Capt_Ahab1776

What are some of your favorite classical music pieces?

21 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,345 posts
12,121 battles

I am a big fan of music and likes that run from new to old, classical to contemporary, of most genres. What are some of your favorite classical pieces?

Here is one to get the thread going. I like pieces that can be relaxing.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,494 posts
16,289 battles

My taste is eclectic. Here are some of my favorite classical pieces.

What many people don't know about this next piece is that it originally has lyrics / vocals:

<Edit> Ok, so, Eclectic, but I favor dramatic pieces it seems.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,067 battles

J. S. Bach ; Handel ; Beethoven ; Ravel ; etc.  I also like medieval so Tellerman .  One of my favorite Bach pieces is 'Jesu joy of man's desire'  especially on guitar . One of the most interesting one's is by Leo Kottke since he plays it on a steel string guitar instead of the usual classical guitar's nylon or gut strings .

Then add Mozart and ... so many others . Lol . My musical interests are the epitome of no taste i.e. I like something of  just about every kind ( my friends sometimes complain when a Raga comes up on my Pandora station when they visit ) .   

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,619 posts
23,984 battles

Many, but to name a few

Tchaikovsky: 1812, Swan Lake

Smetanach: Die Moldau

Bach: Brandenburgische Konzerte, Goldberg Variationen, Toccata und Fuge in D Moll, Violinkonzerte (those are like mathmatics transfered into music, I have a remasterd Yehudi Menuhin CD) IMO he was the biggest musical genius ever

Beethoven: Symphonien, especially 5th and 9th

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
487 posts
16,762 battles

My favorite classical pieces are from the albums Switched on Bach and The Well Tempered Synthesizer but you can't find them on youtube.  From those two albums Handel's Water Music, Suite in G major (HWV 350) is my favorite.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
7,202 posts
16,467 battles

This one is easy, when I want to say "collude with the Russians" or play a Russian ship... This song brings out the spirit of the Mother land with in us.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
798 posts
8,403 battles

Many, too many, years ago a certain girlfriend introduced me to classical music with this, her favorite, piece.

The girl is all but memory but the love for classical music she gave me is still there.

Thank you "D." :-)

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,345 posts
12,121 battles
3 hours ago, freggo said:

Many, too many, years ago a certain girlfriend introduced me to classical music with this, her favorite, piece. 

The girl is all but memory but the love for classical music she gave me is still there.

Thank you "D." :-)

My wife can play the French Horn. When we was married part of the time filler music at our wedding was the theme from Dances With Wolves. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,990 posts
10,940 battles
On 8/27/2019 at 2:01 PM, Slammer58 said:

Pachelbel's Canon for pure nostalgic reasons is probably my favorite. First piece I learned to play on the violin. From my favorite Korean romcom movie. One of my sister's weddings. (Johann Pachelbel is during the Baroque era, but close enough)

I like alot from most the well known composers.

While not defined as Classical Era, I do particularly like this piece. Chopin being influenced by Classical composers and tradition.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.