TheURLGuy

Submarines are Coming

650 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
3,734 posts
5,388 battles

Automated Torpedo homing, automated ASW, could you introduce a ship that plays in my stead please?

At least the models look cool.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 4

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
568 posts
8,637 battles

I'm normally supportive of submarines entering the game, but only even tiers starting at 6 feels very lazy to me, and I doubt I will be the only one. Is there hope of WWI subs later? Is there hope of odd tiers before release?

• Cool 4

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

You are taking a bad idea, and making it worse...

I don't see this ending well.

Matt

• Cool 29
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,900 posts
3,940 battles
5 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I'm normally supportive of submarines entering the game, but only even tiers starting at 6 feels very lazy to me, and I doubt I will be the only one.

You are very much not alone on that. Either do a 5 tier or a 10 tier system. Don't mix em.

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Members
1,104 posts
20,373 battles

From the portal: "...we've got several issues to resolve: we have to find the niche that they should occupy,..."

They were primarily used as support ship killers (tankers, cargo, troop transports), none of which are in the game, and only secondarily engaged in combat with surface combatant ships (when thoroughly advantageous or unavoidable). Ah, the rush and desire to pigeon-hole another metric into the game that doesn't naturally fit.

Truly:

y0yGAqo.gif

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,226 posts
12,947 battles

So that's the full 'slow' 25-30kt at the surface and deep, but slower at periscope depth?

Lol.

4-5km of destroyer detection to an icon to steam to (so no indication at that range of course/speed of the target?) To drop automatic depth charges they can avoid by going deep? Ok.. then just whip around with your 1 minute 180° turn and try again?

HE damage at periscope depth? Why bother with any ASW at all. Best ASW ship... Zao? Useless ASW, limited dive time, just wait to gun them, unless they snorkel... This isn't ASW, what's the point? Just shooting guns at a smaller DD with an odd smoke. Don't get me wrong I don't think ASW can work but this auto system...

• Cool 3

[OO7]
Members
6,005 posts
13,026 battles

I am very unhappy to hear that answer to that question. 

Edited by Lexington_MuseumO7
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
3,734 posts
5,388 battles
4 minutes ago, mofton said:

So that's the full 'slow' 25-30kt at the surface and deep, but slower at periscope depth?

Lol.

4-5km of destroyer detection to an icon to steam to (so no indication at that range of course/speed of the target?) To drop automatic depth charges they can avoid by going deep? Ok.. then just whip around with your 1 minute 180° turn and try again?

HE damage at periscope depth? Why bother with any ASW at all. Best ASW ship... Zao? Useless ASW, limited dive time, just wait to gun them, unless they snorkel... This isn't ASW, what's the point? Just shooting guns at a smaller DD with an odd smoke. Don't get me wrong I don't think ASW can work but this auto system...

It's ok, the CV rework was a  resounding success, why not go the extra mile already?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 16
  • Confused 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,226 posts
12,947 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

It's ok, the CV rework was a  resounding success, why not go the extra mile already?

They should have opened with 'From the Developers who bought you the Carrier Rework, and the Producers behind the original NTC idea comes a new wonderful concept in game design!'

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Members
60 posts

subs were cargo hunters mainly not a true war ship which means it has no place in WOW kind of like CV's but you seem to do what you want anyway, but from Russia's own experience with subs in WWII you would think you knew better but it is just another bad idea just like your Research Bureau  

• Cool 9
  • Boring 6

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers
37 posts
8,008 battles

CV's are still completely broken and promote utterly toxic and un-fun play states. Literally in my entire time playing Warships, going back to Alpha, I have *NEVER* once had a match that was improved by a CV being present in that game. Now, with CVs still being despised by a significant portion of the player base, you're introducing *another* ship class that will have at best limited counterplay? I can see absolutely nothing whatsoever that could go wrong with this decision. Nope, not a thing. I also just gave myself a lobotomy with a spork, which probably explains that opinion.

Seriously, I know multiple people who have quit playing this game because CVs are so toxic to encounter in game. This is not going to draw more people, it's going to drive more people away. At the *VERY* least you should *FIX* CV's so they're not a complete *Bleep*-show that make me want to alt-F4 out of any match I get where one shows up because they are just *that* awful to play against. Fix what is still broken before you add new features which are basically guaranteed to *also* be broken.

• Cool 12
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 10

[KWF]
Members
3,734 posts
5,388 battles
8 minutes ago, mofton said:

They should have opened with 'From the Developers who bought you the Carrier Rework, and the Producers behind the original NTC idea comes a new wonderful concept in game design!'

Heh, pretty much. Besides NTC is just a way for old players to play more lower tiers according to WG, not a place to spam Free XP.

As for subs, WG could have gone bonkers and given us an actually interesting single player mode by implementing subs in Operations, giving them difficulties and such. You could even put WWI subs instead of the even tier thing. Instead they will have to be shoehorned balance wise in a PvP environment already rife with issues...

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 7

Members
1,104 posts
20,373 battles
2 minutes ago, Limekiller said:

CV's are still completely broken and promote utterly toxic and un-fun play states. Literally in my entire time playing Warships, going back to Alpha, I have *NEVER* once had a match that was improved by a CV being present in that game. Now, with CVs still being despised by a significant portion of the player base, you're introducing *another* ship class that will have at best limited counterplay? I can see absolutely nothing whatsoever that could go wrong with this decision. Nope, not a thing. I also just gave myself a lobotomy with a spork, which probably explains that opinion.

Seriously, I know multiple people who have quit playing this game because CVs are so toxic to encounter in game. This is not going to draw more people, it's going to drive more people away. At the *VERY* least you should *FIX* CV's so they're not a complete *Bleep*-show that make me want to alt-F4 out of any match I get where one shows up because they are just *that* awful to play against. Fix what is still broken before you add new features which are basically guaranteed to *also* be broken.

Sadly, every player that purchases ANYTHING with real money says "KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!" WG's cashflow is the vote that counts for anything.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[CVA16]
Members
4,215 posts
13,192 battles
13 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

Yup, a very unpopular answer to a (WG claimed) popular question.

• Cool 4

[BUFF]
Beta Testers
21 posts
2,128 battles

All I want to know is: WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR BETA?!?!?!?!

• Cool 8
  • Angry 2

Members
13 posts

Timed air is consumed while at periscope/snorkel depth on the submarine types that were fitted with snorkels? And let me guess- in this re-write of history- the Soviet Union develops the 1st snorkel, 1st nuclear submarine, can run faster underwater and in reverse than the DD's chasing it- and has unlimited sonar unaffected by it's own diesel engine while surface running. This is what you're actually wasting coding time on with your developers?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Members
4 posts
6,989 battles

well im so glad to see that the submarines r coming:cap_like: , looks like WG is spicing up the thing a bit:cap_rambo:

Edited by jagan_cruiser
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 4

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,233 battles

@TheURLGuy Torpedo operation and automated ASW is pure garbage. Tell then to get back to the drawing board and give them surface vessel torp aiming and firing and ASW as an ammo choice using keys 4 5 6 7

• Cool 1

[RELAX]
[RELAX]
Members
4 posts
14,326 battles
19 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

Same, I started playing right after Beta testing. After subs enter regular game play I and many others will be leaving forever

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[RELAX]
[RELAX]
Members
4 posts
14,326 battles
2 minutes ago, jagan_cruiser said:

well im so glad to see that the submarines r coming:cap_like: , looks like WG is spicing up the thing a bit:cap_rambo:

I disagree. Many of us will be leaving soon as this hits regular game play. Could be the end of Warships

• Cool 14
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[BUFF]
Beta Testers
21 posts
2,128 battles
2 minutes ago, MandolorianMidget said:

Same, I started playing right after Beta testing. After subs enter regular game play I and many others will be leaving forever

Bye, Felicia.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Angry 3