Bualar

You favorite anime

193 comments in this topic

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts

Ohayo! 

I didn't had a chance to talk about anime with someone from NA (and I know it's more popular in US than in RU) so I would like to know which anime you guys prefer.
We can start with top-3 list and here is mine:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Code Geass
3. Clannad

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles

I don't really have a top 3 for animes themselves per say far easier to do with characters themselves, but ill try list some off?

But Higurashi, To love ru, Net-juu susume, pre-17 Darlifra is good, Asterisk War had some good characters, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is always a good rewatch, Noragami, K-on, Kashimashi is in my heart but I cant really rewatch it, Mirai Nikki is a good one, Otome wa boku ni koishiteru and Simoun are nostalgic for me, Elfen Lied was interesting, I suppose Guilty Crown could be stuck in there, Date a Live, Log Horizon.
I wouldn't really say Highschool DxD was good, despite my accounts namesake, far too much ecchi makes it difficult to really say I watched it as spent looking away in disgust.

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts
Just now, SouthboundPachyderm said:

I am clearly in the minority here, but I despise everything anime-related. Never understood it, never enjoyed it.  

Well, what I can say... To each his own.

• Cool 4

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
Just now, SouthboundPachyderm said:

I am clearly in the minority here, but I despise everything anime-related. Never understood it, never enjoyed it.  

Wouldn't it just make sense to leave and ignore this thread then? Call me captain obvious but thought i'd ask, seeing as when I see similar things in that I dislike just walk past without a second thought.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts
10 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

I don't really have a top 3 for animes themselves per say far easier to do with characters themselves, but ill try list some off?

But Higurashi, To love ru, Net-juu susume, pre-17 Darlifra is good, Asterisk War had some good characters, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is always a good rewatch, Noragami, K-on, Kashimashi is in my heart but I cant really rewatch it, Mirai Nikki is a good one, Otome wa boku ni koishiteru and Simoun are nostalgic for me, Elfen Lied was interesting, I suppose Guilty Crown could be stuck in there, Date a Live, Log Horizon.
I wouldn't really say Highschool DxD was good, despite my accounts namesake, far too much ecchi makes it difficult to really say I watched it as spent looking away in disgust.

I watched almost everything from that list haha
Mirai Nikki is a very good one especially with alternative ending. Have you seen Gurren Lagann?

[DJL]
Members
235 posts
7,017 battles

1.The Saga of Tanya the Evil.

2. High school of the dead.

3. That time I got  Reincarnated as a slime.

Have many more but that's 3. 

Thank you.

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,660 posts
5,306 battles

I'll just name some that I've watched and enjoyed off the top of my head...

- Death Note

- Anohana

- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

- My Hero Academia

- Erased

I'm looking forward to watching Black Bullet, Nichijou, One Punch Man, and a lot of others. Here's MAL.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/destawaits

• Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
Just now, Bualar said:

I watched almost everything from that list haha
Mirai Nikki is a very good one especially with alternative ending. Have you seen Gurren Lagann?

oooooh I'm very impressed, its quite rare that people have watched similar to me in that sense, or is it just coincidence?
Do enjoy Mirai Nikki, probably rewatched it 2 or 3 times now, as a Yandere I of course must pay respects to the tropes queen in Yuno.
Though I am afraid you lose me at Gurren Lagann, an anime I've heard of but little interest to watch, mecha not being something I particularly enjoy as a genre.
Tend to watch anime which have girls that look pretty, being transgender and therefore thoroughly desiring to look or be seen like them, so I must watch, to observe, to become.
Hence why im kinda bad at listing favourite animes but could easily reel off anime girls and tell you why you I like them in detail. xD

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,660 posts
5,306 battles

I recently watched Grave of the Fireflies by Studio Ghibli. It left me speechless :Smile_sad:

Edited by destawaits

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,660 posts
5,306 battles
16 minutes ago, SouthboundPachyderm said:

When you can't help but express your opinion :cap_horn:

• Boring 1

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts
9 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Though I am afraid you lose me at Gurren Lagann, an anime I've heard of but little interest to watch, mecha not being something I particularly enjoy as a genre.

I don't like mecha myself but this one is very noice!

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts
13 minutes ago, Athrun2021 said:

1.The Saga of Tanya the Evil.

I even wrote an article with a preview when it was still an ongoin :D Pity that they probably won't make a 2nd season....

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

Does Oh Wicked  Wanda count?

Being a British Comic strip?
No, being that anime in definition is Animation, normally of a set style, made in Japan.
So unfortunately I would say not.

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts
12 minutes ago, destawaits said:

I'm looking forward to watching Black Bullet, Nichijou, One Punch Man, and a lot of others. Here's MAL.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/destawaits

Nichijou and One Punch Man are both very funny and I strongly recommend you to fill that void in your anime list :cap_like:

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
2 minutes ago, Bualar said:

I even wrote an article with a preview when it was still an ongoin :D Pity that they probably won't make a 2nd season....

At least we got Isekai Quartet, which was confusing and somewhat hilarious, having watched the 4 quarters of it before. That's getting a second season too.
Isn't a Tanya movie in the works?

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,660 posts
5,306 battles
Just now, Bualar said:

Nichijou and One Punch Man are both very funny and I strongly recommend you to fill that void in your anime list :cap_like:

Currently binge-watching JoJo, though. Have 3 more JoJos to go.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,502 posts
4,771 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Does Oh Wicked  Wanda count? 

Good try, but unfortunately, no.  She only moves in your mind.

So much I haven't seen, but so far:

1. Grave of the Fireflies
  2. Cowboy Bebop
  3. Mushi-shi
Edited by iDuckman

[DJL]
Members
235 posts
7,017 battles
10 minutes ago, Bualar said:

True, but they did make a movie. That's more then most get. I myself am wanting for season 2 to trinity seven but so far just got two movies. At least "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" got it's season 2.

Ps overlord took awhile to get muti seasons so don't lose hope Tanya may get hers one day.

Edited by Athrun2021
Oops

Members
2,775 posts
93 battles

I have a few anime series that I really love, but I really dont put them in ranks because they are all memorable and enjoyable. In no particular order, some of my favorites are Hyouka, Sakura Quest, Gundam Build Fighters, Turn A Gundam, Nagi no Asu kara, Kanon 2006, Clannad, SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online, Steins;Gate, and Konosuba.

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

[AMWKS]
Members
340 posts
4,400 battles

I grew up with the original 'Star Blazers' as it was called in the US.  But it really wasn't until I started doing the anime skins for warships that I revisited the genre again.  After the binge had settled, I'd have to list the following as my favorites (in no particular order):

1.  Princess Principal

2.  Robotics Notes

3.  Psycho-Pass

4.  Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

5.  Beyond the Boundary

6.  Fate Zero

7.  Angel Beats

8.  A Lull in the Sea

9.  Food Wars

10.  Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

The darling of this season is definitely 'Kimetsu no Yaiba'.  I find myself anticipating the next episode every week.  It's been a while since a TV program did that for me.

[PISD]
Members
1,809 posts
5,977 battles

1: Spice and wolf

2: Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu

3: Neon Genesis Evangelion

[RLGN]
Members
15,460 posts
27,160 battles
57 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Isn't a Tanya movie in the works?

Done and done; even went to watch it thanks to some group that releases small release films where I live, (Fathom Events, was subtitled.)

Older; Stelvia of the Universe, Ai Yori Aoshi, Spice and Wolf.

Newer; Log Horizon, Gate, Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.