You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Submarine_M1

adding a new thread after CVs -> Submarines

16 comments in this topic

[_ARP_]
Members
694 posts
31,613 battles

Since Submarines are coming to the game (SOON™), i was wondering if in the forums, if  the forum organizers could add the forum section submarines under Discussions about Warships and added the sub-forums American Submarines, German Submarines, Soviet Submarines, and other nations....along with fixing the symbol for red Subs (in case you don't know, its [e5] , exacually as written) in game and adding the symbol for the forums....

Spoiler

:cap_cool:And hopefully the devs can make the I401, M1 and Surcouf as 2 pairs of t10 and a t8, respectively, after the official release of Submarines to randoms, or later :cap_cool:

thank you for the info!

Edited by Submarine_M1
  • Cool 1

[_ARP_]
Members
694 posts
31,613 battles

heres the image of the translated  manual for submarine to surface ship game play, which is WIP  for those who think it wont come out

33v7BWq.thumb.png.b3b2d97cc70812dc0cd59d676d39ee21.png0SXRNgL.thumb.png.3c23fd8fe14e40dcff2eb76c763da8fa.png

from a ST on ichase's discord, and the original source can be found here-

Edited by Submarine_M1

[_ARP_]
Members
694 posts
31,613 battles

here's the translation for it, for those who doesn't know how to translate-       

Spoiler

my apologies if it looked a certain way, i wasen't sure how to make it a plane text vs what it appears as of now

System: They're controlled just like in the event and sail completely different. While they do 25kts over water, they'll only do 8kts and periscope-height or under water. The U-Boat has 2 tubes on the front, 1 on the back. The one in the back is launched just like in the event/normal torps. Launching the torps in front is happens in 2 "stages". 1. Launch, the torp moves unguided into the aimed direction. 2. Zoom in (with "V"), two squares appear on the enemy, one on the bow, the other on the aft. 3. Optional! "Fire" again, a sonarping moves towards the target. If it the square, the torp will become guided and move torwards the target. 4. Optional! A second ping moves towards the other square, if he hits as well, the torp will dive deeper and cause more damage. Range of the shown boat 9km. If you use the ping the last known position of your submarine with appear on the map!! And only on the map!! Submarine emerged, detectable as usually. Sub at periscope-height, 50% detection [i think that's what he means here - sirius], 2km detectable. Subs will always detect other subs at 2km. DDs sail to lsat known position, if he's near enough, circles appear which show where the submarine might be (haven't seen it, as i played the sub). If near enough the DD will automatically drop depth charges. If 1-3 of the charges hit, the sub will sink.

Oxygen: Same system as in the even, lasts longer but also takes longer to recharge.  If depleted, no sailing at periscope-height. Won't refill at periscope-height.
Conclusion: It would be possible to bring the subs into the game like that. But they'll probably be very hard to balance as they get too strong very fast as DDs are the only ships with depth charges. DDs already have a lot of tasks so this becomes a double-edged sword. The subs are more sluggish than in the event and therefore very hard to control. Aiming with heavy manveuvering is hardly doable. Just like in the even, the reticle is too fast and too sensible.

Edited by Submarine_M1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,490 posts
12,942 battles

There is already a special place for subs and their discussion.

417CVAiSffL.jpg

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 2

[_ARP_]
Members
694 posts
31,613 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

There is already a special place for subs and their discussion.

417CVAiSffL.jpg

:Smile_hiding:

i understand that i am horrible at the idea

-_-

Edited by Submarine_M1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,490 posts
12,942 battles
Just now, Submarine_M1 said:

i understand -_-

Did you miss the sailor ducking? I have little faith that they will be able to fit them into the game and still have them feel like subs but I had to take a swing.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[_ARP_]
Members
694 posts
31,613 battles
Just now, neptunes_wrath said:

atMknVl.gif

hahahah......as much as a BB player at heart that i am, i would love to learn the other classes, and am proficient with DDs and CVs in comparison to BBs.....who knows, i might be above advantage in subs, if it goes thru :v 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
12,277 battles

Subs in this game is worse than CVs... again a strategic weapon trying to insert itself into a tactical surface warship game (no matter what WG says, that is what WoWS is)  Horrible idea that will really WILL drive folks away.  Want a Sub game WG?  Then make a separate game within the game... DDs guarding a convoy with subs attacking.  This ADDS to WoWS not subtracts.....

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,029 posts
3,309 battles
21 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

atMknVl.gif

That's a good meme, has seen a lot of use, but I must point out that the viewpoint there is above water. WOWS we can see under water, so it is epic.

Now, what remains to be seen is if surface ships see that picture, or have some kind of warning that torpedoes are about to hit.

Also, the real question here is whether deep water torps will hit subs.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,284 posts
9,171 battles
1 hour ago, Submarine_M1 said:

heres the image of the translated  manual for submarine to surface ship game play, which is WIP  for those who think it wont come out

33v7BWq.thumb.png.b3b2d97cc70812dc0cd59d676d39ee21.png0SXRNgL.thumb.png.3c23fd8fe14e40dcff2eb76c763da8fa.png

thanks for this

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,500 posts
18,037 battles

Well, I see the train approaching from the left is doing about 90 MPH, while the train approaching from the right is only doing about 85, though it is traveling downhill and accelerating. Since there is only this one track, nd they are both trying to use it at the same time, I'm curious about what the outcome will be when they meet.

Ah! Yes! Submarines in World of Warships!

• Funny 1

[CVR]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester
1,559 posts
23,207 battles
On 8/20/2019 at 7:34 PM, Submarine_M1 said:

Since Submarines are coming to the game (SOON™), i was wondering if in the forums, if  the forum organizers could add the forum section submarines under Discussions about Warships and added the sub-forums American Submarines, German Submarines, Soviet Submarines, and other nations....along with fixing the symbol for red Subs (in case you don't know, its [e5] , exacually as written) in game and adding the symbol for the forums....

Reveal hidden contents

:cap_cool:And hopefully the devs can make the I401, M1 and Surcouf as 2 pairs of t10 and a t8, respectively, after the official release of Submarines to randoms, or later :cap_cool:

thank you for the info!

good post my friend, Unfortunately wherever you go you always arrive the trolls to annoy and cry 

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
Members
694 posts
31,613 battles
16 minutes ago, zproxy said:

good post my friend, Unfortunately wherever you go you always arrive the trolls to annoy and cry 

i appreciate the feedback :D

• Cool 1