Sign in to follow this  
dylaroo20

Please fix the match making

11 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,064 battles

It makes it so hard to have fun and play the game when I get multiple T8 games in a row as a T6 IJN Cruiser. The Aoba already isn't a very good ship, to have multiple games where I am the only T6 in a T8 game is just unfair and really frustrating. I never seem to get a down tier for balance but I keep getting up tier. And it gets to the point that I can't do anything and get one-shotted from range cause I have no armor that can defend from these T8 BBs. And when I can get 4 Torps on target and not get the kill and then they repair back up to 60-80% HP like it was nothing is just unfair and not fun to play.

• Boring 2

[WOLF5]
Members
3,061 posts
3,324 battles
24 minutes ago, dylaroo20 said:

It makes it so hard to have fun and play the game when I get multiple T8 games in a row as a T6 IJN Cruiser. The Aoba already isn't a very good ship, to have multiple games where I am the only T6 in a T8 game is just unfair and really frustrating. I never seem to get a down tier for balance but I keep getting up tier. And it gets to the point that I can't do anything and get one-shotted from range cause I have no armor that can defend from these T8 BBs. And when I can get 4 Torps on target and not get the kill and then they repair back up to 60-80% HP like it was nothing is just unfair and not fun to play.

Ask and you shall receive: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-087-french-destroyers-part-2/

Patch 8.7 drops tomorrow morning, and one of the changes is a new MM system. MM will take you last 20 battles into account, and try to ensure that you only see the right proportion of up and down tiering. They said the limit for bottom tier will be 40% for T8. By basic math that leaves mid and top tier at around 30% each. Obviously this will change depending on the tier due to other restrictions. The twenty battles is always sliding, so it's the last twenty battles, not just one fixed set. 

I predict no one will really notice a change, and people will still whine about always being bottom tier.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
8,035 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

. . . I predict . . . people will . . . whine . . .

there you go, applies to any situation/change, not just MM

[A-D-F]
Members
2,105 posts
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Ask and you shall receive: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-087-french-destroyers-part-2/

Patch 8.7 drops tomorrow morning, and one of the changes is a new MM system. MM will take you last 20 battles into account, and try to ensure that you only see the right proportion of up and down tiering. They said the limit for bottom tier will be 40% for T8. By basic math that leaves mid and top tier at around 30% each. Obviously this will change depending on the tier due to other restrictions. The twenty battles is always sliding, so it's the last twenty battles, not just one fixed set. 

I predict no one will really notice a change, and people will still whine about always being bottom tier.

It said tier ten matches would be limited to 40% for tier 8 ships, the rest of the time, you will just be looking at tier 9s. Ranked is wrapping up and they need fodder for all those Georgias they sold.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,543 posts
18,077 battles
1 hour ago, dylaroo20 said:

I never seem to get a down tier for balance but I keep getting up tier.

You can't get downtiered, because of restricted MM at tier 4, the best you can hope for is top tier with tier 5s and 6s.

1 hour ago, Lexington_MuseumO1 said:

Tomorrow will be a new day

No it won't, and we both know it!

1 hour ago, dylaroo20 said:

The Aoba already isn't a very good ship, to have multiple games where I am the only T6 in a T8 game is just unfair and really frustrating

Aoba actually has it better in at least one way, she no longer has to see Cleveland at tier 6. Other than that, yeah, she has been power crept badly. 

[POP]
Members
1,528 posts
19,155 battles
17 hours ago, Umikami said:

Aoba actually has it better in at least one way, she no longer has to see Cleveland at tier 6. Other than that, yeah, she has been power crept badly. 

1612812725_Aobasuffers.thumb.JPG.9b0b0d90755ba456246b543a9b075cfd.JPG

Aoba suffers and that's all that can be said. Please buff?

Members
2,738 posts
509 battles
20 hours ago, Lexington_MuseumO1 said:

Haven't seen you around in a while:Smile_popcorn:

I DL;d E.S. IV Oblivion and got back into it (one of my all time favs).... this has gotten a bit stale and have not been on in a while

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Sign in to follow this