Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

PSA: Free Skill Reset

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,011
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,814 posts
4,866 battles

Don't forget to hit that skill reset button by the 29th or you will miss out. Added arrows to make it any more obvious for that extra effect.

H1Af91M.png

cAE1dLg.gif

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-087-french-destroyers-part-2/

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,470
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,549 posts
12,986 battles

Why do we have to do this through the website, it should be done within the game as I only have a few captains that I want to respec?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,461
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,152 posts

What's going to happen with "Massive AA fire" is pretty much what already happens with the AA consumable. I'm going to rush in and get the ship to use it and then back off and spot around for a bit until I'm sure that the skill is in cool-down and then come back and attack.

Frankly, I don't see that ships really need more of an AA buff. Have most of the playerbase tried playing CVs lately? Even a Shimakaze can wipe out an entire squadron if I loiter near it long enough and DDs like the Kidd and Grozovoi are simply to be stayed away from with planes. 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,214
[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Why do we have to do this through the website, it should be done within the game as I only have a few captains that I want to respec?

They seem to be trying to get people to read, knowing full well most won't. The 90% that don't read anything about the game aren't going to see a PSA either....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,149
Members
2,487 posts
4,169 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

What's going to happen with "Massive AA fire" is pretty much what already happens with the AA consumable. I'm going to rush in and get the ship to use it and then back off and spot around for a bit until I'm sure that the skill is in cool-down and then come back and attack.

Frankly, I don't see that ships really need more of an AA buff. Have most of the playerbase tried playing CVs lately? Even a Shimakaze can wipe out an entire squadron if I loiter near it long enough and DDs like the Kidd and Grozovoi are simply to be stayed away from with planes. 

 

The difference is,  this is now on every ship and not just ones with DFAA.  Also yeah,  bleeding planes isn't fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,461
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,152 posts
23 minutes ago, Palladia said:

The difference is,  this is now on every ship and not just ones with DFAA.  Also yeah,  bleeding planes isn't fun.

I have been very supportive of the rework but this skill seems like WG just wants CVs to go away. It will be an interesting week for CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,085
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,551 posts
8,304 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

H1Af91M.png

 

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. If I want to re-spec, for example, 10% of my affected captains -- I still have to reset skills for all captains?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
721
[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,191 posts
4,464 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

 

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. If I want to re-spec, for example, 10% of my affected captains -- I have to reset skills for all 100% of them?

Yup. RIP your free time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,085
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,551 posts
8,304 battles
1 minute ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Yup. RIP your free time.

That's a very poor design choice on the part of Lesta.

Why not have it accessible for individual captains, and cost 1 or 0 doubloons, like they've already done before (even had an easy mission to get doubloons when it cost 1).

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
415
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,782 posts
9,681 battles
10 minutes ago, vak_ said:

That's a very poor design choice on the part of Lesta.

Why not have it accessible for individual captains, and cost 1 or 0 doubloons, like they've already done before (even had an easy mission to get doubloons when it cost 1).

I'd agree, though I can see why they did it.  Last time they had a skill reset the place was filled with people talking about how tedious it was to hit the reset button for each captain manually.
I think the best option would have been to have free resets on top of the "reset" button, but who knows, maybe that's what's actually going to happen and they just worded it poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
544
[WOLF1]
Members
2,849 posts
11 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Yup. RIP your free time.

i am a bit confused, so instead of in-game reset, after i click the website reset, all commanders will be reset? i don't have to anything in game?

this could have 1 benefit though, for those who won't have access of the game for a while, they can reset the commander from website :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,021 posts
2,890 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

this could have 1 benefit though, for those who won't have access of the game for a while, they can reset the commander from website :)

Or, a hacker could do it, too...:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[ALL41]
Members
493 posts
10,884 battles

I guess WG decided a no-cost resetting option for a few days was just too convenient for us????   smh:cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[WOLF7]
Members
123 posts
49 minutes ago, Kenjister said:

I think the best option would have been to have free resets on top of the "reset" button, but who knows, maybe that's what's actually going to happen and they just worded it poorly.

My opinion is that it is poorly worded.

1 hour ago, vak_ said:

Why not have it accessible for individual captains, and cost 1 or 0 doubloons, like they've already done before (even had an easy mission to get doubloons when it cost 1).

Actually I think that captain respecs  should be a nominal 1 doubloon or 100 FXP per skill point all of the time. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
738
[LOU1]
Members
4,029 posts
11,097 battles
3 hours ago, gslick said:

My opinion is that it is poorly worded.

Actually I think that captain respecs  should be a nominal 1 doubloon or 100 FXP per skill point all of the time. 

The general opinion is that it is one of the revenue streams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,872
[ARGSY]
Members
15,733 posts
10,566 battles

I suspect all this button does is to activate the ability to reset them for free. The wording is poor, but it clearly says "The DISCOUNT can be obtained..."

I am starting to feel less and less sorry for people who don't make the effort to come to the main site and have a look at the latest news. Call me unnecessarily Darwinian if you like.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,214
[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I suspect all this button does is to activate the ability to reset them for free. The wording is poor, but it clearly says "The DISCOUNT can be obtained..."

I am starting to feel less and less sorry for people who don't make the effort to come to the main site and have a look at the latest news. Call me unnecessarily Darwinian if you like.

Your right, it's the players fault they really aren't engaged in the game.....:Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am starting to feel less and less sorry for people who don't make the effort to come to the main site and have a look at the latest news. Call me unnecessarily Darwinian if you like.

WG has been trying to get everyone to use the game center, I sure would hope the required "news" and info would be front and center on there.
lord knows there are enough news blips for the premium shop posted on that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,872
[ARGSY]
Members
15,733 posts
10,566 battles
15 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

WG has been trying to get everyone to use the game center

It's almost unavoidable, unless you know the workarounds to hack past it deliberately, and then you're probably on the forums and clued-in anyway. At the very least, it should get it into some people's skulls that there is news to be had, and maybe if they go digging there might be even more. I don't think I was in this game more than a month or two before I realised I was out of my depth, struggling badly and in serious need of answers, and came looking for forums to ask the questions in. 

The more invested you get in the WOWS community, the richer the game experience is. I put my heart and soul into participating in people's Twitch streams and YT channels, not just watching them. I probably hold the record for number of times anyone has submitted replays to and guest-starred in voice chat with @Lord_Zath and that has been very handsomely rewarded, but ONLY because I took the time to actually turn up and try to contribute to the discussion and analysis - and maybe in the course of that discussion help out some other poor noob who was struggling the same way I was. People voted for TWO of my replays as being helpful or worthwhile in his anniversary event, and eventually I won a ship because of that. If all I'd done is turn up to his stream and spam !raffle all the time without contributing in any other way, I don't think I'd have done anywhere near as well. 

You really do get back what you put in. And you're not going to put in if you don't turn up here, discuss points of major debate and do your best to help newer players get through what for some of them is a really massive undertaking. I've deliberately sent Zath co-op replays in trash ships because I know new players will be playing those trash ships in co-op, and they need to see mediocre players squeaking through with narrow victories and getting called out on how they nearly blew the match, not just unicums thumping the :etc_swear: out of unwary noobs like themselves in Ranked or top-tier Randoms.

 

And yet we still get people coming here only to complain when they could have come here for information first and avoided mistakes. It's mind-boggling. I simply can't get my head around it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's almost unavoidable, unless you know the workarounds to hack past it deliberately, and then you're probably on the forums and clued-in anyway. At the very least, it should get it into some people's skulls that there is news to be had, and maybe if they go digging there might be even more. I don't think I was in this game more than a month or two before I realised I was out of my depth, struggling badly and in serious need of answers, and came looking for forums to ask the questions in. 

The more invested you get in the WOWS community, the richer the game experience is. I put my heart and soul into participating in people's Twitch streams and YT channels, not just watching them. I probably hold the record for number of times anyone has submitted replays to and guest-starred in voice chat with @Lord_Zath and that has been very handsomely rewarded, but ONLY because I took the time to actually turn up and try to contribute to the discussion and analysis - and maybe in the course of that discussion help out some other poor noob who was struggling the same way I was. People voted for TWO of my replays as being helpful or worthwhile in his anniversary event, and eventually I won a ship because of that. If all I'd done is turn up to his stream and spam !raffle all the time without contributing in any other way, I don't think I'd have done anywhere near as well. 

You really do get back what you put in. And you're not going to put in if you don't turn up here, discuss points of major debate and do your best to help newer players get through what for some of them is a really massive undertaking. I've deliberately sent Zath co-op replays in trash ships because I know new players will be playing those trash ships in co-op, and they need to see mediocre players squeaking through with narrow victories and getting called out on how they nearly blew the match, not just unicums thumping the :etc_swear: out of unwary noobs like themselves in Ranked or top-tier Randoms.

 

And yet we still get people coming here only to complain when they could have come here for information first and avoided mistakes. It's mind-boggling. I simply can't get my head around it.

With you on that man! I have no idea why the forums aren't more popular, where else can you get the nitty gritty of literally everything and anything you're looking for.
All the best info can be had here, you have only to ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
118
[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
123 posts
7,093 battles
14 hours ago, vak_ said:

 

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. If I want to re-spec, for example, 10% of my affected captains -- I still have to reset skills for all captains?

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this now that the game is up.

Does hitting the button on the web page enable free resets per captain at the player's choosing, or does it do a single global skill reset of every captain you have?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
13 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Does this actually reset all my Commanders or does it simply give me a discount if I decide to reset a Commander @Femennenly ?

It does this.

Also, I wouldn't have known about this without this thread. It's literally buried  half way down a giant [edited]article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
927
[WOLFC]
Members
2,244 posts
12,782 battles
13 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Does this actually reset all my Commanders or does it simply give me a discount if I decide to reset a Commander ... ?

 

2 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

It does this. ....

Ah, you must work for WG's communication department.  :Smile_sceptic: :Smile_teethhappy:

Just messing with ya, but seriously, which one does it do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
9 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

 

Ah, you must work for WG's communication department.  :Smile_sceptic: :Smile_teethhappy:

Just messing with ya, but seriously, which one does it do?

oh, I just reread that. lol

It offers a 100% discount to retraining. So the Captains remain as they are, but if you want to reset, it costs 0 dubloons. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×