Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Primace

best research point strategy in Research Bureau

16 comments in this topic

[CCTV2]
Beta Testers
389 posts
7,744 battles

First, free xp to t6, then free xp from stock to elite, then play until bored, with flags and 200% xp camo, then free xp some more. Don't forget to buy doublons from the premium shop to pay for captain skill retraining, and more free xp. Oh you can also buy "booster packs" for specific tech trees from the premium shop, that start you off at tier7/8. Worth checking for sales on those. A credit card is an essential strategy for all this.

Second, once you have unlocked your tier 10 again, and have earned your tokens, you will be able to exchange them for even more free xp bundkes in the Research Bureau. Which you can spend on resetting and freexping another tech tree too.

Third buy Des Moines research boosters 

reset the split cruiser (US) line to 6. play both sides since through events we have perma camo's for a fair number of the ships 6 - 8.  

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[DENY]
Members
8,926 posts
9,933 battles

Or, you could just be smart and not do it and spend 0 money on top of that. We already have the ships and can buy and play them when we wish. The RB is nothing more than an insane cash grab as people regrind lines to get a couple of ships, to add to the ton they already have. No-one should pay real world money for free tech tree ships.

The first iteration of the RB was a cash grab that also turned your ships into complete P2W ships, this new version is just the cash grab part. Both iterations are wrong.

• Cool 8

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,281 posts
9,171 battles
19 minutes ago, Primace said:

First, free xp to t6, then free xp from stock to elite, then play until bored, with flags and 200% xp camo, then free xp some more. Don't forget to buy doublons from the premium shop to pay for captain skill retraining, and more free xp. Oh you can also buy "booster packs" for specific tech trees from the premium shop, that start you off at tier7/8. Worth checking for sales on those. A credit card is an essential strategy for all this.

that reminds me of something. deja vue.

9 hours ago, LoveBote said:

pro tip free xp to t6, then free xp from stock to elite, then play until bored, with flags and 200% xp camo, then free xp some more. Don't forget to buy doublons from the premium shop to pay for captain skill retraining, and more free xp. Oh you can also buy "booster packs" for specific tech trees from the premium shop, that start you off at tier7/8. Worth checking for sales on those. A credit card is an essential strategy for all this.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/198603-what-is-your-best-research-point-strategy-in-naval-training-center/?do=findComment&comment=4648085

but I'll take this as a compliment. the virus is spreading.

[INTEL]
Members
11,483 posts
32,103 battles

If they want us to spend more of our coal and FXP,  they just need to give us more things to spend it on.

if they really want us to regrind all those lines, they need to make a wide range of Rewards so that different kinds of players will be attracted to do this.  This may come as a shock to the developers but not all of us are as in love with T10 as they are, and don't care whether we have more T10 ships or not.  I don't see the point in regrinding to get premium ships I will seldom use.

But if we could have access to special missions, to coupons, to flags and signals, to camouflages...

• Cool 5

[WMD]
Members
1,132 posts
8,195 battles
21 minutes ago, Primace said:

Second, once you have unlocked your tier 10 again, and have earned your tokens, you will be able to exchange them for even more free xp bundkes in the Research Bureau. Which you can spend on resetting and freexping another tech tree too.

Third buy Des Moines research boosters 

reset the split cruiser (US) line to 6. play both sides since through events we have perma camo's for a fair number of the ships 6 - 8.  

Or, one could reset a line then play it from T1-10 without spending a dime... 

Why is it people assume that a huge number of people will spend money on FXP conversion? There are likely far more people like me who have never spend a cent on FXP conversion, and just do thing the "old fashioned" way. 

It really seems at this point like most of the complaining is coming from people who want free stuff, but don't want to have to do anything for it. 

• Cool 1

[USCN]
Beta Testers
2,831 posts
23,521 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

If they want us to spend more of our coal and FXP,  they just need to give us more things to spend it on.

if they really want us to regrind all those lines, they need to make a wide range of Rewards so that different kinds of players will be attracted to do this.  This may come as a shock to the developers but not all of us are as in love with T10 as they are, and don't care whether we have more T10 ships or not.  I don't see the point in regrinding to get premium ships I will seldom use.

But if we could have access to special missions, to coupons, to flags and signals, to camouflages...

I have most of these tier 10s and rarely play them due to lack of enjoyment in tier 10s battles when everyone all run for cover then the game  becomes BORING  ! ! !

Members
909 posts
5,992 battles
1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

Why is it people assume that a huge number of people will spend money on FXP conversion? There are likely far more people like me who have never spend a cent on FXP conversion, and just do thing the "old fashioned" way. 

It really seems at this point like most of the complaining is coming from people who want free stuff, but don't want to have to do anything for it. 

Yeah I agree. I mean I totally understand if this isn’t for you that’s cool if the reward ships aren’t your cup of tea then no worries you lose nothing by not participating. 

I also have to shake my head at the people trying to vilify WG by calling this a “cash grab”. The RB follows the well established business model that WG has used since WOT and that is pay to advance. If you chose you can get every reward form the RB without spending a single dime or you can pay some money and advance to the reward sooner but the price point is completely up to the player. Look guys as much as some of the developers may enjoy working on this game this is still there job. This is how they make their living so yes they are going have things in the game that incentive spending money. Why is this so shocking? 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,202 posts
27 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Yeah I agree. I mean I totally understand if this isn’t for you that’s cool if the reward ships aren’t your cup of tea then no worries you lose nothing by not participating. 

I also have to shake my head at the people trying to vilify WG by calling this a “cash grab”. The RB follows the well established business model that WG has used since WOT and that is pay to advance. If you chose you can get every reward form the RB without spending a single dime or you can pay some money and advance to the reward sooner but the price point is completely up to the player. Look guys as much as some of the developers may enjoy working on this game this is still there job. This is how they make their living so yes they are going have things in the game that incentive spending money. Why is this so shocking? 

We already saw where they wanted to go with this and where they'll likely try to slowly take it back, boiling the frog style.

And it's being sold with the lie that it has something to do with encouraging low and mid tier play, when it's clearly set up to do anything but that. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,963 posts
22,280 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

And it's being sold with the lie that it has something to do with encouraging low and mid tier play, when it's clearly set up to do anything but that. 

Huh? Just because people w/$ to spend on the game have the option of spending $ on the game doesn't mean that, "it's clearly set up to do anything but that".

Some people will pay their way through & some will not do it at all but it's obviously still set up for people to have the option of doing exactly what they claim to be encouraging them to do...& it will definitely take them longer but I bet in this FTP option game in the end more people will end up doing just that (much to the detriment of all the seals that will surely be clubbed on their way).

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,202 posts
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Huh? Just because people w/$ to spend on the game have the option of spending $ on the game doesn't mean that, "it's clearly set up to do anything but that".

Some people will pay their way through & some will not do it at all but it's obviously still set up for people to have the option of doing exactly what they claim to be encouraging them to do...& it will definitely take them longer but I bet in this FTP option game in the end more people will end up doing just that (much to the detriment of all the seals that will surely be clubbed on their way).

A player has to play a handful of games, one per ship, and that's all, to gain the payout for "regrinding" the line. 

Meanwhile, all the "elite XP' on all the ships on the reset line dumps to the bottom ship in the line, just sitting there piled up to be converted. 

NTC/RB is clearly set up to encourage spending real money to convert EXP to "Free" XP, etc. 

If it were about getting players to play lower tiers, it would be set up to require some significant number of actual battles played at each tier, and none of this nonsense about resetting or regrinding would be included. 

And hey, right on time:

image.thumb.png.d885f9e0e45760db98adb412a0ae076f.png

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[PVE]
Members
3,963 posts
22,280 battles
6 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Meanwhile, all the "elite XP' on all the ships on the reset line dumps to the bottom ship in the line, just sitting there piled up to be converted.

Or...as in most cases...it's just sitting there piled up to sit there.

Ideally for WG it gets converted...but in more cases than not it just sits there & players will just grind there way through the lines...or not even reset it at all.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,683 battles
17 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

Wargaming is so expecting people to just Free XP they even created a mechanic to make it easier for you. If you want your reward ship today, you can reset the line and Free XP four times, and then only have to play each T6-10 once, rather than four times, to earn the tokens. They are not even making you replay the ships once before you reset again.

[WMD]
Members
1,132 posts
8,195 battles
1 hour ago, DustRhino said:

Wargaming is so expecting people to just Free XP they even created a mechanic to make it easier for you. If you want your reward ship today, you can reset the line and Free XP four times, and then only have to play each T6-10 once, rather than four times, to earn the tokens. They are not even making you replay the ships once before you reset again.

Makes good sense, clear out some peoples stockpiles of FXP. 

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,683 battles

Many suspect this, and encouraging people to convert Elite Ship XP to Free XP is the true motivation behind NTC. Otherwise, the current Challenges is a much better system to get people to actually play tiers below 10.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,202 posts

Problem is...

First, WG started handing out gobs and gobs of FXP, in crates and mission rewards and via signal flags and so on... and then when players got "too much", they started talking about "inflation" (as if market forces exist in WOWS) and "hoarding" (as if it were the players' fault) when they jacked up the prices on FXP ships. 

Then, they tried to sell NTC/RB as being about encouraging more play in low and middle tiers, when it's transparently not about that at all, and clearly intended as an FXP, credit, etc sink, in order to monetize the massive piles of unconverted "elite XP" on ships.    If it were about encouraging play across those tiers, it would actual require more than a pittance of battles played at those tiers -- see, the "side research" missions in the game right now, as an example of something that actually encourages battles played in those tiers.    If it were about encouraging play at low and middle tiers, it wouldn't require those of us who've kept those ships in our fleet to sell them off in order to take part in the new system. 

So, at this point, after two blatant lies... NTC/RB is dead to many of us. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this