Jump to content
Sparkster36

Free 24 hour Premium Reward

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles

I have a question regarding something that makes no sense (at least from my perspective).

Once every blue moon the game rewards you with 24 hours of free premium from a container. Now this is a great reward and very much appreciated. However....

In order to obtain the reward, you must play your days battles and once you one gained sufficient experience from those battles to collect 2 or 3 of the possible containers for the day, it usually require at least a couple hours of play, and for most people this is their daily allotment of time to play the game as life has other responsibilities too. So you do your couple hours, collect your containers and open them to replenish flags and camo and to obtain extra free XP and coin. And suddenly a free 24 hour premium reward pops up and AUTOMATICALLY is activated rather than being set as an option to enable when I next return to the game in the same way that flags and camo are added to my account but have to be manually added to a ship to be used. 

So what happens? I have done my day's battles and am leaving the game. And if I happen to return to the game the next day and HOPEFULLY before 24 hours has passed I get the bonus of having premium and extra coin and XP for that day. But this occurs all too infrequently as it is rare to have the reward come up and then have the free time to ensure I am back in the game within 24 hours of obtaining the reward. Life's responsibilities means we don't quite have the chance to enjoy the game on a daily basis. 

So the reward that is suppose to be so rewarding for your efforts and time Is completely wasted and useless.

WHY is not added to your account as an option to enable the next time you enter the game??? Granted, the 24 hours would run down non-stop again once enabled by the player, but at least you can PLAN for when the 24 hours starts and use it when it's convenient for the player such as on a weekend when you have the extra available time to put into playing while you have premium active?

It can not be that difficult to have an option somewhere that stores the reward and shows how many have been received or are available and a button to enable 1 or 2 or 3 of them if desired for 1 or 2 or 3 consecutive days of Premium. And preferably the option that if you have more than 1 available, that you can enable only 1 of them so 1 could be used each weekend if you happen to play every Saturday and not have 2 or 3 days activated when you only play on the 1 day. Granted, this reward does not come in a container that often, in fact it's fairly rare, so it's not like it needs to store a high number. So perhaps a maximum of only 3 or 5 of them are allowed to be stored. 

My main thought is...if you are going to offer a reward to players. Can we at least make it something that is usable and not a complete waste? It's not like you can see what you are going to get in a container before you open it so you know not to open it until the next time you are online. 

Just my common sense thoughts as this issue just occurred to me back last week. The 24 hour premium was activated as I was leaving the game for the day, and by the time I next logged in, it was expired. A complete waste of a reward through no choice or control of my own. 

 

Edited by Sparkster36
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts

what's the rush to open crates then?  wait til you start your day to open instead of when ending it ...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
711
[KAPPA]
Members
2,366 posts
7,195 battles
31 minutes ago, Ozium said:

what's the rush to open crates then?  wait til you start your day to open instead of when ending it ...

True enough. If you don't open the crates till you're ready to play, suddenly it's active on your terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles

This presumes you remember to open the crates when you first login for the day. Which I'd be willing to bet is not the first thought a player has when entering the game. 

As well, natural tendency would be to open them when you receive them. 

If you were given a gift by your family on your birthday, but were told you couldn't open it until the next day or the next week...wouldn't you wonder why they gave it to you that day and didn't just wait until the next day or the week after when you could open it ? 

Again...it goes against common sense and the natural tendencies of the average person. This is not an issue of being in a rush. It's a basic process of opening what you are given when it's given to you. Expecting players to wait until the next day to open a create you just gave them is counter intuitive. 

If we take it via your premise of not rushing...why not skip rewarding crates to the player on the same day and instead reward them to the player at the end of the day or at reset so that they can only open them the next time they are in the game? That way the issue of the above occurrence is greatly reduced. 

It can be seen from both points of view, however I believe common sense of the reward not being wasted by way of opening them at the end of the day should not be a reason for a player losing out on that reward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
3,867 battles
4 hours ago, Sparkster36 said:

WHY is not added to your account as an option to enable the next time you enter the game??? Granted, the 24 hours would run down non-stop again once enabled by the player, but at least you can PLAN for when the 24 hours starts and use it when it's convenient for the player such as on a weekend when you have the extra available time to put into playing while you have premium active?

The only issue WeeGee might have is that it wouldn't want players stockpiling premium days from containers, even despite its rarity. I could just imagine it getting to a point where you have almost a weeks worth and you don't feel like you need to pay for premium time :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
53 minutes ago, Sparkster36 said:

and instead reward them to the player at the end of the day

ROFL like the system knows when it's your end of day ...

you know how things work now, adjust to fit or just [edited] i dun care as gave way to make it moot for ya. and while back some guy posted pic with 1k unopened crates so don't come back with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
903
[PVE]
Members
3,969 posts
22,295 battles
1 hour ago, Sparkster36 said:

This presumes you remember to open the crates when you first login for the day.

If you can't remember to open the crates how will you remember to use the premium time?

Premium only comes from super containers (unless something has drastically changed since I stopped being able to play 2 months  ago...unless it's one of the PT premium containers) so just open all of your regular containers each day & wait until either the next day or Saturday to open the super containers you get...that way if you get premium it's usable when you want it.

How exactly are you proposing that they "add it to our account" in such a way that will make it any easier for you to remember to voluntarily activate it as opposed to just voluntarily waiting to open the container next time you log in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles

I'm guessing 

5 hours ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

The only issue WeeGee might have is that it wouldn't want players stockpiling premium days from containers, even despite its rarity. I could just imagine it getting to a point where you have almost a weeks worth and you don't feel like you need to pay for premium time :Smile_hiding:

I'm guessing you didn't actually read my statements where I clearly stated a maximum of 3 or 5 could only be stored to prevent this exact issue.

And given the rarity of the reward, I would guess that even if someone stockpiled 1000 crates, you might get 4 or 5 of the premium rewards from all of those crates. WG would have a better idea of what the percentage of odds are for getting that many reward from 1000 crates.

And the length of time required to stockpile weeks of premium time would be multiple decades if not longer. I've received it maybe 3 times since I started WoWs. And that's been 6 years. Once every 2 years. So 2 weeks of saved up premium would take you 28 years to build up. If you haven't ever paid for premium after 28 years, you never will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles
5 hours ago, Ozium said:

ROFL like the system knows when it's your end of day ...

you know how things work now, adjust to fit or just [edited] i dun care as gave way to make it moot for ya. and while back some guy posted pic with 1k unopened crates so don't come back with that

You do realize that the servers do have a clock and can repeat the same player account update process at the same time each day just like any computer. Or are you just choosing to purposely be ignorant about my statement?  

In fact, the game already does do this at the end of each day. At reset each day it adds back the 50% bonus to your first win for each ship for THAT DAY regardless of what time YOUR end of day is. The game resets at the end of IT'S DAY.

I didn't specify a time. I said end of day which the servers already do.

And I already specified (and responded to someone else with the same response) that only a maximum number of 3 or 5 of the items could be stored. 

If you are going to respond, please read what has been stated and respond with common sense. Otherwise...please stay quiet. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If you can't remember to open the crates how will you remember to use the premium time?

Premium only comes from super containers (unless something has drastically changed since I stopped being able to play 2 months  ago...unless it's one of the PT premium containers) so just open all of your regular containers each day & wait until either the next day or Saturday to open the super containers you get...that way if you get premium it's usable when you want it.

How exactly are you proposing that they "add it to our account" in such a way that will make it any easier for you to remember to voluntarily activate it as opposed to just voluntarily waiting to open the container next time you log in.

The same way they add rewards such as Camo, Smoke, Flags, Coin, Free XP. It gets placed on your account as a button you can click to activate the item. Adding a button that you can click to your profile page that stores a variable of 0 to 5 for available items would not require a huge amount of coding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,084 posts
3,676 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If you can't remember to open the crates how will you remember to use the premium time?

Premium only comes from super containers (unless something has drastically changed since I stopped being able to play 2 months  ago...unless it's one of the PT premium containers) so just open all of your regular containers each day & wait until either the next day or Saturday to open the super containers you get...that way if you get premium it's usable when you want it.

How exactly are you proposing that they "add it to our account" in such a way that will make it any easier for you to remember to voluntarily activate it as opposed to just voluntarily waiting to open the container next time you log in.

Wait, it's possible to only open containers of a certain type? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
1 hour ago, Sparkster36 said:

If you are going to respond, please read what has been stated and respond with common sense. Otherwise...please stay quiet.

i'll stop responding when you accept the game won't change due to your stubbornness of a straightforward and logical workaround, your making a problem where none exists ... :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Wait, it's possible to only open containers of a certain type? 

I don't believe there is (but I could be wrong). AFAIK - they show up in the order they were received and I don't believe you can skip one and move onto the next one without opening it. 

I was going to mention that , but I skipped it because I'm not 100% sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles
1 minute ago, Ozium said:

i'll stop responding when you accept the game won't change due to your stubbornness of a straightforward and logical workaround, your making a problem when none exists ... :Smile_facepalm:

No...you'll continue being ignorant and arrogant in the face of a common sense discussion that you have no valuable information or any positive view to contribute.

Your "This is how it is - deal with it" mind set is the same ignorant and arrogant thinking that would have kept man from reaching the moon or discovering nuclear energy.

Being adverse to change or anything that would improve the game for players that receive this reward because it requires someone at WG have to do something that should be done towards the benefit of all players in the game and doesn't require you personally to do a single thing. Yet you feel you must state that it should not be done because it's a change...or different. So who's the one being stubborn about a positive change to a small detail in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
1 minute ago, Sparkster36 said:

No...you'll continue being ignorant and arrogant in the face of a common sense discussion that you have no valuable information or any positive view to contribute. 

Your "This is how it is - deal with it" mind set is the same ignorant and arrogant thinking that would have kept man from reaching the moon or discovering nuclear energy.

Being adverse to change or anything that would improve the game for players that receive this reward because it requires someone at WG have to do something that should be done towards the benefit of all players in the game and doesn't require you personally to do a single thing. Yet you feel you must state that it should not be done because it's a change...or different. So who's the one being stubborn about a positive change to a small detail in the game?

ROFL ... dude my first response was a helpful suggestion to remedy your perceived problem. it's YOU who choose to not take it and argue every-which way you can to ignore it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles
8 hours ago, Ozium said:

ROFL like the system knows when it's your end of day ...

you know how things work now, adjust to fit or just [edited] i dun care as gave way to make it moot for ya. and while back some guy posted pic with 1k unopened crates so don't come back with that

 

2 hours ago, Sparkster36 said:

You do realize that the servers do have a clock and can repeat the same player account update process at the same time each day just like any computer. Or are you just choosing to purposely be ignorant about my statement?  

In fact, the game already does do this at the end of each day. At reset each day it adds back the 50% bonus to your first win for each ship for THAT DAY regardless of what time YOUR end of day is. The game resets at the end of IT'S DAY.

I didn't specify a time. I said end of day which the servers already do.

And I already specified (and responded to someone else with the same response) that only a maximum number of 3 or 5 of the items could be stored. 

If you are going to respond, please read what has been stated and respond with common sense. Otherwise...please stay quiet. 

 

Convenient how you also just ignored and didn't respond to the previous post that you were slammed on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles
1 minute ago, Ozium said:

ROFL ... dude my first response was a helpful suggestion to remedy your perceived problem. it's YOU who choose to not take it and argue every-which way you can to ignore it

No. It was a "Do it this way" statement of stop rushing to open things when they are given to you and wait til the next day. Again - this is COUNTER INTUITIVE of not opening the crates you have received. I know those are big words for you so maybe you should look them up to understand what is being said. 

And I'd be willing to bet YOU don't wait to open crates when you receive them. But you'll claim you do in order to support your argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
Just now, Sparkster36 said:

 

Convenient how you also just ignored and didn't respond to the previous post that you were slammed on. 

ok i was being nice to NOT respond to those but if you insist ...

1 minute ago, Sparkster36 said:

You do realize that the servers do have a clock and can repeat the same player account update process at the same time each day just like any computer. Or are you just choosing to purposely be ignorant about my statement? 

how is that any better than just changing YOUR behavior to open crates at start of day instead of at end?   please enlighten me ...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
5 minutes ago, Sparkster36 said:

No. It was a "Do it this way" statement of stop rushing to open things when they are given to you and wait til the next day. Again - this is COUNTER INTUITIVE of not opening the crates you have received. I know those are big words for you so maybe you should look them up to understand what is being said. 

And I'd be willing to bet YOU don't wait to open crates when you receive them. But you'll claim you do in order to support your argument. 

do you open xmas presents soon as they drop under tree?

sure i open them but i also don't have any time issues of using any limited duration items i may receive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles
3 minutes ago, Ozium said:

do you open xmas presents soon as they drop under tree?

sure i open them but i also don't have any time issues of using any limited duration items i may receive

So you are openly admitting that every other player in the game should be happy with losing out on the reward because YOU don't care if you lose the reward.

Everyone should be happy with losing the reward because you don't care about it ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
5 minutes ago, Sparkster36 said:

So you are openly admitting that every other player in the game should be happy with losing out on the reward because YOU don't care if you lose the reward.

Everyone should be happy with losing the reward because you don't care about it ? 

how would you lose out if opened it at start of day compared to at end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AV-J]
Members
15 posts
12,385 battles

You again do not understand the fact that natural habit and common sense will influence players to open creates when they are received.

You seem hell bent to change the way every player in the game opens their crates. While I seek a fix that would correct the issue without changing the natural habit of 10's of thousands of people. 

You clearly just don't get it as you can only see from your little microscopic view that everyone else should do things your way which is counter intuitive and you yourself have stated that you also do not wait to open them which all the more SUPPORTS my statements of how this change would aid ALL players in the game.

When I am stating that players can continue doing the exact same thing they are doing each day via common sense and yet you believe and want everyone in the world to change their natural habits to suit what you think they should do instead.

Who is being the bigger fool ? I'd be willing to bet that a lot more people would be willing to say you are being stupid with this line of responses. Especially after I have repeatedly shown how this change would benefit with little change to how people perform their normal game play. 

Welcome to being ignored from this post on-wards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
42 minutes ago, Sparkster36 said:

10's of thousands of people.

so you admit it's just a minority that have issues with self control?   

 

42 minutes ago, Sparkster36 said:

You again do not understand the fact that natural habit and common sense will influence players to open creates when they are received

where's the common sense when doing something in a way that effects you negatively?

 

42 minutes ago, Sparkster36 said:

You clearly just don't get it as you can only see from your little microscopic view that everyone else should do things your way which is counter intuitive and you yourself have stated that you also do not wait to open them which all the more SUPPORTS my statements of how this change would aid ALL players in the game.

they don't want people to stack free premium time drops, it de-values and lessens incentive for people to purchase it. those drops are teasers to what you could have more of if you open your wallet !!

 

if you want to save 1000 crates then open it when you have extra time to play on chance will get that free premium time hey go for it, but since you have no self control that will NEVER happen :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
903
[PVE]
Members
3,969 posts
22,295 battles
6 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Wait, it's possible to only open containers of a certain type? 

Yes...understandable you may not know this due to few # of games...but as far as the OP:

4 hours ago, Sparkster36 said:

I don't believe there is (but I could be wrong). AFAIK - they show up in the order they were received and I don't believe you can skip one and move onto the next one without opening it. 

I was going to mention that , but I skipped it because I'm not 100% sure. 

Dude...you're over 10k games...how is this still confusing to you?

The fact that people can have 1000 crates saved tells you that you can save them w/out opening them.

After you have any saved you can't go back & choose which ones you want to open...you have to open them in reverse order of receiving them 1 at a time (or either all at once or as many as it will let you at once if you have over a certain amount) but OP has clearly (multiple times throughout the article & w/much invalidation to others in the process) stated his/her , " compulsion" to open them every day so his solution is simple & was clarified in the very 1st reply:

16 hours ago, Ozium said:

what's the rush to open crates then?  wait til you start your day to open instead of when ending it ...

 

There's 2 graphics after you choose which type of container:

1st shows container being dropped onto pad & the 2nd shows the container being opened.

After the container is dropped on the pad you can see whether it is a standard container or a super container (SC). At this time you can choose to open it or not open it (by hitting "ESC"..this is your solution btw...when an SC shows up just hit "ESC" & save it until your next gaming session...simple as that. There is even an "ESC" icon option everytime you open a container you can just click on rather than hitting the actual "ESC" button...unless that has changed in the last 2 months of me not being able to play).

After hitting escape you can still choose to collect the next container & open it & the SC will continue to sit there until you choose to open it...either the next day/the next Saturday/or a year later.

Rather than collecting all 3 containers before opening them open them 1 at a time so if a SC shows up in your 2nd or 3rd container you will have already have opened your other containers & won't have to wait to open them to be able to wait to open the SC (because if you hit escape to not open 1 container all the previously unopened containers must wait until that container is opened before they can be opened).

You stated that you don't open them until the end of the gaming session for the night so it doesn't matter what is in your SC...you won't be able to use it until the next session anyway so what's the big deal of waiting to open it.

WG has it's $ reasons for doing it the way they do it & it's not gonna change...a solution to you wasting it every time has been offered (many times)...invalidating the people that suggested it due to your uncontrollable compulsions doesn't really earn you much sympathy...& accusing the rest of the player base of the same ignorance isn't gaining you any points either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,084 posts
3,676 battles
27 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yes...understandable you may not know this due to few # of games...but as far as the OP:

Dude...you're over 10k games...how is this still confusing to you?

The fact that people can have 1000 crates saved tells you that you can save them w/out opening them.

After you have any saved you can't go back & choose which ones you want to open...you have to open them in reverse order of receiving them 1 at a time (or either all at once or as many as it will let you at once if you have over a certain amount) but OP has clearly (multiple times throughout the article & w/much invalidation to others in the process) stated his/her , " compulsion" to open them every day so his solution is simple & was clarified in the very 1st reply:

 

There's 2 graphics after you choose which type of container:

1st shows container being dropped onto pad & the 2nd shows the container being opened.

After the container is dropped on the pad you can see whether it is a standard container or a super container (SC). At this time you can choose to open it or not open it (by hitting "ESC"..this is your solution btw...when an SC shows up just hit "ESC" & save it until your next gaming session...simple as that. There is even an "ESC" icon option everytime you open a container you can just click on rather than hitting the actual "ESC" button...unless that has changed in the last 2 months of me not being able to play).

After hitting escape you can still choose to collect the next container & open it & the SC will continue to sit there until you choose to open it...either the next day/the next Saturday/or a year later.

Rather than collecting all 3 containers before opening them open them 1 at a time so if a SC shows up in your 2nd or 3rd container you will have already have opened your other containers & won't have to wait to open them to be able to wait to open the SC (because if you hit escape to not open 1 container all the previously unopened containers must wait until that container is opened before they can be opened).

You stated that you don't open them until the end of the gaming session for the night so it doesn't matter what is in your SC...you won't be able to use it until the next session anyway so what's the big deal of waiting to open it.

WG has it's $ reasons for doing it the way they do it & it's not gonna change...a solution to you wasting it every time has been offered (many times)...invalidating the people that suggested it due to your uncontrollable compulsions doesn't really earn you much sympathy...& accusing the rest of the player base of the same ignorance isn't gaining you any points either.

So what you're saying is that when you select "OPEN CONTAINER," it opens the containers you've received but not opened in reverse order of how you got them, i.e. the most recent first? That makes sense, although it is a bit of an awkward workaround, since you can always see the crate that's next up to be opened but none of the others you have that are unopened. Seems like the only problem would be when you get multiple crate rewards, i.e. I got a 24-hour Premium crate that I want to save, but I can't open the other crates I got at the same time because the Premium crate is next up to be opened, so if I wanted the contents of the other crates I'd have to start the premium time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×