You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bob_ninja

Research Bureau is Awesome

85 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
3,846 posts
9,054 battles

This is such a compelling argument. Augmented by great persuasive skills!

Thanks for enlightening the masses. No one has heard any of the reasons for the NTC to be good, glad you were the first to say so.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[O_O]
Members
357 posts

First of all, do not write so much in a forum post.  It's really boring to read through and us 5 year olds have very small attention spans.

Secondly, I hope they put your most desired premium behind NTC, then you'll be singing a different tune.

Have a nice day sir!

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 16

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
324 posts
18,810 battles

PS: Forgot to mention all the extra they are throwing into our laps to make it easier:

1: You get 2X points for 1st reset. With patience you can get 2X for each reset if waiting 3 months.

2: Rank Sprints in sequence for re-grind that gives you extra rewards.

3: 3X XP days in coming weeks to boost XP earnings

• Boring 2

Members
2,096 posts
4,534 battles

See. Some of us have active lives in RL where we cant devote 5+ hrs a day to a game to grind lines for 1 ship. 

You have all the time in the world? Enjoy it, because once you have a family your priorities change ALOT

• Cool 3

[OO7]
Members
3,846 posts
9,054 battles
Just now, bob_ninja said:

PS: Forgot to mention all the extra they are throwing into our laps to make it easier:

1: You get 2X points for 1st reset. With patience you can get 2X for each reset if waiting 3 months.

2: Rank Sprints in sequence for re-grind that gives you extra rewards.

3: 3X XP days in coming weeks to boost XP earnings

This would be a great argument for the NTC... except the entire purpose is to give people something to grind for, not achieve trivially.

Making it super easy for people to achieve the goals seems counter productive.

• Boring 1

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
324 posts
18,810 battles
Just now, Rustyhole said:

First of all, do not write so much in a forum post.  It's really boring to read through and us 5 year olds have very small attention spans.

Secondly, I hope they put your most desired premium behind NTC, then you'll be singing a different tune.

Have a nice day sir!

Hmmm, good point I should have used more pictures.

"Most desired premiums"

You can argue Smolensk is even better than Colbert.

Georgia is perfectly good replacement for Ohio as they should be fairly close.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[TARK]
Members
456 posts
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

See. Some of us have active lives in RL where we cant devote 5+ hrs a day to a game to grind lines for 1 ship. 

You have all the time in the world? Enjoy it, because once you have a family your priorities change ALOT

My guess is that he already had a family... that family left (not left him... but grew up)... had their own family... and now he has boats.

What I'm saying is that this man has to be retired.  :)

Edited by turdjelly

[NGAGE]
Members
174 posts
8,555 battles

I mean...

On the grind part...

It's not really a grind to me...

Playing my alt account without all the benefits of my main account I am comfortably completing an entire line in 20ish hours of game play...

On my main account I finished russian BB line with like maybe 25 to 30 games max.

Overtime this may slow down due to lack of uber camos/flags but it's still pretty damn simple to grind lines out these days when we have the skill set that we did not our first times thru....

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
284 posts
4,660 battles

Hes not wrong. Games need end game content to keep people interested. This isn't for the guy that plays 1 game a week over the last 3 years and only has 1 line done. This is for the guys out there playing every day and need something to work towards. 

• Cool 2

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
324 posts
18,810 battles

I am just getting tired of all the negativity and ignoring the positives. Even when Fem tried to explain some issues and bring some positive points she was getting shouted down by a flood of posts. WG is trying something new and bringing new rewards and we are complaining???

Again I don't have steel for Neustrashimy or new Somers even though I am DD main this is annoying, but I am not going to post on forums negative content about them or WG. Just trying to bring more balanced perspective.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NGAGE]
Members
174 posts
8,555 battles
3 minutes ago, bob_ninja said:

I am just getting tired of all the negativity and ignoring the positives. Even when Fem tried to explain some issues and bring some positive points she was getting shouted down by a flood of posts. WG is trying something new and bringing new rewards and we are complaining???

Again I don't have steel for Neustrashimy or new Somers even though I am DD main this is annoying, but I am not going to post on forums negative content about them or WG. Just trying to bring more balanced perspective.

I appreciate your motivations and share a much similar viewpoint.

I think more effort/attention to details towards how it was delivered could have helped.

I am afraid the approach you took is simply going to be trolled. 

🤨

[MARE]
Members
44 posts
9 minutes ago, bob_ninja said:

I am just getting tired of all the negativity and ignoring the positives.

So are we...maybe if you didn't post so much negativity?

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
4,421 posts
1,708 battles

Hes right that the RB isnt for any of us but the elite.

Hes wrong that it offers a reason to play lower tiers. You could have played lower tiers without regrinding the line.

Hes also an arrogant boy demanding that we see the RB from his perspective. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
10,253 posts
18,930 battles
45 minutes ago, bob_ninja said:

I am getting very tired of complaints and all the [edited] from people who simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND what it is. Even after clarifications that IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE those exact players keep complaining. Guess what. If you are complaining IT IS NOT FOR YOU.

It is for me, so I will explain it clearly here hoping that annoying posts at least slow down.

Condition 1: I am active player. If you are casual player it is not for you. This is pretty simple, nothing else to say.

Condition 2: I like playing tiers 5-8.

There is widespread misconception about what "lower tiers" mean. Of course they don't want experienced players seal clubbing tiers 1-4. If you are experienced player don't be cheap, spend that FXP to skip 1-4. I don't know why WG didn't simply make reset go back to tier 5. So clearly "lower tiers" really means tiers 5-8.

The keyword here and the single most important feature is LIKE! There are so many complaints about being forced to play lower tiers. Again if you feel forced to play lower tiers then it is not for you. Many have this backwards thinking that they are forced to play lower tiers. It is the opposite. You are rewarded for playing lower tiers that you like and would play anyway. Granted in any branch there may be ships you don't like and maybe even hate, so yes some FXP may be needed. But you should be playing most ships in a line, not FXP past them.

For me my 1st reset are soviet DDs that I kept in my port and play already. I like pretty much entire line and didn't have issues with any of them, so easy choice. Here is a hint. If you kept in your port most of a line that is the best candidate for a reset. You like them, you kept them, well you will like playing them again.

Now for some misconceptions and misunderstandings:

Misconception 1: Mission/rewards for everyone, anyone can do it.

We are used to events and missions that reward special ships that any player can do given enough time. We are used to missions that apply to all players. Well this is different. It is certainly not for everyone. Just accept it and move on. Not for you, then don't write about it and complain. Look I don't have enough steel to get Neustrashimy. I would really like to get it, but I just cannot get enough steel. I am not going to call WG names and post online complaints and cry, etc. It is life. I have plenty of great ships so no big deal. Accept that we cannot get all rewards. It is fine.

Misconception 2: The grind is crazy

Again this is backwards. You are not grinding to get XP, you are playing ships you already like at your own pace. This is not time limited event, so what is the rush? You don't have to grind XP in limited time period. If you feel it is a grind then again it is not for you. Instead you are playing ships you like when you feel like it and at some point you get reward. Sure it may take a long time but I don't care. There is no rush.

In fact there are pretty decent alternatives. You want Ohio but don't like this system, then spend coal for Georgia. Instead of Colbert spend coal for Smolensk. etc.

I collected a few permanent camos, including my Kiev and others soviet DDs. Also I stockpiled a lot of consumable camos. So for me the grind will be even faster due to many camos speeding up XP progress. So I will play ships I like, like Kiev, and make good progress due to camos. This is not a "terrible grind" for me.

Misconception 3: WG is not listening

Yes they are. They listened to active players who have nothing new to research. They listened to initial proposed rewards that were broken and fixed it. They listened to casual players who don't have time to get resources like coal and offered Azuma/Alaska/Yoshino for $ as alternative method of getting them. And so on.

In fact looking at the UI seems RB will be super easy to ignore. You just never look at RB tab and ignore reset button in tech tree. Very easy to ignore if it is not for you.

So now comes the key question. Are you players listening???????

You are all not listening and keep crying like a 5 yr old who cannot get more candy/chocolate. Well grow up already ;)

Thanks WG, RB is awesome and ignore cry babies.

PS: Apologies if I offended you but sometimes we need stronger words to get a point across.

Well, seeing as I am WG's target player with this insanely stupid NTC/RB I will complain if I want to.

• I have EVERY line done to T10 in the game except French DD (at T9) and the T10 isn't available yet. Will have it day it is.
  • I play almost everyday and about 20-30 games a day most days (15K+ games).
  • I play T3-T10. Enjoy most all tier play but that doesn't mean I am insane enough to give up all the ships I have earned so far, at a credit loss btw, and do it again.
  • Every mission and reward SHOULD be available to every player in this game. Especially ships which should not be given to those who fall for the bribes and scams to play modes/do things WG wants us to like lab rats.
  • No, you are not playing ships you already like while you grind RB unless you actually like those ships. You have to give your ships up and regrind them so if you like say T8 US BB NC you have to play T3-T7 again and earn the NC back.You don't get to keep playing NC from the start. There are a lot of lines I hated playing. Why would I want to go through that again? Why would I want to give up a high tier ship I like that I already have for that matter to grind for it again? I already did that. No thanks to doing it again.
  • WG does not truly listen. They react if there is enough push back but otherwise they just do what they want as a rule. THey might listen on small stuff but unless the players are at HQ with the torches and pitchforks they just do it regardless of our protests. If you think they listen to the players, or really care what we want/think, you are out of touch.
  • And this isn't about populating lower tiers as WG claims (that is a smoke screen and half truth at best). This is really about all the money they will make selling things to make the regrind go faster and easier. It's not new content for veterans or to keep more people in lower tiers. It is a huge money grab.
  • Read your post again and tell me who is acting like a 5 year old here?
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,530 posts
32,243 battles
31 minutes ago, Arlensauce93 said:

Hes not wrong. Games need end game content to keep people interested. This isn't for the guy that plays 1 game a week over the last 3 years and only has 1 line done. This is for the guys out there playing every day and need something to work towards. 

Why? Before the ReBork dropped I played nearly 400 games at T7. Wasn't grinding toward anything, I was just enjoying playing the game with my div mates. Would have been happy to do that on new maps and in new operations... there are 00s of players like me, with every line at T10, and playing because they enjoy it.

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
123 posts
7,102 battles

I think you don't understand the reason that people are complaining about the Research Bureau.

It's the fact that it continues a trend of WG creating content that requires crazy grinding or crazy money to get the carrot at the end of the stick.  Events have been like this for well over a year now and the RB just furthers the point that WG's new approach to managing this game is that whether you're Free to Play or if you're a Premium customer, if you want anything beyond the base game modes you need to play constantly or pay up.   RB is particularly offensive because it's being sold with the obvious lie that it's about re-engaging with lower tiers.  It's a disturbing trend that many of us who have been playing for years really dislike because it never used to be like this.

There are so many better and obvious ways to accomplish the same goals that they are purportedly going for.  The fact that those methods are being ignored says a lot about what the company thinks of its players.  And THAT is why so many of us are upset about the Research Bureau.

• Cool 8

[PVE]
Members
10,253 posts
18,930 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Why? Before the ReBork dropped I played nearly 400 games at T7. Wasn't grinding toward anything, I was just enjoying playing the game with my div mates. Would have been happy to do that on new maps and in new operations... there are 00s of players like me, with every line at T10, and playing because they enjoy it.

Agree here ^^^

I have every tech tree ship in game right now. I still regularly play all tiers T3+. Yes I may play more at the higher end (T7+) but I still play a lot of T3-T5.

I don't need to give everything up and start over to do so. I play because I like the game.

• Cool 1

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
324 posts
18,810 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• Every mission and reward SHOULD be available to every player in this game. Especially ships which should not be given to those who fall for the bribes and scams to play modes/do things WG wants us to like lab rats.

Why? I don't have Stalingrad and I don't deserve it. Others put in the effort and have skill level to get extra special reward. I don't so I didn't get it. Why should I have access to it?

• Boring 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,308 posts
16,197 battles

My problem with NTC and now Research Bureau has been the same from the beginning. 
Yeah Getting ship buffs was stupid, but giving up ships just to regrind them is just as dumb. 
Giving up entire lines just to regrind them seems an insult to the effort I spent getting my favorite ships. 
I personally don't want to regrind lines and I probably won't because I don't like the idea behind the RB. 
Which is "the only end game content we can think of is to ask players to restart the game on their main account". [WG probably] 

I think a better system would be to offer players the ability to buy missions, like the long grind missions for those T10 Legendary Module, that are bought with a mixture of ship exp and credits. Than you play the low tier ship to complete the mission and it gives the RB currency. This would get rid of my main problem with RB which is Giving Up my favorite ship.

Regrinding ship lines Is Not End Game Content. Rank and Clan Battles was supposed to be end game content but not enough people are playing them so guess we need something new. Operations was supposed to get people to play lower tier ships but once you 5 star the operation there really isn't much replay ability there. 

I personally fear that the only way WG can keep players engaged is by making them grind for stuff. Which is leading to more and more players burning out from the grinds that never end. 

Finally I reserve the right to point out problems with the game. If that makes me a complainer than so be it. I like WoWs and I don't want to see it fail. 

• Cool 1

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
324 posts
18,810 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • And this isn't about populating lower tiers as WG claims (that is a smoke screen and half truth at best). This is really about all the money they will make selling things to make the regrind go faster and easier. It's not new content for veterans or to keep more people in lower tiers. It is a huge money grab.

Say you are correct. Why this super complicated smoke and mirrors thing?

Much simpler/easier to offer them for 2M FXP and/or $200 or $300 whatever.

They don't waste their internal resources and costs to make this complicated thing and they make money from FXP or direct $ sales. Simple.

It makes absolutely no sense to make this new mechanism just to sell FXP when they already have a well established working method for offering FXP ships.

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
357 posts

We could have had new maps, operations, balancing....but we got NTC because it took the least amount of effort to make and will be a new source of cash.

Edited by Rustyhole
  • Cool 1