DocWalker

Only in Texas ...

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,285 battles

... do we get optimistic forecasts like this.  Today's going to be cooler with a high of 100, because ... cloudy ... YAY!   

Another 10 degrees "cooler" and it'll be Chili Weather!

ChiliWeather.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,748 posts
21,520 battles

I lived outside of Austin for 10 years before moving to a state with more than two seasons. I think it was in 2011, the summer before we left, we had our 90+ days of 100+ temperatures with only one break. On July 4 it rained so the temp only reached 98. That heat was like a furnace when you stepped outside.

At the end of that summer we had the Bastrop Complex FIre. That was the second and last time we were forced to evacuate our home. At least ours was still standing after the burn...

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,370 posts
6,405 battles

I know that feel. My hometown averages 95+ in the summer, and what's more, because next to the sea the humidity is almost unbearable :Smile_hiding:.

Ice cold water is the best medicine :Smile_great:.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,285 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

I lived outside of Austin for 10 years before moving to a state with more than two seasons. I think it was in 2011, the summer before we left, we had our 90+ days of 100+ temperatures with only one break. On July 4 it rained so the temp only reached 98. That heat was like a furnace when you stepped outside.

At the end of that summer we had the Bastrop Complex FIre. That was the second and last time we were forced to evacuate our home. At least ours was still standing after the burn...

I remember that summer well, Khafni.  We were still traveling the US in our RV and normally spent the summers in the mountains ... but that summer we were visiting friends at a campground just north of Conroe, on the lake.  I'll never forget waking up to the smell of smoke from the fires west of Magnolia ... or seeing the devastation along the highway driving back to the Hill country that winter.  We passed right through Bastrop on Highways 21 & 71.  It was heartbreaking.  Glad to hear at least your home survived.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,769 posts
4,631 battles

Summer keeps the ice storms away.  Totally worth it.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,084 battles

When we say everything is bigger in Texas, we mean everything.

But seriously, I remember living in Dallas and going out in the early morning and thinking how cool 80 felt. At least now when people here in IN start whining about 90 I’m just like “what? it’s only 90.”😁

That said, add humidity and it’s terrible. I don’t even go outside in the summer if I’m in Houston.