You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmNimitz41

Research Points for a ship I already have?

6 comments in this topic

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,132 battles

I own the Wyoming & was researching the New York (13K) intending to buy it. But WOW wants to charge me 2.3K for researching the Wyoming? 
Isn't researching already a big enough PITA without them going backward down the line, too? 
What's going on?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,408 posts
15,850 battles

Wants to charge you 2.3K what? XP? Did you not get the second hull or something on the Wyoming?

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,008 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Did you not get the second hull or something on the Wyoming?

That's my guess. 

With most all ships, you have to work your way up the tech tree. There are modules you must unlock to move up. Typically (especially on BBs) it is the hull upgrade. You have to research the hull upgrades before you can unlock the next ship (NY). The propulsion, different guns, and range mods can typically be skipped, but some hull modules are required to be researched. 

A screenshot would help a lot, but 2.5k does sound about the right price for a hull module that you may have skipped on. 

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,460 battles

2.3K is the price for B hull on Wyoming, which you must research before moving on to NY.  Don't tell us you played your entire Wyoming grind with the stock hull?

Going forward, researching the upgraded hull is almost always the first thing you should do.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

2.3k is nothing, it quickly rises quite a lot as you move up

but like said above your missing something

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,132 battles
6 hours ago, _1204_ said:

That's my guess. 

With most all ships, you have to work your way up the tech tree. There are modules you must unlock to move up. Typically (especially on BBs) it is the hull upgrade. You have to research the hull upgrades before you can unlock the next ship (NY). The propulsion, different guns, and range mods can typically be skipped, but some hull modules are required to be researched. 

A screenshot would help a lot, but 2.5k does sound about the right price for a hull module that you may have skipped on. 

You're right, I didn't own the hull upgrade, so thanks for the answers, everyone. 

And, if we're going to buy something, I have to wonder why they nickle & dime us with this "research" crap anyway. Maybe the designers previous jobs were selling used cars?   ; )