Ensign_Cthulhu

Hilarious Anti-CV fail rantage.

22 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
15,645 posts
10,464 battles

So tonight I was in a co-op battle, getting used to my Colorado's gun performance. We spawn in the north and I head in at what represents flank speed for my ungainly bus, and some mindless knuckledragger in a Budyonny starts going off in chat about how (CENSORED) awful carriers are, their captains are cowards, blah blah blah, with the sort of language I really couldn't quote verbatim here.

He pushed the cowardice issue quite a bit, but I didn't pay too much attention for a minute or two because I was busy gunning down a bot cruiser that was charging me. By the time I looked up from that and back up at the minimap, this individual who felt it worthwhile to berate carrier players for their cowardice had made his way north, further from the battle than the CV had ever been, and eventually buried his ship's nose into the border in the top right hand corner of the map.

At that stage, all I could do was laugh.

I would have left it at that save that he subsequently announced he was "going back to port now", and that's when I elected to file a ticket on this fine individual, along with the replay. I hope whoever looks at it decides to give this chap the brief rest from playing that he needs to get his thoughts in order. With friends like him, the anti-CV crowd needs no enemies.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,013 posts
3,309 battles

Wait, he rage quit a COOP battle because of the CV? He couldn't even be bothered to charge ahead and ram? Which would have gotten him back to port faster probably.

This is new levels of I don't even know what.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,542 posts
12,209 battles

The bot CVs drop worse than even the worst PvP players :Smile_facepalm:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,447 posts
12,940 battles
2 minutes ago, pikohan said:

The bot CVs drop worse than even the worst PvP players :Smile_facepalm:

When they drop at all.

@Ensign_Cthulhu What was this players name, IRSTUPID?

• Funny 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,363 posts
4,472 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

At that stage, all I could do was laugh.

Did you mention that Sumseaman plays carriers (yes on occasion I refer to myself in the 3rd person)? Surely that would be enough to swing their opinion on this matter.

Still wondering when they are going to name a unique Commonwealth captain after me...

Seriously though I cry with laughter after such rants in chat. The crimes you committed this evening in your Colorado warrant a perma ban though Cthulhu!

Edited by Sumseaman

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
347 posts
5,470 battles

Reminds me one when I took out my Vanguard, the first day it was out I think, someone on the other team asked a couple questions about it and I answered. Someone on my team, in a Zao I think, got really mad I was talking to someone on the other team so parked his ship behind an island and refused to play.

• Confused 1

[WAG]
Members
1,878 posts
11,078 battles

...apparently there was a thread a few days back where someone in Coop was complaining that people were killing the bots off too fast and battles were only lasting a few minutes and they should go back to randoms as they were ruining the game... ;)

• Funny 3

[RLGN]
Members
12,248 posts
21,976 battles
5 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

But, can we talk about the fact this happened in co-op?! A CV was an issue in co-op?! :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, considering how I thought the bot CVs were going to be ‘programmed that way so they’ll be competitive’ cheating trash, they’re pretty lame right now.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Funny 1

[RELAX]
Members
1,148 posts
8,654 battles

How did co-op become such a stinking mess of bad attitude? I always thought that was  reserved for randoms and coop was supposed to be quiet and peaceful my little pony type play.

Edited by Chain_shot

Members
462 posts
8,681 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Wolfy since its co-op, I assume its :IRSTUPID:

Sadly, both co-op and random are full of these types of players now. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,021 posts
2,887 battles
1 hour ago, Scrapyard_ said:

Sadly, both co-op and random are full of these types of players now. 

I think it's especially during events that wins are needed, as in dusting off flakes, that we see more of it in Co-op.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,823 posts
4,597 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So

"Rantage" ?  You been watching that Buffy chick again?  Love that series.  Have it all on disc, and it's due more viewage.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,645 posts
10,464 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

"Rantage" ?  You been watching that Buffy chick again? 

No, I just picked it up through fandom osmosis. I don't think I ever watched any more than five minutes of an episode, and only because it was what was on the ER tea-room TV late at night.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,233 posts
11,368 battles
8 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

But, can we talk about the fact this happened in co-op?! A CV was an issue in co-op?! :Smile_teethhappy:

“OCCUPY CO-OP”

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
2,124 posts
4,532 battles

I've witnessed someone in a BB go mad in chat over the d*** DDs and their f'n torps and proceeds to go as fast as  his T6 bb can (which isn't much) and try to get in front of all of the friendly torps because they were killing the bots and he wasn't.  Getting mad over killing the enemy is pretty funny.  As much as I'd love to report him, I scratched my nose instead because ... well players like that punish themselves. 

[ARGSY]
Members
15,645 posts
10,464 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

“OCCUPY CO-OP”

Yeah, but it's like the other Occupy AFTER the guys and gals who'd actually lost their pension plans had had their rant and gone home to look for jobs, and all the weird funky stuff was happening with people... er... squatting in public parks and all the ageing hippies from the 60's moving in to relive their glory days. 

8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

What was this players name, IRSTUPID?

Stupid doesn't really cover it. I'm not sure English even has a single word that covers what these people are. 

8 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Wait, he rage quit a COOP battle because of the CV?

AFTER driving all the way to the back-line.

I think what made him finally decide to pull the plug was someone calling out in chat that he'd actually gone all the way to the back-line while screaming about other people's cowardice.

8 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

The crimes you committed this evening in your Colorado warrant a perma ban though Cthulhu!

I committed no crimes. I merely schooled the unwary. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[WAG]
Members
1,878 posts
11,078 battles
9 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

How did co-op become such a stinking mess of bad attitude? I always thought that was  reserved for randoms and coop was supposed to be quiet and peaceful my little pony type play.

Snowflakes...   snowflakes happened... with some 70+ to gather for myself, and many more for others, it was WAY easier to load into coop and reduce snowflake gathering time to a 1/3rd of what it would be in random in a win let alone losing in random...

So when this happens and the avg random player goes into coop, it is fish in a barrel time.. :D   Coop players do not like this approach of just killing them all.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,645 posts
10,464 battles
1 minute ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Coop players do not like this approach of just killing them all.

As someone who spends a lot of time in both modes, I really don't care. It's when someone comes down to Tier 4 co-op with the same hide-and-camp-in-terror attitude they bring to T10 Randoms that I get annoyed. Nothing worse than dying pointlessly while three ships that could have been helping me are hiding behind the nearest rock. The most disgusting thing that can happen in co-op isn't having your kills stolen; it's having the goddamn bots CAP YOU OUT because five eighths of the team wouldn't move on the cap circles and the other 3/8 got killed trying.

• Cool 2

[WAG]
Members
1,878 posts
11,078 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As someone who spends a lot of time in both modes, I really don't care. It's when someone comes down to Tier 4 co-op with the same hide-and-camp-in-terror attitude they bring to T10 Randoms that I get annoyed. Nothing worse than dying pointlessly while three ships that could have been helping me are hiding behind the nearest rock. The most disgusting thing that can happen in co-op isn't having your kills stolen; it's having the goddamn bots CAP YOU OUT because five eighths of the team wouldn't move on the cap circles and the other 3/8 got killed trying.

The run and /or hide mantra is so confusing... the minute you enter battle you have spent a pile of in-game cash and it you will not spend more, but you could spend less. In order to do so the guns of the ship need to be fired and hit the enemy and ( gasp, you might need to get hit back some..

So this hiding thing ins confusing... as is the complete lack of team work... the lack of understanding about how each ship does what it does, like tanking and spotting and fire-balling.... but yeah.. preaching to the choir...