Best of luck out there!

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,248 posts
25,088 battles
4 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

A good coupe rules of thumb I use. (ranked out the last 3 seasons)

• Never quit on a win streak.
  •  
  • The ship you use matters. I would recommend Kita, Jutland, or Black, Any radar cruiser or kiter ship you are very comfortable in, and a Musashi, Jean, Georgia, or Soyuz. Also realize these are not the only choices by any means, but there are some wrong answers.
  •  
  • Most importantly, relax, and make sure you are playing for fun. The best wins come when you are enjoying it. Honestly, most my progress comes when I am on a midnight winstreak, and am hoping I lose so I have a reason to quit.

Normally yes; for me though I don’t trust myself past a single win; but then I’m just playing for the season flag, or to gain a few extra stars to start that much higher next season, not to rank out.

Anyone wanting to rank out; best do as 1204 said.

For me the only thing I trust myself to use at rank 9 is Fletcher.

Didn’t encounter any of those you mentioned this year; encountered a Black on the Aegis map last time T9 ran and killed it with torpedoes as it hid in smoke behind a rock.

Started using poor mans Radar this season, and besides good teams, would attribute my wins to using it to push unoccupied flanks, as well as spotting, long torping, and keeping teammates apprised of where they should expect unspotted enemies to be.

Late night Ranked has never worked out for me; most of my wins have come in the early afternoon, before I go to work.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,595 posts
1 hour ago, snakegoeshissss said:

Trying to move past Rank 10. Looking for any tips or tricks to push through. Please don't suggest spend more time. I have usually a max of 2 hours to donate outside of my 12 hour a day work schedule. Love to hear what others are doing to stop the star bleeding. 

When I first started playing Ranked I looked carefully at my stats versus the other players' stats on the team. I also kept track of my position on the team.  It soon became apparent that past Rank 10 I was being carried rather than contributing my share to the team. A couple of times I got to Rank 8 but now I just stop at 10 after I get the cost-saving two-star flag.

Good luck, however, on your endeavors.