You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

research calculator

13 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
843 posts
13,221 battles

I started with 10k from all the t10s i have. So that being the case how many lines will i need to do in order to have 57k for the t10 cruiser? 

thanks!

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
504 posts
7,378 battles

You'll get 20k from the first line reset after playing a game in each of the Tier 6 through 10 ships of the line (except CV's, where you'll get 16k) and 10k (8k for CV's) for each subsequent reset.

After the first reset, you'll have 30k, and it will take 3 more resets for a total of 5 resets (assuming no more than one CV reset).

Edited by DanielLeary

[SOFOP]
Members
1,652 posts
11,208 battles

Or you can wait 3 months and get the double bonus again, which essentially reduces the number of regrinds by 1 I guess.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,733 battles

Heyo Captains,

You will first receive 10k points for unlocking the RB and being able to reset your first line.

On that first line, you have a 2x multiplyer the tokens on the reset ship - for me this is the UK CAs:

image.png

For my first win in my Leander, I will receive 1000 Research Points. 

So in total; I can receive 20k for my first line.

And consequential lines will only have one - for example my KM CAs:

image.png

From this second (and all additional resets for the season) I can gain an additional 10k points (or 8k for CV lines)

So:

Unlock RB: 10k
First line (BB/CA/DD): 20k
Second line (BB/CA/DD): 10k
Third line (BB/CA/DD): 10k
Fourth (BB/CA/DD): 10k

[HATE]
Members
843 posts
13,221 battles
58 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

You will first receive 10k points for unlocking the RB and being able to reset your first line

On that first line, you have a 2x multiplyer the tokens on the reset ship - for me this is the UK CAs:

image.png

image.png

From this second (and all additional resets for the season) I can gain an additional 10k points (or 8k for CV lines)

So:

so i am on the same page. 

i have 10k

start first line i get 10k more than i get 20k and the end of the first line with my 10k to start i will have 40k. so i would need 17k more. or 2 more lines?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,988 posts
16,606 battles

If you got all the bonuses available, you will have to complete four regrinds to get Colbert.

10k free
20k first regrind completed
10k second regrind completed
10k third regrind completed
10k fourth regrind completed

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,371 posts
9,171 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

You will first receive 10k points for unlocking the RB and being able to reset your first line.

image.png

image.png

So:

But, it is important to remember, there is no advantage in resetting more than one tech tree per season, because (from the WOWS web news portal), every season will offer a x 2 token bonus on the 1st tech tree reset (of that season). I'd go as far as to say, players need to be discrouaged from wasting their energy on multiple resets in a single season. They will lose out if they do this, won't they?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

SEASONS

The Research Bureau system will work on a seasonal basis. The first Season will last 3 months.

The effect of seasons on the Research Bureau lies in the fact that the Research Points first victory bonus will be doubled for the ships of the first branch to be reset during a season. The double bonus will remain on those ships beyond the end of the season, until the first victory is gained on them.

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
32 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

If you got all the bonuses available, you will have to complete four regrinds to get Colbert.

10k free
10k second regrind completed
10k fourth regrind completed

If I may add, if you're not in a hurry, you may want for second season and use all the x2 bonuses, and it'll be 3 line completions:
10k free

wait for season 2
20k second regrind completed

11 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

SEASONS

The Research Bureau system will work on a seasonal basis. The first Season will last 3 months.

The effect of seasons on the Research Bureau lies in the fact that the Research Points first victory bonus will be doubled for the ships of the first branch to be reset during a season. The double bonus will remain on those ships beyond the end of the season, until the first victory is gained on them.

Exactly that.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,988 posts
16,606 battles
12 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

But, it is important to remember, there is no advantage in resetting more than one tech tree per season, because (from the WOWS web news portal), every season will offer a x 2 token bonus on the 1st tech tree reset (of that season). I'd go as far as to say, players need to be discrouaged from wasting their energy on multiple resets in a single season. They will lose out if they do this, won't they?

Totally dependent upon the rate at which ships are added to the Research Bureau. If they add a new one every 3 months (one per "season"), you'll be permanently behind unless you earn 57000 points every 3 months.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,371 posts
9,171 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Totally dependent upon the rate at which ships are added to the Research Bureau. If they add a new one every 3 months (one per "season"), you'll be permanently behind unless you earn 57000 points every 3 months.

too many ifs. Best to play for what we know, rather than what we don't. While clearly they will be adding other premium ships, will they all be tier 10s? Obviously, a person who wants to spam multiple tech regrinds every 3 months is welcome to, but I can't imagine the sacrifice personally. Think of the kittens.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
700 posts

Research the lines five times over ... bwhahahha......no what I enjoy my play time just fine.  There are plenty of ships in my port I have earned and I don't think I would redo them all again. Not fir a free ship.

I'd rather free to something .

[GLF]
Members
910 posts
14,224 battles

Can we also make it so that the Military Month Contributor flagholders get +5% research points because we have the flag?  :Smile_medal:

:Smile_trollface:

Members
405 posts
3 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

image.png

image.png

So:

Sadly it's still not worth it. I'm not grinding through ships after losing my kitted out favourites. 

• Cool 1