You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sporego

how to get coal world of warships

20 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles

For daily containers, choose more resources.  This is a minimum of 400 coal per container.  People have run a lot of container data, and it averages out to 500 coal per container.

Doing both sets of daily missions also nets an additional 400 coal.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,842 battles

There are a couple other ways, also, although they are quite rare.

IIRC, there are a couple rewards for gaining ranked levels that include coal.

And once, several months ago, I got a supercontainer that was full of coal...10,000 coal, I think it was.

But mostly, yeah, grind out the daily missions and collect containers.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
24 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

There are a couple other ways, also, although they are quite rare.

IIRC, there are a couple rewards for gaining ranked levels that include coal.

And once, several months ago, I got a supercontainer that was full of coal...10,000 coal, I think it was.

But mostly, yeah, grind out the daily missions and collect containers.

I got 15k coal once in a super container, but that's like hoping for a unicorn as a pet.

Members
284 posts
4,672 battles
10 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I got 15k coal once in a super container, but that's like hoping for a unicorn as a pet.

I must have had super unicorn luck because both of my last 2 SC had 1500 steel.

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
788 posts
11,945 battles
1 hour ago, Sporego said:

What are the ways to get coal right now?

Best way is to mine it:

Wyoming has been the top coal-producing state in the United States since 1988, due to the Powder River Basin, a region in northeast Wyoming and southeast Montana that is the single largest source of coal mined in the United States and contains one of the largest deposits of coal in the world

Sorry couldn't resist based on the OPs question

Do the dailies, get boxes, hope for coal.  Also with the new update there will be another event like the snowflakes that could award coal.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
52 minutes ago, Arlensauce93 said:

I must have had super unicorn luck because both of my last 2 SC had 1500 steel.

You bastard, I hate you. :Smile-angry: I could have used that steel, and my daughter would have LOVED a pet unicorn. But NO, someone else gets all the luck. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles

French destroyers premium container in Armory has 25% change to drop 1,500 coal...  If you have couple thousands bucks to spare, it's very effective way to mine a lot of coal fast :Smile_hiding:

Disclaimer: I have not invested any money into games for almost a year.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

and my daughter would have LOVED a pet unicorn.

Might I suggest:

Image result for Unicorn on a stick

• Funny 1

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Might I suggest:

Dude, the horn is missing.  DOH!

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

It's behind the ear.

Or poachers.

One of the two.

• Funny 4

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Might I suggest:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Might have done a few years ago, but she's too old for that now. Her suspension of disbelief isn't what it was when she was three or four. :Smile_sad:

2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

And she would have noticed that in an instant. "I don't want a pink horsey, I want a UNICORN!"

(ETA: Ninja'd - there's a definite hint of a yellow horn behind the right ear. And trying to explain to a little girl that there are mean people in the world who rip unicorns' horns out for money isn't something you want to try to do, except on the toughest little tomboys - who generally don't go in for the whole unicorn thing in the first place. :Smile-_tongue:)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
2 hours ago, Sporego said:

What are the ways to get coal right now?

Daily containers (more resources) give coal as do event containers. Other events (such as knocking off "snowflakes") also give coal. Join a clan -- there is a clan bonus on coal received from containers if you have the right building.

Beta Testers
127 posts
11,316 battles

I think the 500/container average sounds about right. If you complete all 3 containers you should be averaging roughly 1500 coal per day over the course of weeks or months.

If you use one of the coupons for 25% off a ship, it's about 125 days of coal to afford Georgia/Smolensk/etc. This assumes no additional coal from supercontainers, missions, specials, ranked, etc. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts

I'd say the odds of a coal or steel sale soon are approaching 99%...:Smile_glasses:

Think about it...put out an apparently Op coal ship...have a steel sale. Desperate players wanting the fotm buy steel and convert it for the ship. Profit! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,158 posts
24,131 battles

It also helps if your in a clan that has a coal port. Up to 10% more coal. If you've been doing the now flake events..that too. It's doing the daily missions otherwise.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,065 posts
23,845 battles

For all my Daily Containers, I choose the Resource one every time.  Everything else is pointless.  Coal is a more important resource than a few credits, regular signal flags, or getting a "Super"container with 100 Detonation flags.

By doing Resource Container all the time, your stockpile in Coal will steadily climb.  I'm not saying you're going to get 100k Coal in a week, but this stuff piles up quickly over time.  But volume of play to get 2-3 Resource Daily Containers is the key.  If you don't play enough, then you aren't getting anything to begin with.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,572 battles

What Haze says is the truth. This is how I built up huge stockpiles of resources, especially coal. The other thing to remember is to use it only for something you really want, don't worry about buying every single coal ship. Just do you research and get what fits best with your play style and preferences. What you don't want is an expensive port queen... Spend coal like you would spend money, carefully. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,886 posts
9,956 battles
2 hours ago, Siegewolf said:

Best way is to mine it:

Wyoming has been the top coal-producing state in the United States since 1988, due to the Powder River Basin, a region in northeast Wyoming and southeast Montana that is the single largest source of coal mined in the United States and contains one of the largest deposits of coal in the world

Funny thing is coal domestic demand has gone down huge - the once largest coal firing electric plant in North America was demolished last week.

Edited by Anonymous50

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
8 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Funny thing is coal domestic demand has gone down huge - the once largest coal firing electric plant in North America was demolished last week.

I was just near that plant about 2 months ago.