Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1An0maly1

Most Cost Efficient Lines to Re-grind

7 comments in this topic

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,124 posts
4,203 battles

With the Research Bureau out, what are the cheapest lines to grind out? I’ve heard Z-52 is good. 

Sure it’s not economical to go selling ships and regrinding for a Colbert but tbh I have time and it seems like some end game entertainment. 

Plan is to get the free 10k, do one line for the season for 20k, another line in second season hoping it’ll be 20k for the first grind again. Then it’s spitting distance for Colbert and presumably Ohio for season 3. Alternatively might just wait to see what the DD offering is. That Italian one looks interesting.

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

Honestly, the way I see it, you should pick a line you really enjoy, many lines have less than desirable ships in them, I chose the USN dd line because I honestly enjoy that line, and IMO there are no questionable ships in that line.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,543 posts
12,226 battles

According to wowsft, it looks like it's the Harugumo at 676k XP for non-CV lines?

Members
1,870 posts
16,363 battles

Not that I am going to re-grind, but I would look at the 7-8-9 ships, this is where most of the grinding takes place - and look at ships that you enjoy for a line at these tiers

[SALVO]
Members
23,384 posts
23,974 battles

I hate the NTC thing, but regardless it's out, so here are some thoughts on the OP's question.

First, maybe replay a line you enjoyed playing, because if you did pretty well in it and enjoyed it, you'll probably do even better in it the second time (or third or fourth) around.

Second, if you're in a clan that participates in CBs and you regularly play CBs, you might want to factor in which ships you rarely use in CBs, so that if this CBs season or any later one, you could be regrinding lines that you know you wouldn't miss having available for CBs, or ranked battles for that matter.  For example, if your clan almost never uses Worcesters in tier 10 CBs, then maybe the USN CL line would be a good one to regrind (assuming you have it).  I'd also factor in whether you enjoyed playing that line (point #1) as well.

I don't know if there are any NTC rules about this, but I could see someone regrinding the same line or 2 lines over and over again, if they a) enjoyed that line and did well in it, and b) they didn't use those ships much, if at all, in CBs or RkBs.

[SIDE]
Members
2,826 posts

I did the russian dd Khab line first. It sucks until tier 7 but is a lot of fun on up. I hope I can regrind the groz almost as quickly whenever I choose to redo that line.

I am currently working my second reset, Shima. It's terrible until tier 6 but becomes a lot of fun thereafter. Only have about 100k xp remaining to grind on Yugo before I unlock shima. 

I would caution you... regrinding is a PITA. I've seen some loss streaks these last few weeks that I never saw in years of playing. I am doing much better individually because I'm already familiar with these ships and their playstyles. I usually score in top 5. The potato teams I'm seeing though.... OMFG. Must be coincidence, right?

Edited by thebigblue

Sign in to follow this