Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Research Bureau regret is thick this AM

25 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,385 battles

Oh, my.

SO MANY players who hit "reset" without understanding how this works.

And I am not the least bit surprised.

I am playing low tiers for the new French DD's, and it is common to see people in chat (in their new-again T2-3's!) ranting about either not getting all the Research Points they thought they were going to instantly get, or not realizing they were going to have to grind 5 lines to get Colbert.

Reading is so OP.

bxc6FOz.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

Yeah, it is unfortunate there will always be those that are uninformed, or can't read what's right in front of them. :Smile_amazed:

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,022 posts
8,148 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Reading is so OP

I posted a question on the forum about captains after a reset. Still un-resolved. What happens when you have do not enough space for the captains that are in ships?  do they get marked for automatic dismissal? if the answer is, WG auto dismisses captains, then there is a ticking time bomb issue. 

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,281 posts
9,171 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Oh, my.

I am playing low tiers for the new French DD's, and it is common to see people in chat (in their new-again T2-3's!) ranting about either not getting all the Research Points they thought they were going to instantly get, or not realizing they were going to have to grind 5 lines to get Colbert.

Reading is so OP.

bxc6FOz.png

inevitable.

The RB smallprint is well, convoluted.  Expecting players to understand all the intracacies on day 1, is unfair. I hope WG reimburses those that do login to today and who press multiple resets without fully understanding how this works. 

Players shouldn't have to read through several web portal newsposts and forum PSAs to get to grips with it.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,108 battles
Just now, Oxy_Clean said:

So I'm guessing you lose all the ex from the ships entirely if you hit the reset?

Oh no.  Not at all!  All that XP from the ships that are reset is moved to the tier 1 of that line, so that you can pay WG money to convert XP you already EARNED into Free XP to use on ships you already researched once, and now have to research again.

Woot :)

• Funny 3

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,281 posts
9,171 battles
1 minute ago, Oxy_Clean said:

So I'm guessing you lose all the ex from the ships entirely if you hit the reset?

yes and no.

All ship xp is removed, and stacked  on the tier 1 of the tech tree. So if you reset the British cruiser tech tree, all of Minotaur's (tier 10) ship xp will be removed, but not lost, it will be converted to Black Swan (tier 1) elite ship xp. Same for all other cruisers in that British tech tree.

[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,385 battles
5 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

I posted a question on the forum about captains after a reset. Still un-resolved. What happens when you have do not enough space for the captains that are in ships?  do they get marked for automatic dismissal? if the answer is, WG auto dismisses captains, then there is a ticking time bomb issue. 

I asked the same question:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/198177-tldr-research-bureau/?do=findComment&comment=4649808

[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
12 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Oh, my.

Reading is so OP.

bxc6FOz.png

Yep, it's the players fault they aren't engaged in the game...has nothing to do with the game itself...right?:Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
15,664 posts
10,504 battles
8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Those would also be the ones who didn't use the PTS for a trial run, n'est-ce pas? 

I went and had a go only because I wanted to play with the Italian cruisers, and NTC/RB was the gateway to that. Fair enough, I thought; I'll probably never do it for real, but I might as well have a go at it in PTS and see exactly what would happen if I was ever actually up for it.

I came out of that understanding exactly how the RB process worked THROUGH HAVING ACTUALLY TRIALLED IT.

You would think that people who were serious enough about this to trash multiple ship lines on the ACTUAL LIVE SERVER would go and do the same, wouldn't you? 

:fish_palm:

• Angry 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,202 posts
11 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

inevitable.

The RB smallprint is well, convoluted.  Expecting players to understand all the intracacies on day 1, is unfair. I hope WG reimburses those that do login to today and who press multiple resets without fully understanding how this works. 

Players shouldn't have to read through several web portal newsposts and forum PSAs to get to grips with it.

That's kinda the situation... it's really easy to say "but the information is out there if you dig deep enough", but it's a video game, not a research project. 

The players take some of the blame for not being sure they understand before taking the leap.

WG shares some of the blame for being chronically bad at communicating details and having an apparent love affair with convoluted rules. 

Members
1,113 posts
20,393 battles

Kinda reminds me of the complaints of the masses over having not read over the plans for the demolition and bypass....

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,664 posts
10,504 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

it's a video game, not a research project. 

It's really not that hard.

It's not an IQ test - it's a test of basic common sense and comprehension. And far too many players are failing it.

Given the debate that's been raging over it since it first went live as the NTC, nobody on these forums has any excuse for not informing themselves IN DETAIL as to what all the fuss was about.

[36]
Members
402 posts
8,394 battles

If all my elite ship XP got converted to FXP instead of suddenly having 1,344,039 elite XP on my Black Swan, I would go for it...but that would pretty much defeat the purpose, wouldn’t it? Selling XP has to be a real money maker for WG, and good for them. I begrudge them nothing. I only get a little tired of feeling used from time to time.

Members
1,113 posts
20,393 battles
7 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

If all my elite ship XP got converted to FXP instead of suddenly having 1,344,039 elite XP on my Black Swan, I would go for it...

My Black Swan bore the weight of a massive, useless XP pool just fine.... ;)

nCrNWK8.jpg

• Confused 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,202 posts
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not an IQ test - it's a test of basic common sense and comprehension. And far too many players are failing it.

Given the debate that's been raging over it since it first went live as the NTC, nobody on these forums has any excuse for not informing themselves IN DETAIL as to what all the fuss was about.

My impression is that the OP is talking about players expressing their frustration in the in-game chat, most of whom probably didn't see the forum storm.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,664 posts
10,504 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

My impression is that the OP is talking about players expressing their frustration in the in-game chat, most of whom probably didn't see the forum storm.

For sure. But my recurring question is, and will remain, "Why are they - with multiple T10's in port until this morning - not here finding everything out, when I turned up wanting answers on everything before I was even on my first Tier 5?"

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,432 battles
48 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

I raised the same question as well and while discussed by some players no WG response, so this is still an open question.

Members
189 posts
451 battles
32 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

My Black Swan bore the weight of a massive, useless XP pool just fine.... ;)

nCrNWK8.jpg

Well, at least you have tier 2 covered!

See? All that useless XP ain't so useless after all...silly nay sayers

• Funny 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,021 posts
2,887 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Except for the part where the details get lost in translating Russian to English, as well as initially being written up by programmers who didn't exactly major in composition writing.  Case in point, the French flakes went away on Monday even though the write up on that part of the French event mentions they would be available throughout the 8.6 update which ended early this morning, so they shorted us by 2 days because they linked it with the end of the French directives instead of the end of the update, but you wouldn't have gotten that by reading the detail, you would have had to make an assumption, and you know what happens when people assume...:cap_haloween:

[-AA-]
Members
9 posts
5,919 battles
1 hour ago, kagero__ said:

Well, at least you have tier 2 covered!

See? All that useless XP ain't so useless after all...silly nay sayers

Of course its not useless, you only need 159980 doubloons to convert it to free xp :)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
8,035 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

. . . "Why are they - with multiple T10's in port until this morning - not here finding everything out, when I turned up wanting answers on everything before I was even on my first Tier 5?"

Spoiler

they need to have everything spoon-fed to them, otherwise they don't know what to do

true here, true IRL

• Boring 1

Members
2,073 posts
4,457 battles

still can't people actually doing this grind. Now this crap is going to go down hill from now. WG knows there are to many sheep that will pay money and waste free xp for this crap. Next on the list? OP ships that you can only require by regrinding every ship in game. 

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this