Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

Question for those who have reset a line already

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,068
[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,108 battles

Did you get 10k upon immediately resetting the line?  Fem keeps posting this fact in multiple threads, but it doesn't seem right.

The question is:  When you reset the line, did you instantly get 10k (as a bonus for resetting the first line) and then get the chance to grind through the line again for an additional 20k?

I personally have 5 tier 10s but I have NOT reset any lines, and I have 10k research points already.  So if what Fem is saying is right, I could reset a line and get an additional 10k instantly, then grind the line and get an additional 20k (for a total of 40k).  Which means I would only have to do a total of 3 resets to get Colbert.

What I think happened in reality is that the 10k was given to everyone that had 5 tier 10s already, and there is NO bonus for resetting the line prior to regrinding it.

Anyone?

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

Yes, I got the 10K RB tokens when I reset a line this morning.

When I eventually play the tier X ship in that line, i'll have a total of 30K tokens.

Edited by SpudZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,108 battles
2 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Yes, I got the 10K RB tokens when I reset a line this morning.

When I eventually play the tier X ship in that line, i'll have a total of 30K tokens.

You did NOT have those 10k tokens prior to resetting?  Did you look by chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

Honestly, I don't recall, I think they may have already been there as you say, just for having 5 tier X's because that's how I understood it from the start.

Resetting another line next season will net you another 20K, so after season 3 of only resetting a single line each season, you'll have 70K tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,814
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,542 posts
12,226 battles
12 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

The question is:  When you reset the line, did you instantly get 10k (as a bonus for resetting the first line) and then get the chance to grind through the line again for an additional 20k?

EDIT: see Fem's post: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/198690-research-calculator/?do=findComment&comment=4650080

Edited by pikohan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,108 battles
4 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I did.  Please read mine above in which I stated what Fem said, and my experience has been different.  Thanks.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,464
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,847 posts
9 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Honestly, I don't recall, I think they may have already been there as you say, just for having 5 tier X's because that's how I understood it from the start.

Resetting another line next season will net you another 20K, so after season 3 of only resetting a single line each season, you'll have 70K tokens.

I haven't reset anything but have 10K points because I have 5 T10 ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,520
[WGA]
Administrator
2,249 posts
14,707 battles
19 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Did you get 10k upon immediately resetting the line?  Fem keeps posting this fact in multiple threads, but it doesn't seem right.

The question is:  When you reset the line, did you instantly get 10k (as a bonus for resetting the first line) and then get the chance to grind through the line again for an additional 20k?

I personally have 5 tier 10s but I have NOT reset any lines, and I have 10k research points already.  So if what Fem is saying is right, I could reset a line and get an additional 10k instantly, then grind the line and get an additional 20k (for a total of 40k).  Which means I would only have to do a total of 3 resets to get Colbert.

What I think happened in reality is that the 10k was given to everyone that had 5 tier 10s already, and there is NO bonus for resetting the line prior to regrinding it.

Anyone?

Apologies, this was poor phrasing on me, and I will amend, you receive 10k when you unlock the research Bureau, not on resetting your first ship line. The first reset will give you abonus on the marks for 2x their value. 

Fem, 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,270
[R-F]
Members
1,653 posts
9,757 battles

I haven't played yet today but I have logged into the armory web site and purchased ships... it's showing 10,000 research tokens there already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,108 battles
3 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Apologies, this was poor phrasing on me, and I will amend, you receive 10k when you unlock the research Bureau, not on resetting your first ship line. The first reset will give you abonus on the marks for 2x their value. 

Fem, 

Ok, thats what I have been seeing.  Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,422
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,986 posts
16,557 battles
3 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Apologies, this was poor phrasing on me, and I will amend, you receive 10k when you unlock the research Bureau, not on resetting your first ship line. The first reset will give you abonus on the marks for 2x their value. 

Fem, 

Is "unlock the research Bureau" synonymous with "own 5 or more tech tree T10s"? Or is there another step involved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,317
[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,385 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Is "unlock the research Bureau" synonymous with "own 5 or more tech tree T10s"? Or is there another step involved?

I have done nothing besides own at least 5 T10's, and 10,000 RP's found their way into my bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×