24hrRaver

Game won't load after today's update.

17 comments in this topic

[GNS]
[GNS]
Members
8 posts
1,621 battles

I just got through downloading the latest update and now I get this message. Tried a restart on the computer just in case.  Still there.

WofW_error2_08212019.jpg

WofW_error_08212019.jpg

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
504 posts
7,377 battles

The website states that the server will be down until 0900 ET (It is 0816 ET as I type this)

• Cool 1

[NSWO]
[NSWO]
Members
106 posts
12,711 battles

I've been lurking around all morning JUST WAITING for this first post!

Every update there's at least one who didn't see the update notices posted EVERYWHERE, or can't tell time very well.

My faith in the world is renewed with every "Game wont let me in" post on update days!

[TWFT]
Members
1,147 posts
33,894 battles
5 minutes ago, SedatedApe said:

I've been lurking around all morning JUST WAITING for this first post!

Every update there's at least one who didn't see the update notices posted EVERYWHERE, or can't tell time very well.

My faith in the world is renewed with every "Game wont let me in" post on update days!

And I have been waiting for that one player that thinks hes the wizard of smart, that will come on to the forum and be the first to point out a mistake by another poster because they think it makes them look cool.

My dismay in the world is renewed with every "You didn't look enough" posts on update days.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[AK-49]
Members
287 posts
5,047 battles

Is the server for N/A still down? It wont connect to the game for me but the test site will.

Community Department
3,065 posts
1,138 battles
1 hour ago, 24hrRaver said:

Thank you. Didn't see that.

24 minutes ago, Aurora_7 said:

Is the server for N/A still down? It wont connect to the game for me but the test site will.

It's already up. Is it still actual for you at the moment? 
Please try to reload your WGC first. 

[AK-49]
Members
287 posts
5,047 battles
27 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

It's already up. Is it still actual for you at the moment? 
Please try to reload your WGC first. 

I'm getting this image after restarting the Lap top and restaring the NA server game, Thinking I might need to reload whole game again.

Internet connection is fine.

wows.png

Edited by Aurora_7
  • Cool 1

[AK-49]
Members
287 posts
5,047 battles
Just now, 24hrRaver said:

How do you reload the whole game.  Would that be a un-install and re-install?

I had to do just that with a previous update a couple versions ago. I'll wait for turbo07's response before I do.

• Cool 2

Community Department
3,065 posts
1,138 battles
26 minutes ago, 24hrRaver said:

Still down. 07:20 here.

25 minutes ago, Aurora_7 said:

I'm getting this image after restarting the Lap top and restaring the NA server game, Thinking I might need to reload whole game again.
Internet connection is fine

Spoiler

wows.png

The first thing could help is simple WGC restart. It helps in most of similar issues. Please try it first and check if it works for you. 

[AK-49]
Members
287 posts
5,047 battles
37 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

The first thing could help is simple WGC restart. It helps in most of similar issues. Please try it first and check if it works for you. 

I ended uninstallng both the War Game Center and the WOWS  game and I still get the 'unable to download updates' message. 

I'll try again later tonight. I'm in a publice wifi environment so maybe it the wifi provider causing an issue -though my Test server access was working fine.

Edited by Aurora_7
grammar correction
  • Cool 1

Community Department
3,065 posts
1,138 battles
22 minutes ago, Aurora_7 said:

I ended uninstallng both the War Game Center and the WOWS  game and I still get the 'unable to download updates' message. 

I'll try again later tonight. I'm in a publice wifi environment so maybe it the wifi provider causing an issue -though my Test server access was working fine.

Thank you for your feedback, any details may be helpful. 

[AK-49]
Members
287 posts
5,047 battles
3 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Thank you for your feedback, any details may be helpful. 

Just as a test I tried to install World of Warplanes and get the same message. I'm thinking it's with the public WIFI I'm at and maybe some filtering is going on. 

I used my phone as a Wifi Hotspot to test in the downloading and it seemed to work (though I stopped it because I don't want to pay the data usage for the download!).

So I think I'm set and it was just the Wifi I was under while trying to install it.

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Supertester
242 posts
6,658 battles

A lot of public wifi's block torrent ports, which is what the game uses to download updates, so that would certainly explain it.

[AK-49]
Members
287 posts
5,047 battles
1 hour ago, SnipeySnipes said:

A lot of public wifi's block torrent ports, which is what the game uses to download updates, so that would certainly explain it.

Yeah, was able to install it when I got to my home's wifi.

• Cool 1