You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Question About WG ST Rules

19 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

@Femennenly @Gneisenau013

I know Super Testers are not allowed to say much of anything about the ships they are testing, but I was just in a battle in my Gearing and Super Tester was testing the tier X Italian CA. And I got wondering if it has radar or hydro and And was tempted to ask if either were on the ship since with the way our team was deployed on Tears of Desert map and the way Enemy was deployed there was the risk of DD and torpedo attacks. I decided against asking about Hydro or Radar on the test ship and instead made certain to patrol out ahead just in case it lacked hydro or radar.

Now reason I wonder if WG possibly should allow a tester to tell their team they have radar or hydro is because if it’s activated it will show up in auto chat message anyway. And would have been nice to have had my being able to extend a little farther into enemy territory for better torp attacks and not have to hang back about half the distance I would have liked to have travel since I had general idea where enemy DD was lurking. And having that Italian CA test ship taken out would have made that flank a little uncomfortable, not unmanageable, but was not a risk I felt should have been taken given unknown variables I mentioned.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,024 posts
14,281 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And having that Italian CA test ship taken out would have made that flank a little uncomfortable, not unmanageable, but was not a risk I felt should have been taken given unknown variables I mentioned.

Bear in mind that some existing ships can swap their DFAA or radar out for hydro, so you don't know this anyway.

[KWF]
Members
4,365 posts
6,405 battles

As far as I know they are allowed to talk a bit if you ask them. Most will even make a short comment on the ship they drive if you ask politely. At least from my experience meeting some from time to time. 

Edited by warheart1992

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles

Yeah, they amended the nda for testers. They can discuss it and I think even post screenshots with WIP disclaimer, but they cannot stream it or post videos as that is reserved for CCs as that would steal an exclusive content/viewership from ccs

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bear in mind that some existing ships can swap their DFAA or radar out for hydro, so you don't know this anyway.

True but you can still ask what existing ship carries in such a situation. Test ships are completely unknown.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles
42 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I know Super Testers are not allowed to say much of anything about the ships they are testing

That was the old NDA. It was changed a while ago. In the current NDA we are allowed to give details about the ships we are testing on the live server.

ITCA do not get radar in their current incarnation.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles
33 minutes ago, Stalingrad_Museum07 said:

Yeah, they amended the nda for testers. They can discuss it and I think even post screenshots with WIP disclaimer, but they cannot stream it or post videos as that is reserved for CCs as that would steal an exclusive content/viewership from ccs

^

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
Just now, Lert said:

That was the old NDA. It was changed a while ago. In the current NDA we are allowed to give about the ships we are testing on the live server.

Thanks Lert. :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,024 posts
14,281 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Bold for emphasis. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,571 posts
9,758 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

That was the old NDA. It was changed a while ago. In the current NDA we are allowed to give details about the ships we are testing on the live server.

Thanks for chiming in @Lert!

#anchorsaweigh

• Boring 1

Members
829 posts
5,758 battles

The supertesters I see are pretty forthcoming. They may be a bit evasive to blanket question like “Is that Ohio worth the RB grind?” or “how does that ship feel” because the ships are subject to change. But specifics seem perfectly fine.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

The supertesters I see are pretty forthcoming. They may be a bit evasive to blanket question like “Is that Ohio worth the RB grind?” or “how does that ship feel” because the ships are subject to change. But specifics seem perfectly fine.

Plus how a ship “ feels” carry vary depending on play style of a player. Like Graf Spee, RN DDs, and French DDs are not exactly suited to just anyone due to their rather demanding play style requiring certain things from the player before performing their job well. So while Super Testers seem to share my adaptable nature when it comes to playing warships allowing ships without tremendous flaws to feel just fine to them. Meanwhile a player whose plays style  is more restrictive in nature may try a new ship and despite hearing that it felt good to use will totally wipe out trying to use it. 

[NDA]
Supertester
2,902 posts
6,018 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Plus how a ship “ feels” carry vary depending on play style of a player. Like Graf Spee, RN DDs, and French DDs are not exactly suited to just anyone due to their rather demanding play style requiring certain things from the player before performing their job well. So while Super Testers seem to share my adaptable nature when it comes to playing warships allowing ships without tremendous flaws to feel just fine to them. Meanwhile a player whose plays style  is more restrictive in nature may try a new ship and despite hearing that it felt good to use will totally wipe out trying to use it. 

Pretty much.  I'm a cruiser player by nature so testing ships that are cruisers or play like them in general I seem to do well and have a bit of confidence in it.  However I'll have a whole different thought and perspective on it than someone who plays Battleships or destroyers primarily and has to test the same cruiser.  Conversely I dread battleship testing.  Even on a good day I don't know what I'm doing in a Battleship, but can muddle through with reviews, videos, build ideas, etc. 

But what's this now?  New Battleship, no one knows what she's all about or how she handles, no guides, no suggested build.  Here's the Key's, go run her around the parking lot and figure it out yourself :cap_book:

Members
829 posts
5,758 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Precisely. I think even if they love a ship it’s better to keep it to yourself and not set expectations for the community. The super testers I see are pretty uniform on this it seems.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,913 posts
15,280 battles

Game start:

player: What the F*** is "name of the testing ship"?????????

ObiphanKenobi: Now now, dont be rude. Ask politely and i'll answer you?

player: Who The F*** are you?

ObiphanKenobi: select mute player on public chat

Game start:

player: hey, what is that ship?

ObiphanKenobi: oh it new "name of the ship", in testing phase and WIP, in this battle i can do example example example.

player: oh really, very nice

8 minutes into the game

ObiphanKenobi: requesting smoke or radar

player: No, LOL .... and turned 360 degree and run

we play the game like anyone else, we provide support and also need support, dont be a jerk and jealous of us

that player left me faced 4 enemies ship pushing down and run like a coward. He not even use radar to help me. After i got kill, he laugh at my death .... shamed on the player. Testers need you all to help, give some respect.  

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,094 battles

I get asked all the time in game chat about the ships I am testing.  The questions are specific for the most part and I am happy to answer anyone and everyone.  When it comes to how it feels or what I think, I make sure to tell them it is only my opinion and not necessarily that of other testers/cc's....additionally, I always tell them the ship is subject to change and to follow the facebook dev blog for changes to test ships.   Most everyone is happy that I respond and always say thanks when they are done.  

This policy is good for ST's as we can interact with the player base while we are testing ships. It is good for the player base as they can get answers to most questions about these ships as long as the ST is willing to respond.  Don't take it personal if they don't respond....some may not be paying attention to chat or are busy with specific testing of the ship.

Keep in mind we cannot answer questions about other types of testing.  We can only answer questions/talk about the ships we are testing....so if you see me in game....ask and you shall receive!!!!!

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,460 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I know Super Testers are not allowed to say much of anything about the ships they are testing,

It's not like WiP stats are hidden or anything.  They always get posted at dailybounce, and wows-gamer-blog.

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2019/08/venezia-tier-x-italian-cruiser-stats.html