Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Legion of Honor Crate Results, Collection Info, New Capt

45 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles

So as most know I am a WOWS Whale (sorry to those who are offended by that). I don't always feel like grinding stuff non stop and will use my real world resources to ease my in game stuff. I will spend when there is something I want, need, or find value in to justify.

So, I decided to grab a 22 pak of the new premium LOH crates. Did so because my dragon flag supply is low and I figured the tokens would get the Capt and make that grind easier (tokens can be turned into doubloons so any extra and those earned will get me some doubloons back). I did not do it for the missions for the premiums as I know WG will just give me credits for them. But, if I get any ok. Possible to get the current event French camo's too (no need for them but again ok with getting some)....

• 10X15 French Camo (felt a tad heavy on the camo drop)
  • 3X15 Dragon (yellow) Flags
  • 3X15 Wyvern Flags
  • 2X15 Red Dragon Flags
  • 1X15 Leviathan Flags
  • 1X15 Ouroboros Flags
  • 1X15 Hydra Flags
  • 1X15 Scylla Flags
  • 13X1 Collection Piece (needed)
  • 9X1 Collection Piece (duplicate)
  • 22X120 Tokens
  • De Grasse Mission
  • Aigle Mission

So after the purchase I had enough tokens for the new French Capt and was just 2 pieces short of the collection (or 6 duplicates). So I gabbed a 6 pak of crates to just finish it up. Results...

• 2X15 French Camo (glad so few of these)
  • 1X 5 Ouruboros Flags
  • 1X15 Basilisk Flags 
  • 1X15 Hydra Flags
  • 1X15 Red Dragon Flags
  • 1X1 Collection Piece (needed)
  • 5X1 Collection Piece (duplicates)
  • 6X120 Tokens
  • Le Terrible Mission

So Collection is now done as well and can do an alternate color camo, and mount 2 flags, on French ships. Got 1260 extra Tokens and with the ones I can earn I can get a lot of doubloons (250 doubloons for 350 Tokens) back. 

So there you go. Posted results to help you decide if the crates might be right for you. Please don't go off on a tangent about loot boxes and what I spent and such. I truly don't care what others think about how I spend my money. I am satisfied with what I got which is all that matters. Good Luck to you. :Smile_honoring:

DgZpBhk.jpg

I1GreE1.jpg

Alternate color Camo examples using Republique...

DAkIDUz.jpg

bQeKPYP.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 18

Members
3,052 posts
11,720 battles

And that’s how I find out there is French collection in game :cap_wander:

[KWF]
Members
3,740 posts
5,399 battles

Just a heads up for anyone interested since this happens every patch. If you already have the ships, you only get credits back for them NOT doubloons.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,884 posts
20,803 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Just a heads up for anyone interested since this happens every patch. If you already have the ships, you only get credits back for them NOT doubloons.

It's real stingy.  Prior events WG would reward Doubloons if you had bought the Premium Ship already.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles

The important thing here is that they redeemed their screwup from the previous patch by making tokens available to purchase. I am strongly tempted to wait until the very last day, when I have obtained as many tokens in battle as I can, and then buy crates to make up the rest.

I have a policy of not buying crates for evanescent content like camo that just burns up and disappears, and RNG has never favoured me with premium missions from bought containers, but the tokens are guaranteed content and a path to obtaining permanent (or rather, life-of-the-game) content in the form of the French captain. And that changes things.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's real stingy.  Prior events WG would reward Doubloons if you had bought the Premium Ship already.

Not necessarily if you pulled the mission from a container.  One of the American events last year rewarded DD and CL premiums with credit duplicates, because there was a chance of getting them from free containers in game and they didn't want it to become a doubloon farm.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,776 posts
6,751 battles

Looks like about a 50/50 split on camos vs. flags and about a 1 in 10 chance for a ship mission drop.  Doesn't appear to be too unreasonable.  I may just give a 5-pack a twirl and see what I can shake loose.  I need some more dragon flags anyway.  :Smile_smile:

[KWF]
Members
3,740 posts
5,399 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't mind that much to be honest, it helps with my spending habits. I just would like to see it more expressly stated since every single time someone will have a bad time because of it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles

Thunder thanks for the great write up on crate contents. This kind of information will really help everyone make informed decisions on spending their money or doubloons. Well done. I am really proud to be in the same clan with someone like you who takes his own time to help out their fellow players. Just a wonderful thing to do. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,884 posts
20,803 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not necessarily if you pulled the mission from a container.  One of the American events last year rewarded DD and CL premiums with credit duplicates, because there was a chance of getting them from free containers in game and they didn't want it to become a doubloon farm.

I legitimately bought Le Terrible, Gas Can, De Grasse, and there is nothing in the new crate description saying I'll get Doubloons for those.  So it's pretty freaking stingy to me.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I don't mind that much to be honest, it helps with my spending habits. I just would like to see it more expressly stated since every single time someone will have a bad time because of it.

It bothers me a lot to be honest. It's just not right and treats players/customers like me (whales with most all ships) different than the customer/players without a lot of ships.

My stance on this is, if WG is willing to give player A who does not have the ship yet the ship, which has real world $$$ value, they should be willing to give the same equal real world $$$ value to player B who already has the ship in doubloons. Credits may have a real world $$$ value but they are about the least desirable thing WG could give as compensation.

They set the precedent of doubloons for duplicate premiums long ago but are now weasling out of it and going cheap. It should not matter how you got the premium duplicate the compensation should be doubloons period. When they use credit compensation it makes people like me feel like less than in their eyes. Why should player A get a ship and I get lousy credits because I already had it?

It is just not right and treats some players better than others.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I legitimately bought Le Terrible, Gas Can, De Grasse, and there is nothing in the new crate description saying I'll get Doubloons for those.  So it's pretty freaking stingy to me.

AMEN! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
3,740 posts
5,399 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It bothers me a lot to be honest. It's just not right and treats players/customers like me (whales with most all ships) different than the customer/players without a lot of ships.

My stance on this is, if WG is willing to give player A who does not have the ship yet the ship, which has real world $$$ value, they should be willing to give the same equal real world $$$ value to player B who already has the ship in doubloons. Credits may have a real world $$$ value but they are about the least desirable thing WG could give as compensation.

They set the precedent of doubloons for duplicate premiums long ago but are now weasling out of it and going cheap. It should not matter how you got the premium duplicate the compensation should be doubloons period. When they use credit compensation it makes people like me feel like less than in their eyes. Why should player A get a ship and I get lousy credits because I already had it?

It is just not right and treats some players better than others.

Thank you, I can't really often get a glimpse on the Whale viewpoint since I'm a cheapskate. :Smile_teethhappy:

On the one hand you are absolutely correct, the more ships you have, the more you get punished for it. On the other the system can be often abused for cheap doubloons.

Maybe there should be a mechanic that gives a certain token "value" to a ship from a container. Say you "won" a duplicate Gascogne? Instead of the credits you get a token "jackpot", giving you 1k tokens or so. The number can be tweaked and you can spend the tokens on something more productive.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
14 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Thunder thanks for the great write up on crate contents. This kind of information will really help everyone make informed decisions on spending their money or doubloons. Well done. I am really proud to be in the same clan with someone like you who takes his own time to help out their fellow players. Just a wonderful thing to do. 

H9M1kWE.gif

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They set the precedent of doubloons for duplicate premiums long ago but are now weasling out of it and going cheap.

They're going cheap on ships you get from RNGesus.

Warspite/Gallant in the British Arc? You had to fight for those Sovereigns or buy them in crates. Doubloon duplicate.

Cossack? You had to fight even harder for the Guineas. Doubloon duplicate.

PEF? You  had to fight for that harder than for any previous T6 premium. Doubloon duplicate.

Siroco? Hill? An uphill slog. Doubloon duplicate.

Kidd/Atlanta/Monaghan/Sims in the American arc (for example)? RNGesus giveth, even from non-premium crates. Credit dupes. We can agree to differ, but after the fiasco of last year's May Steam sale, I can sympathise with WG's desire not to be farmed through the back door for gold.

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Thank you, I can't really often get a glimpse on the Whale viewpoint since I'm a cheapskate. :Smile_teethhappy:

On the one hand you are absolutely correct, the more ships you have, the more you get punished for it. On the other the system can be often abused for cheap doubloons.

Maybe there should be a mechanic that gives a certain token "value" to a ship from a container. Say you "won" a duplicate Gascogne? Instead of the credits you get a token "jackpot", giving you 1k tokens or so. The number can be tweaked and you can spend the tokens on something more productive.

Or, just limit the possibility of getting the mission or (ship itself if no mission) to 1 time p/ event. That way anyone who gets the mission/ship will get the exact same value prize be it an actual ship or doubloon compensation. No way to scam the system there for multiple duplicates and every customer is treated fairly. 

They actually do this NOW but still use credit compensation.

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They're going cheap on ships you get from RNGesus.

Warspite/Gallant in the British Arc? You had to fight for those Sovereigns or buy them in crates. Doubloon duplicate.

Cossack? You had to fight even harder for the Guineas. Doubloon duplicate.

PEF? You  had to fight for that harder than for any previous T6 premium. Doubloon duplicate.

Siroco? Hill? An uphill slog. Doubloon duplicate.

Kidd/Atlanta/Monaghan/Sims in the American arc (for example)? RNGesus giveth, even from non-premium crates. Credit dupes. We can agree to differ, but after the fiasco of last year's May Steam sale, I can sympathise with WG's desire not to be farmed through the back door for gold.

They are willing to give the actual ship based on RNGesus. NO difference to a customer between a $40 ship or $40 worth of doubloons but $40 worth of credits...yeah that just sucks and is really not fair and equitable compensation.

Again, it favors one customer base and craps on the other.

You don't need to post about how this or that was done. I know as I have been screwed over again and again. I am well aware of their new(ish) credits for compensation scam thanks.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,225 posts
35 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You all are assuming that you'll get the missions if you already have the ship - I've not gotten a mission for a ship since before the French BB launch event.

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

Whaling right along with you AT, Picked up the 25 pack of crates from the premium shop as soon as they hit the shelf.
ended up with one mission, (De Grasse, already have it though) and a bunch of flags and camo's as you mentioned, missing 5 pieces for the collection, and I had 3000 tokens.

Picked up the french commander with 2100 of them, all in all, was a good deal by my standards, since those flags and camo's will help with my  USN DD Regrind.

[VETSN]
Members
1,045 posts
3 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Whaling right along with you AT, Picked up the 25 pack of crates from the premium shop as soon as they hit the shelf.
ended up with one mission, (De Grasse, already have it though) and a bunch of flags and camo's as you mentioned, missing 5 pieces for the collection, and I had 3000 tokens.

Picked up the french commander with 2100 of them, all in all, was a good deal by my standards, since those flags and camo's will help with my  USN DD Regrind.

I have 26k dubs, may just buy it, not interested in another grind and at least these crates offer good things and a chance to get some dubs back.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,021 posts
2,890 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The important thing here is that they redeemed their screwup from the previous patch by making tokens available to purchase. I am strongly tempted to wait until the very last day, when I have obtained as many tokens in battle as I can, and then buy crates to make up the rest.

I have a policy of not buying crates for evanescent content like camo that just burns up and disappears, and RNG has never favoured me with premium missions from bought containers, but the tokens are guaranteed content and a path to obtaining permanent (or rather, life-of-the-game) content in the form of the French captain. And that changes things.

In the same boat...I am done buying crates based on surprise mechanics, because my luck with them is abysmal, just like it is for the free containers and supercontainers.  Even getting flags and camos out of them equates to a random value because their value depends on how well you do in the particular battles you happen to use them in.  I'll see how close I get on the French captain as well, as it might be worth buying a few just for the tokens.

While I don't disparage how you spend your money, Admiral Thunder, and am happy for your good luck, I really hope loot crates change for the better some day.  In the meantime, I'd rather just buy the things I need directly rather than depend on fate.

Members
2,084 posts
3,676 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Agreed- this is what I did on the Benham grind. I wasn't going to hit 48/50 for the dailies, so I bought I think seven crates at the end.

Sign in to follow this