Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Plea to WG; the Dutch flag

11 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,485 posts
16,277 battles

Datamining revealed this:

unknown.png

The flag with the red-white-blue horizontals is the Dutch flag in upcoming files. I for one am happy to see any Dutch content, but I'd honestly rather see our actual naval ensign:

YHLakVR.gif

Hopefully the Dutch flag in the files is just the nationality flag and the proper ensign will come at a later date.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,241 posts
12,979 battles

The Dutch ensign is one of the sexiest flags afloat. Not to include it would be a travesty.

• Boring 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,798 posts
5,814 battles

af824e1677f7e8cdba52e4b7ef41c299.jpg

The current Dutch red-white-blue horizontal flag Wargaming wants to put in works fine too though. Personally I like the Dutch flag better.

Honestly what I'm more concerned about is if that Dutch premium DD has a bright orange permacamo.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,485 posts
16,277 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

The current Dutch red-white-blue horizontal flag Wargaming wants to put in works fine too though

Oh I know it does. I'd just prefer the jack :)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,504 posts
18,037 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I'd just prefer the jack :)

1 vote for the Jack, please!

[A-I-M]
Members
2,079 posts
18,712 battles

Hopefully they do not follow Nelson's example at (ahem) that battle: "I really do not see the signal". 

[SALVO]
Members
23,388 posts
24,003 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

unknown.png

The flag with the red-white-blue horizontals is the Dutch flag in upcoming files. I for one am happy to see any Dutch content, but I'd honestly rather see our actual naval ensign:

YHLakVR.gif

Hopefully the Dutch flag in the files is just the nationality flag and the proper ensign will come at a later date.

Without meaning to sound anti-Dutch (or anti-French), that Dutch national flag is so similar to the French national flag that I can see it confusing many people.  The naval ensign is unique, and I can't imagine ANYONE confusing it with any other nation's flag.

[WMD]
Members
1,137 posts
8,219 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

unknown.png

YHLakVR.gif

To me it appears that the ensign of the Dutch navy is the national flag of the Netherlands. The image below is a naval jack, which is flown from the jack staff on the bow when the ship is alongside. 

Just like how the Commonwealth ships fly the White Ensign rather than the national jacks, the Pan-European navies will likely fly the national naval ensigns as well. 

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,814 posts
4,866 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Sounds like a modder's problem.

what this have to do anything with mods? He was talking about the flag itself

Sign in to follow this