JustAnOldDude

Wargaming center black screen

13 comments in this topic

Members
222 posts

Have an issue with the wargaming center opening up to a black screen. This happened sometime last week. I tried installing latest graphics driver and no help.

tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times and still no help. I am running windows 10 x64. Tried stopping all background apps that I could and still nothing.

Any ideas?

WGC_blackscreen.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,556 posts
18,079 battles

Can you get into the game? Then you're not missing anything.

[SALTY]
Supertester
242 posts
6,679 battles

This appears to be some other window in front of WGC OR it starts up in 1 position and size and loads in another and doesn't fully refresh. To diagnose this, you can try using the Task View button just to the right of your Start button or the shortcut key combo Alt+Tab. Shy of that, you can probably just launch WoWs directly from its executable.

[BGSAG]
Members
4 posts
11,445 battles

This is happening to me as well.  I do not run any mods, the game itself isn't broken.  I deleted both ships, tanks and wargaming center and reloaded them from fresh - the problem is still there.

Edited by CaptainParrot

[SALTY]
Supertester
242 posts
6,679 battles

You can try uninstalling the Game Center again but make sure you go into the C:\ProgramData folder (hidden) and delete the Wargaming.net folder. See if that fixes the problem.

[WOLF2]
Members
77 posts
7,680 battles

Having the same issue, I even uninstalled the whole thing, game center and the game, and when it downloads the new game center, comes up as a black screen. 

BTW, running WG check and all that crap, requires game center to work, because it wanted it updated the one time I tried. Since it won't, can't get any data there.

Members
2 posts

have you fixed this problem?
i have tried evrything,i unistalled evrithing wargaming related:form the appdata, from the program data,ecc.
i have updated the graphic card drives,i have even cleaned the trash before re-downloading evrything again but the black screen wargaming center is still there.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,137 battles

I had stopped playing for awhile, tried to play again about a month ago, and my WGC  is this same blank screen.  I can move it like a window, size change it, but other wise it has no other features.  I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled WGC and copied over files and other things that Support advised, but nothing has changed.  My WG games can't update, therefore I can't play.  I really wish someone figures this out!  I can't even uninstall the games to reinstall everything.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,137 battles
On 8/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, turbo07 said:

I would recommend to try also: these points before contacting our Support:

• delete modifications if you have any (you may also start game in a "Safe mode", check this with the right edge of "Play" button in WGCenter)
  • "check and repair" client via WGC >> Game Settings (You may check this topic for details)  
  • delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder and set everything manually again with the next game launch 
  • choose another graphic settings and check the result

And only if nothing works, then I would ask you to create a WGCheck report and send it to our Support in the ticket with some notes. 

All these suggestions will not work as WGC is the blank screen and the issue, not the games.  I can get my games to launch, but they need updates.  That requires WGC to work.

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
122 posts
5,144 battles
On 9/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, francesco_miele said:

unfortunally not, downloaded today still same problem

Screenshot (2).png

I've never seen this before. Been playing a couple days in a row since the newest update. But now I can't do anything with anything wargaming. I ain't got time for this. Cya.